• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Promotion Issue

Kibidon

Reaction score
Hello -

On my server: Death War - Latest News . , I have it set for promotion at level 60 using 20k gold. The promotion and everything works and goes through and it shows you as a Royal Paladin, Elder Druid, etc. Problem is it seems sometime (maybe when u log off), you are changed back to normal and are not promoted. It works for a little bit and then goes away...how could I fix this?

Thanks,

I dont use MSN. I would like the answer on here. Here is the script:

promotion.lua
local keywordHandler = KeywordHandler:new()
local npcHandler = NpcHandler:new(keywordHandler)
NpcSystem.parseParameters(npcHandler)

function onCreatureAppear(cid) npcHandler:eek:nCreatureAppear(cid) end
function onCreatureDisappear(cid) npcHandler:eek:nCreatureDisappear(cid) end
function onCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) npcHandler:eek:nCreatureSay(cid, type, msg) end
function onThink() npcHandler:eek:nThink() end

local node1 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'promot'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can promote you for 20000 gold coins and level 60. Do you want me to promote you?'})
node1:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 20000, level = 60, promotion = 1, text = 'Congratulations! You are now promoted.'})
node1:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})
--[[
local node2 = keywordHandler:addKeyword({'epic'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'I can epicize you for 200000 gold coins. Do you want me to epicize you?'})
node2:addChildKeyword({'yes'}, StdModule.promotePlayer, {npcHandler = npcHandler, cost = 200000, level = 120, promotion = 2, text = 'Congratulations! You are now epicized.'})
node2:addChildKeyword({'no'}, StdModule.say, {npcHandler = npcHandler, onlyFocus = true, text = 'Alright then, come back when you are ready.', reset = true})
]]--

npcHandler:addModule(FocusModule:new())

NPC: The Forgotten King

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<npc name="The Forgotten King" script="promotion.lua" walkinterval="2000" floorchange="0">
<health now="100" max="100"/>
<look type="133" head="20" body="39" legs="45" feet="7" addons="0"/>
</npc>

Then it has to be a gesior/mysql/storage issue because i cant see anything in the script that would make it go back to original non promoted state.

Either-way let someone else comment on this.

i used an sql command to set all promotion=1 to all accounts. The website showed them as promoted and so did ingame. then about an hour later the people who were online were all unpromoted again! please help me.....!!!

thanks
kibi

for fuck sake you all claim to be good lua scripters and u answer all the easy questions/threads but u neglect to answer this one.

come on pros show us your shit -.-

Someone please reply - Problem: Promotions reset themselves after being online for a while. I am using the SimpleWarOT distro. (Based on TFS 0.3.6)

Back