• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Action Promotion Item (Can be used for VIP Promotion)

This Is War

Reaction score

Hello and im here to re-host another useful script! a item that Promotes you to another vocation, If you are good at changing scripts this script can be used as a VIP Promotion or any other type of promotion.

This script has not been tested!

Data/Actions/Actions.xml
Lua:
<action itemid="5952" script="promotion.lua"/>

Data/Actions/Scripts/Promotion.lua
Code:
local mageffect = 55 -- choose an effect to use (you can change this look in lib for magic effects)
local level = 1 -- level needed to use the script.

function onUse(cid, item, fromPosition, itemEX, toPosition)
    local voc = getPlayerVocation(cid)
    local vocname = getPlayerVocationName(cid)
    if(getPlayerVocation(cid) >= 1 and getPlayerVocation(cid) <= 4 and getPlayerLevel(cid) >= level) then
        setPlayerPromotionLevel(cid, 1)
        local vocnamenew = getPlayerVocationName(cid)
        doSendAnimatedText(getPlayerPosition(cid), "Transform!", TEXTCOLOR_RED)
        doPlayerSendTextMessage(cid,19, "You have been promoted from "..vocname.." to "..vocnamenew.."!")
        doRemoveItem(item.uid,1) 

else
        doPlayerSendCancel(cid, "Your vocation may not use this scroll.")
    end
    return TRUE
end

Last edited:
i just want to point something out, the scripts i release are made by me and not by anyone else however your just putting scripts here and you can't even edit them not "script" them...

I do not intend to flame you in your thread but my point is, before you come and make fun of me in my threads go learn how to script first... :)

i just want to point something out, the scripts i release are made by me and not by anyone else however your just putting scripts here and you can't even edit them not "script" them...

I do not intend to flame you in your thread but my point is, before you come and make fun of me in my threads go learn how to script first... :)

i never said i could script ;P i am only putting these scripts on here incase they are useful to someone...

Edit: and these scripts have no errors ;(

Last edited:
look i really don't want to make enemies here, but just to point out something, it's better if you script something that has errors than copy something that doesn't have errors :)

look i really don't want to make enemies here, but just to point out something, it's better if you script something that has errors than copy something that doesn't have errors :)

doesnt really matter anyways :p if i find a script thats useful for other people, i post it :) dont like it? dont post.

doesnt really matter anyways :p if i find a script thats useful for other people, i post it :) dont like it? dont post.

Then give him credits? Just stupid that you are even trying to justify what you did, I understand your intentions, but seriously, it's not that hard to add "Scripted by Ghettobird".

Then give him credits? Just stupid that you are even trying to justify what you did, I understand your intentions, but seriously, it's not that hard to add "Scripted by Ghettobird".

Would if i knew who made them, Still have all rights to post them :)

wasnt scripted by ghettobird, cause this script is in a server wich is over a year old, and she has only been scripting for like a month max :) so nice try.
"nice try", lol, what was I trying to do? You said IF you knew who made it you would give credits, and it seemed like ghettobird had made it. I was just enforcing what you were all saying, and it's not my fault that you didn't say that in the thread.
And where's the proof?

"nice try"... retard.

"nice try", lol, what was I trying to do? You said IF you knew who made it you would give credits, and it seemed like ghettobird had made it. I was just enforcing what you were all saying, and it's not my fault that you didn't say that in the thread.
And where's the proof?

"nice try"... retard.

wheres the proof? the server is from back last year in april, ghettobird joined back in august saying shes "new" to scripting. theres your proof, like i said if SHE did make it, id give credit, but she just made a copy of it.

Back