• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Proposal] Finish with AFK-Botters by Arterios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyabl0

Dyablo
Solutions
Reaction score
First of all - I don't own this proposal, I haven't written it.
All credits goes to Arterios, ShadowCorian player.

Hello there! This is a proposal which a player called Arterios sent me to share with everyone and it worth to read:

I turn to you to ask yourself a problem that is consuming rl tibia and is now consuming at best created ot server I've seen in my life... Shadowcores is mined and invaded plagued by botters. I agree with the bot as long as someone isn't AFK, but when someone is full AFK-botting it hurts all players. No one can find free respawn to those who actually play sometimes. I have to wait until 3:00 am to catch a little respawn the restriction of level, for large respawns makes them much easier access to afk botters that hurt the game...

That is the problem and propose a solution, I'm more than certain that the people who use FULL AFK-bot won't agree with your average enrichment and who does not want to have four characters in multi-client working around the clock and profiting? But I think it will eventually end up with the server, cost much and end up creating, not only that but with the fun of the players ... My proposal is as follows:

One hour is 60 minutes for each character which has been logged off for being 15 minutes AFK without moving. You can create a system whereby a message appear every 15 minutes on the screen like a message to everyone and which contains a multipurpose question specifies that can be answered by human logic and not by a robot or computer program example: 5+5 = ?
This message will appear every 15 minutes because if you aren't idle after 15 minutes that means you're on the computer and you are not afk, to answer the question you can come up with a special command that the player can use in local chat example : !answer 10, if the player does not respond for 1 hour, 3 of the 4 questions (15 minutes each answer and in an hour you will get 4 answer: 15+15+15+15 = 60) that will appear to verify that you are not receiving punishment of full AFK, can occur during any of the appearances the player does not fulfill any reason, this must accumulate three wrong questions to get punishment, therefore remains on the computer, playing or disconnected. Accumulations will be done once a day and save the server is reset to 0 accumulations erroneous... This is to minimize the number of botters afk and is a suggestion that I think will be extremely exita in your order which is to finish with AFK-botters and will be full criticized by those who only use program to level up their characters and to have unlimited earnings multiclient without any effort. I'm just a player who for the first time in a day want to have an empty respawn, and I want to see a guy which is hunting there manually, not a AFK-botter.

Short summary:
Okay, as you know after every 15 minutes you get a warning and after that you are kicked automatically for being idle, which means that you're not AFK
technically.
In an hour there are 60 minutes, ie the system will ask you every 15 minutes in an hour each question, so in an hour it will be 4 questions: 15+15+15+15 = 60.
If you don't answer 3 out of 4 questions you will have a automatically punishment, it can be jail, banishment or whatever until the server save and after the server save returns the count to 0 of questions.

Arterios already have seen this system in another OT server like a few years ago, it work very well to finish with botters.
So please, give us your opinion and this idea can be changed if someone has better than this one. :)

Yours,
Dyablo.

Last edited:
Stamina + this = a more enjoyable game-play!

I totally support it!

It is really annoying to see afk botters running around your spawn, while you sit at the computer and watch the game window.

It is UNFAIR in so many ways!

Well you'd have to come up with something so people could stand in depots & houses with anti idle?

haha
Answer every 15 mins ?
so maybe add answer every 5 min ?
It will best than 15mins.
Its only ots, don't be stupid...
If they add stamina and this proposal we don't play here normally but will be here like in the army
You can find bots on every server, on every games...
Stupid suggestion.
No

Dafuq? cant believe even people like this shit, stamina first and now this? Why cant you guys just let the game be as it is? People will always find new ways to get around this stupid ideas

But how about if ur having a fun in warmode? lets say ur in a def oppoiste team is tryin to break it and u get question 5+5=?. And if u wont answer it u'll be kicked?

Only problems I can see are what if you are in middle of PVP or some quest and message pop's up. It should be done like this you get a msg which you can postpone for 5 minutes then you have to answer the question lets say it like this:

You are doing some PVP and message pops up by pressing ctrl + c it gets put down for antoher 5 mintues which gives you plenty time to get to safe grounds and input. This can be all done and much better with OTclient. I mean really we should all stop using regular tibia client. Also this can be done in numerous different ways :)

But how about if ur having a fun in warmode? lets say ur in a def oppoiste team is tryin to break it and u get question 5+5=?. And if u wont answer it u'll be kicked?

The system should only give you questions if you are constantly killing monsters for 15 minutes or more.
If you are attacking or killing players, that should be an exception so you don't need to validate your presence.

i have seen this before on another ot and it didnt not work. the only reason it didnt work was cause it was the same question evewry time, i can see it working if the question is diffrent every time

How about if i don't know how much is 5+5? Than i can't play shadowcores. Stupid idea:D:D:D Or maybe it's good!!! IF you know the answer :D

then if you want to open shadowcores u need to prepare calculator first :D

and about idea im not agree let it stay as it is

Hmm right! Calculator is good idea :D:D But if im trapped by milion monsters and monsters are getting healed then i can't calculate it :S and i will die!

haha
Answer every 15 mins ?
so maybe add answer every 5 min ?
It will best than 15mins.
Its only ots, don't be stupid...
If they add stamina and this proposal we don't play here normally but will be here like in the army
You can find bots on every server, on every games...
Stupid suggestion.
No

You're the only one who's stupid. Or you're just a botter who's scared of getting caught.

As you can read, you have to answer false on 3 for 4 questions. So it will take at least 45 minutes to get punished. Yes, that's true. It's possible to be in defense for 45 minutes but I think its not to hard to type for example 8 to answer for question 4+4 = ?

Problem is not the question or answer.
We're planning to sharing more ideas about this with everyone soon.

And about calculator, it just was an example in this case.

You're the only one who's stupid. Or you're just a botter who's scared of getting caught.

As you can read, you have to answer false on 3 for 4 questions. So it will take at least 45 minutes to get punished. Yes, that's true. It's possible to be in defense for 45 minutes but I think its not to hard to type for example 8 to answer for question 4+4 = ?

Or you/re big noob who can't find any bot so crying here ;<

Problem is not the question or answer.
We're planning to sharing more ideas about this with everyone soon.

And about calculator, it just was an example in this case.

I have some suggestions. Maybe reset shadowcores ? Bec new players can get top places...
No thx for more stupid suggestions :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back