• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Quest chest giving wrong items

gunmetal

Reaction score
Ok so i followed the map tutorial and i added a action id of 2000 and the unique id i used a random number lets say i put 3400 now i added the contents to the chest but in game when u open the chest it actually gave u the unique ids number which was a stone wall... i thought the unique was a storage value? how can i fix this? i need a chest to give multiple items.

Btw im using tfs 9.6 server

TFS 0.2.14 Mystic Spirit 9.6 uses a script quests.lua instead of the system.lua like in the 0.3 servers where the tutorial was about. This script only works with unique id. Both item and storage are here the unique id, no need to use an action id, since it works with itemid in actions.xml.
What you can do is add an extra script for the chests that need more items and use action id instead of unique so it doesn't conflict with the quests.lua or use other items as questbox.

Id rather make it work like tfs 0.3 can I just add this system.lua script instead. If so where can I get it.
I like the idea of adding quest items thru maps and not having to go back into scripts to add multiple items. I know that sounds lazy lol

You simply add an action ID to the chest, and add them item you want it to give through the map editor. Once this is done, the default system in TFS should work properly. I believe the action ID's begin at 2000. however, that may be incorrect. You can find out by checking the actions.xml file in the actions folder, located within the data folder of the server files (data/actions).

yea but im using tfs 0.2 which as limos stated doesnt use the same system as 0.3 i can only add the item thru unique id id like unique id to be only the storage value not storage and item so i can add multiple items. If i have to ill use 0.3 but id rather not if thats even possible.

Now that you're a Premium member, is there any chance you would be willing to switch? It may be easier for you in the long run. TFS 0.2 is great, but requires more in depth knowledge of how things work. You will likely come across issues like this many more times.

Yea i decided to donate, since i have access i think ill go ahead and switch. Im not too knowledgeable is scripting. Im assuming a switch would be easier. also which version is more stable 0.3 or 0.4 or are they more or less the same?

Yea i decided to donate, since i have access i think ill go ahead and switch. Im not too knowledgeable is scripting. Im assuming a switch would be easier. also which version is more stable 0.3 or 0.4 or are they more or less the same?

If 0.3 is the client version you want, I'd use that. 0.4 is a continuation of 0.3, still in beta phase.

I got your message limos but your inbox is full i could really use it, im still using 0.2 and if this would make it work like 0.3 that would be awesome. Let me know!

so the only thing i need to do is using randoom unique id on chests?? and the item i want inside?? IM USING tfs 0.2.14

Back