• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Lua Question regardin tfs and lua scripts

gudan garam

Advanced OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey guys, so, I'm here to ask a question that I think you guys can answer really easily.

The things is... I have a 8.6 server that I downloaded like 3 years ago and edited the whole thing, but I don't have the right sources to its distro, its a windows distro already compiled that came with the datapack, its called "DreamServer"....

So, here is the question: I'm using windows 10 on my pc and I want to set the server up to make some changes on my own pc and then maybe put it on a dedicated server... buuuuut I only have the sources to tfs 0.4.0, so I compiled it (cause the DreamServer doesn't run on my pc, probably cause its windows 10) but the npcs are bugged with the tfs 0.4.0 (I managed to make them respond cause they weren't responding, i did that by changing a line of code on npchandler.lua but it is a little bit slow and the vocations are bugged too... So, if I wanted to run my server on a TFS distro and not the DreamServer that I already have, what things do I need to change, so that it runs perfectly on tfs, like, vocations scripts, npc scripts etc...

Is it easy to readjust the scripts to make it comapitble with tfs?

what should I do?

If you don't undersntad something, just le me know that i'll try to explain it better.

Hey guys, so, I'm here to ask a question that I think you guys can answer really easily.

The things is... I have a 8.6 server that I downloaded like 3 years ago and edited the whole thing, but I don't have the right sources to its distro, its a windows distro already compiled that came with the datapack, its called "DreamServer"....

So, here is the question: I'm using windows 10 on my pc and I want to set the server up to make some changes on my own pc and then maybe put it on a dedicated server... buuuuut I only have the sources to tfs 0.4.0, so I compiled it (cause the DreamServer doesn't run on my pc, probably cause its windows 10) but the npcs are bugged with the tfs 0.4.0 (I managed to make them respond cause they weren't responding, i did that by changing a line of code on npchandler.lua but it is a little bit slow and the vocations are bugged too... So, if I wanted to run my server on a TFS distro and not the DreamServer that I already have, what things do I need to change, so that it runs perfectly on tfs, like, vocations scripts, npc scripts etc...

Is it easy to readjust the scripts to make it comapitble with tfs?

what should I do?

If you don't undersntad something, just le me know that i'll try to explain it better.
easy? yes
time consuming? yes

easy? yes
time consuming? yes
Where do I start, what things will I need to change, like... I have epic vocations on my server, so I went to the promoter npc and got it, now when I look my self its like this: 20:47 You see yourself. You are .

What will I need to change? What I dont need to change?

And about the time... How long do you think it would take?

Where do I start, what things will I need to change, like... I have epic vocations on my server, so I went to the promoter npc and got it, now when I look my self its like this: 20:47 You see yourself. You are .

What will I need to change? What I dont need to change?

And about the time... How long do you think it would take?
data\xml\vocations.xml
then you have to add your epic vocations to that file
Edit: Where you should start is up to you, try to find what does work and what doesnt and start from there.
Remember its also good to use the data pack that come whit tfs 0.4, and then add the stuff you made on the other server to the new data pack.
Instead of just copy the data pack from dreamserver to tfs 0.4, it might break some stuff in tfs
but i might be wrong since i have never used dreamserver

Last edited:
so, it worked for the npcs but the epic vocation is still bugged, i think its probably the vocation system or the promoter npc that is bugged, not the actual engine... thanks for the help tho

most likely this "DreamServer" was made in 0.3.6 (correct me if I'm wrong)
when upgrading from 0.3.6 to 0.4 you don't switch out the engine or the data folder.
Use 0.4 engine & data. Add whatever scripts you need 1 by 1 and make sure that they are not buggy
absolutely do not replace any libs. if there was any important custom edit in the old one add it manually to the new file
data\xml\vocations.xml
then you have to add your epic vocations to that file
Edit: Where you should start is up to you, try to find what does work and what doesnt and start from there.
Remember its also good to use the data pack that come whit tfs 0.4, and then add the stuff you made on the other server to the new data pack.
Instead of just copy the data pack from dreamserver to tfs 0.4, it might break some stuff in tfs
but i might be wrong since i have never used dreamserver

So, as I'm just taking the datapack that comes with the tfs 0.3.6, I might aswell take another tfs thats better, right? since I'm making everything from zero...

So, as I'm just taking the datapack that comes with the tfs 0.3.6, I might aswell take another tfs thats better, right? since I'm making everything from zero...
Its up to you, im working whit tfs 0.3.6. and i can say that there is alot of stuff that is unfinnished. (atleast for real tibia map servers)
So using 0.4 might be better, i guess its more updated.
But i will still stick to 0.3.6

Back