• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Questions about the lib folder

Ovnyx

Solutions
Reaction score
hi people, i have working some time with my server, using tfs 1.0, and i wanted to know what did the "lib" folder purpose, because it is not in TFS 1.0, so i was reading in forum, and saw some interesting scripts that have code in some files placed in the lib folder, so i was wondering whats the function of that files located there. so i can use this in 1.0

thanks in advice, Bless

lib stands for library
you can think of the lib folder as an actual library, some books you don't want to read but you're looking for something that suits your needs and wants
same thing with functions inside a lib folder, there may be things you don't need or want to use, but there's extra functions for you to use to suit what you need to script
if you're using 1.0 i don't think you can use it since it doesn't have support for a lib folder

wow!!
1. thanks for your answer it was exactly what i was looking for!
2. is there a way to use a "lib" in 1.0 even if it is another filetype?

because i was looking darkhaos pet system and it looks interest how he used the lib file to write there and define a lot of things like using OOP(object oriented programming) look like a awesome way to create the scripts

thanks in advice!!

i'm not really sure if you could, since even if you put it in another file it might not be global
my recommendation is that you move to 1.2 if you like the OOP style

where did you get that information lol
it's not unstable, it wouldn't have been officially released if it wasn't stable

well i read about it, but im searching now lol, sounds awesome to start using 1.2 tfs , if i do this, i have to change the sql squema i used until this moment?

can i ask how to run a copiled tfs in arch linux?

thanks for your interest and your help!!

well i read about it, but im searching now lol, sounds awesome to start using 1.2 tfs , if i do this, i have to change the sql squema i used until this moment?

can i ask how to run a copiled tfs in arch linux?

thanks for your interest and your help!!

It's not unsafe at all, it's just as safe / unsafe as the shovel script.
It's a Lua file that you add ex variables, functions etc etc that you can either make global (using dofile(...) in global.lua) or make it local, use dofile in the file(s) you wanna use ex the shovel script.
So no there is no need to change your SQL schema because you added a lib file.

Compiling on Arch Linux · otland/forgottenserver Wiki · GitHub

hi man thanks for your answer, i already followed that copiling guide, the thing is idk how to run/start the server

Solution
Back