• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

C++ How to change the folder where the theforgottenserver.exe file is generated

eduardbean

Solutions
Reaction score
I have changed the directory where the theforgottenserver.exe file is created in the project. However, when I try to run this file directly through Visual Studio, it gives an error because it cannot find the config.lua file.

1688743594227.png

1688743615450.png

However, the config.lua file and everything else are in the same folder as the theforgottenserver.exe file.

1688743681403.png

1688743701633.png

Where else do I need to make changes so that I can run the Visual Studio debugger without having to place the data folder, config.lua, and keyprem inside the vc17 folder?

Last edited:
Solution
You need to change also "Diretorio de Trabalho" on "Depuracao", put the same value that you did on "Diretorio de Saida" $(ProjectDir)../

PS: I would download Visual Studio english language pack, it will make your like much easier while searching for errors and configurations
You need to change also "Diretorio de Trabalho" on "Depuracao", put the same value that you did on "Diretorio de Saida" $(ProjectDir)../

PS: I would download Visual Studio english language pack, it will make your like much easier while searching for errors and configurations

Solution

Thank you very much, it worked perfectly. I'll give a like to your comment, but I don't know how to let everyone know that your response solved the problem so that eventually other people with the same issue know what to do.

Back