• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Random Sprites - Lortsa

Lortsa1992

Reaction score
Gallery1.png

Last edited:
Not bad, some of them look to bright or just aren't shaded right, anyway still nice!

Nice to see another fellow spriter. In fact, I'm also making some sprites for tibianic, so we're kinda on the same page, eh? :D
These sprites only miss some proper shading, their shapes are excellent for their purpose I guess. I'd recommend you to look at some shading tutorials or work by looking at other people's work. The only truly decent sprite here is this one, I like it a lot:
Plasma_Sword_Lortsa2_bg.png

Hope to see more of your work soon, but do some research on what I mentioned, it won't be in vain. Good luck :'D

@up
Do you did those trees? :D

@top
Dolls are really funny, rabbit needs a proper shading, but frogy thing made me laugh.. I wish one's arms could move ;d
Keep up the good work :>

^ Don't know which ones you mean. I did make some trees but not for tibianic specifically. If you have a picture then I can confirm :p

enrh.jpg

I really admire your work Shadowsong and Anevis, Sick! XD
I'll try to do some better shading, thanks for the feedback :)

Last edited:
Hey guys, I tried to reshade my Pink Bunny Doll, however let me know if you think I did right. I do think it looks better ( more real ). Let me know!

OLD
Rabbit_Doll_Lortsa_bg.png

NEW
Rabbit_Doll_Lortsa_S_bg.png

Hey guys, I tried to reshade my Pink Bunny Doll, however let me know if you think I did right. I do think it looks better ( more real ). Let me know!

OLD
Rabbit_Doll_Lortsa_bg.png

NEW
Rabbit_Doll_Lortsa_S_bg.png

It looks more polished indeed but there are still a few mistakes that make it look kinda badly shaded/flat. I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty at an attempt to visually fix/show you some things that can be improved. Also I'd like to point you out a few things that you should pay attention to next time. It's very important that you don't skip details, it makes your sprite look much nicer. In this case, I mean eyes, mouth/teeth, paws, etc.
I felt like the eyes were too flat and small, they look really weird as 2 pixels, it almost always takes 4 pixels to get a nice-looking well-shaped eye. Also both front and back paws look really flat, you should add some kind of a line or something that will visually represent the division between his 'fingers'. Here are some tips how to make paws and cute eyes in future:

1_zps39927fa0.png

Also you used very bright (highlight) colors on the side of the bunny where it should be darker and shadowed. Like on the bottom of his right ear, his right paw and foot. Try to save the highlight for last and work only with as fewer colors as you can, then add some shades near outlines on the east, but brighten the pixels on the west side of the sprite. You have to take into account some other things that may cast a shadow, for example his big right ear that goes over the leg would cast a shadow on his paw/foot making them just a bit darker. If you wish, you can continue working on this re-worked sprite I aligned here, it still has room for improvement. Or you can take this advice and apply it on another sprite of yours. :D

Copyofrabbitzor_zps3b174520.png

I hope this wasn't too long to read, I'm just trying to help you improve as much as I can.

here's a tip: don't use outline inside the sprite, and don't use black inside the sprite (it makes too much contrast and black is total absence of light)
use highlights and shadows to make the heart of the bunny pop out instead of a line, it looks way better trust me

Wow you transformed my bunny into a real bunny! First of all, nice revamp! I tend to use too many colour differences which makes it in the end harder for myself. The shadow is the thing that makes me confused most of the time, as I never really understand what get's covered and what not. I mean under the eye, or right of the eye. I just guessed that it would be covered with shadow, not too much though. I tried to make the paws a little doll-alike ( stubs ), that's why they looked so boring haha. Inside the ear I tried to make a lighter pattern as bunny dolls usally have. I guess I failed at that as well. Anyhow, I see you darkened some places that I totally forgot or didn't pay attention too. I made the eyes as you have but not with the white dot, in the north west corner. It looks amazing, I'll remember that! The colour combinations itself will come in time as I just started spriting, but where the shadow comes from is a mindfuck sometimes lol. Thanks for your help feedback, helped a lot :). However, I have one question, why did you make the outline of the bunny dark-purple? I saved it and tried it ingame and it looked very blurry, so I changed it back to black. Seriously, thanks a lot for your time :)

@Masterofthis, I didn't use the outline inside my sprite, I used dark purple. It's hard to see I agree, I'll take a lighter purple next time :) Thanks

Last edited:
If it looked blurry ingame then I guess I used too light of a color, should darken it just a tad more then. But I often resort from using fully black outline because black tends to accentuate weird things in sprite shapes that are jagged somewhere (purposely or not). Softer outline acts as a natural anti-alias, but as you could have seen, if you soften it too much it looks shitty ingame.

Back