• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[READ] Mapping Is My Hobby.

Reaction score
First, i would tell you that am a beginner mapper and i don't know if am good or the better to stop mapping so can any good mapper tell me to do city or cave or anything i can do it and give it back and he tells me if i can be a good mapper or not ? thank you.

Thankyou,
Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

screenshot_2013-08-13-4-46-9.jpg

That's Small Ice Cave Good? Bad? Terrible?

That is so small, you wont learn anything by making 30x30 SQM maps.
Try make something bigger, look some other map threads to get some inspiration and so on.

Find something that inspires you, look at other threads, most do not copy the maps, my recommendation is to look at the maps and use the best ideas from them, and make a mix. Use "RAW", and removes the auto-border.
As Peroxide says, look at the most popular.

You can not forget to visit these threads:
Creativity - Post your mapping ideas
Mapping Inspiration
How to take Ingame screenshots properly
Quick Showoff - Post your latest maps
Official's OtLand Mapping Contest's Results «Take a look at the pieces that won the competition depending on which month

These are good mappers:
Darklord Mapping Works
Neon's latest mapping works! «Retired from the showoff, you can find it at:Quick Showoff - Post your latest maps»
Peroxide's Mapping Thread
Magnetico's Latest Mapping!
Macedoon's grandcorner
Decrik's Mapping Thread
Siramix HappyBox
Beto06 Mapping Thread
Of course I'm the best ... in my mind, so you can find my Showoff in my signature.

PS: good luck,and sorry for my english

RAW:
tutoriales_by_darkressxx-d6hwytr.png

Autoborder:
tutoriales_by_darkressxx-d6hwytt.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone is more or less crap at the start of anything, just keep going and you'll improve. Check some other works and analyze them, biggest mistake is usually making paths way too wide or buildings huge. Using auto-border can be of great help for making a quick outline kind of, but it should not be used when going for the "final product". It's gonna force you to make paths in a certain way, making it look unnatural. Take your prior work and turn off the auto-border, then start moving things around in RAW mode and you'll notice the difference.

ZISLY, best advice i heared about mapping was from you <3, really thank you can you teach me some tips ?

- - - Updated - - -

Darkressxx1-Peroxide-CorneX_ Really Thank you that you gave me some ideas and adivces thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Zisly, Am working right now on my own project cities, hunts, quests, shops all of all it's mine i wish you like it ALL.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Working with raw :D

- - - Updated - - -

Using raw is better in appearance but much harder ;x did the temple with raw.

- - - Updated - - -

Capture.jpg

Didn't Finish It Yet, But Any Ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Doing more than one hunt room, the first one is there V

Capture.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Training Room V

Capture.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP

- - - Updated - - -

Any Comments?

I do not like it when there are lots of teleports, but that's my opinion.
The training room should be smaller.
Plus I agree with Cvelzquez that looks very square..
Keep going!
Sincerly,
Taktik

ZISLY, best advice i heared about mapping was from you <3, really thank you can you teach me some tips ?

- - - Updated - - -

Darkressxx1-Peroxide-CorneX_ Really Thank you that you gave me some ideas and adivces thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Zisly, Am working right now on my own project cities, hunts, quests, shops all of all it's mine i wish you like it ALL.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Working with raw :D

- - - Updated - - -

Using raw is better in appearance but much harder ;x did the temple with raw.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 22179

Didn't Finish It Yet, But Any Ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Doing more than one hunt room, the first one is there V

View attachment 22180

- - - Updated - - -

Training Room V

View attachment 22181

- - - Updated - - -

BUMP

- - - Updated - - -

Any Comments?

Put in some more detail.

it's absolutely painful watching ghostx/neon stream, they could map 5x faster and have basically the same outcome if they didn't use raw
We map fast enough with Raw that we get decent progress done for whatever we're working on, ensuring it still looks good and it tends to have a lot less bugs when done Raw.

@25193323; I wish you had a better username, but I'm surprised no one has told you to save images as .png and upload them to http://www.imgland.net/
then copy the "BBCode with link (message boards)" and use that in the thread rather than uploading/attatching them.

K2BsKxB.png

We map fast enough with Raw that we get decent progress done for whatever we're working on, ensuring it still looks good and it tends to have a lot less bugs when done Raw.

+ you have freedom of creation. Which is why a lot of us become mappers anyway. Not to rush a shit job.

Zithium probably doesn't even know what Auto Border is. Probably never opened Map Editor ever.

Well either way I think this discussion is over, Zithium if you want to talk more about it then message Neon, GhostX or I

First I Would Thank Peroxide,Neon,Ghostx It's My Pleasure That I Hear That From You.
Second I Would Ask I Can Be Good Mapper?

Yes?
No?
Why?

Thankyou,
Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Small Nature Cave

Small Edited Anni Quest

First I Would Thank Peroxide,Neon,Ghostx It's My Pleasure That I Hear That From You.
Second I Would Ask I Can Be Good Mapper?

Yes?
No?
Why?

Thankyou,
Cheers.

Everyone can be good but make sure you follow this guys tips, don't worry about the future just map but don't just rush your work, follow the tips.

Back