• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Received a warning for "bumping"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady

Anderion.net
Reaction score
Hi, I've received a warning from Don Daniello:
Don Daniello said:
Dear Fady,

You have received a warning at OtLand.

Reason:
-------
Spamming

Stop spamming your own thread!

Bump your head first.
-------

Original Post:
http://otland.net/f485/experienced-mapper-168678/index6.html#post1676245

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
OtLand

I don't think its Illegal to bump a thread..
PS: maybe I bumped it more than 2 times without any replies of other otland members but there were few people Private messaging me about what I wanted(experienced mapper).

kind regards,
Fady

its only a warning so dont rly see a reason to make a big deal bout it but on the otherside i think this warning shouldnt be given as you can bump you thread as many times as you wants AND you cant double post cuz of the post merge thingy and deleting a thread for something like this is a bit unnceesery

its only a warning so dont rly see a reason to make a big deal bout it but on the otherside i think this warning shouldnt be given as you can bump you thread as many times as you wants AND you cant double post cuz of the post merge thingy

I talked to don first and he told me to create a thread here, when I said that i bumped it more than 2 times there were more than 24 hours between each.
Also there are MANY threads with many bumps and nothing happened to them.

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

Warning to don pls :/

ye but thats impossible,there must be someone posting inbetween ur bumps,its legal afaik,otherwise the post would just merge

nah you're wrong, it will just merge if you made multiple posts before 24 hours, also after this system is done I think the "spamming rule" should be removed or changed.

nah you're wrong, it will just merge if you made multiple posts before 24 hours, also after this system is done I think the "spamming rule" should be removed or changed.

thats wat i said :p but i dont think i made myself clear,wat i meant you post 'BUMP' and then someone posts something and you post 'BUMP' again within less than 24h of ur last bump which isnt illegal afaik

thats wat i said :p but i dont think i made myself clear,wat i meant you post 'BUMP' and then someone posts something and you post 'BUMP' again within less than 24h of ur last bump which isnt illegal afaik

ah now i get it :p
I didn't even do that!
I was just bumping after 24 hours or more even if someone posted, maybe did this once or twice but not everytime.

So I don't get it, how is it possible to receive a warning for bumping, if I were you, I would just keep bumping and ignore that warning because it totally makes no sense as the new update destroyed the 24 hours limit spam.

Simply almost everyone should also receive a warning because almost all threads have bumps in them.

I guess someone hasn't used his powers for sometime and decided he would like to have fun with it today.

Don Daniello, I am sure you're gonna reply here but whatever you say I have one thing for you;

If I agree with you, we will both be wrong.

It is just a warning to make you keep in mind that you shouldn't keep doing what you did, it's not an infraction.

Once again, I talked to don first because I knew that I haven't done anything wrong, his reply was "Go on, make a complain thread, it's the proper way to complain." so I created a thread :)

The only reason I could see fit would be trying to break a past-rule which doesn't so much apply at all anymore. But other than that I'm not answering for Don Daniello so don't take my word for it.

First of all, a "bump" is not a meaningful post at all. Then it is technically spamming.
Secondly, you "bumped" your thread even 4 times in a row.
Thirdly, I removed over 2 pages of your thread (out of 6) - 23 posts at once. I actually merged them with the first post to let you see what you did.
Last, there is no formal rule allowing you to bump threads every 24 hours. Not at all.

First of all, a "bump" is not a meaningful post at all. Then it is technically spamming.
Thirdly, I removed over 2 pages of your thread (out of 6) - 23 posts at once. I actually merged them with the first post to let you see what you did.
Last, there is no formal rule allowing you to bump threads every 24 hours. Not at all.

So your point is anyone that says "bump" is instantly counted as a spammer?

I am somehow pointing at my quote:

If I agree with you, we will both be wrong.

First of all, if its technically spamming then everyone should receive this warning.
Secondly, why would you care about bumping 4 times in a row? when I find out that my thread is going down in marketplace(replies in other threads) I bump my thread, also there are few people having 3-4 rows even more and you haven't warned them like what you've done to me.
Thirdly, 23 posts but some of them were "Closed" and "Opened" and some other stuff, not all were for "bumping", once again there are 135136136135631 threads having that amount of "bump" posts(which is 16 on my thread) so if you warned me then you have to check all threads and warn 61461426126541 other members.
Last, and there is no formal rule allowing you to warn me and leave 90% of members on otland who did the same mistake.

Lol, see what lack of consistency does.

Isn't that why you did the updated thing, that you have to wait 24 hours to post again? he's not spamming at all, he's just looking for a mapper, and people are to lazy to look at the Job Section, they just wait till something comes in Latests Posts (or whatever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back