• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Received a warning for "bumping"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady

Anderion.net
Reaction score
Hi, I've received a warning from Don Daniello:
Don Daniello said:
Dear Fady,

You have received a warning at OtLand.

Reason:
-------
Spamming

Stop spamming your own thread!

Bump your head first.
-------

Original Post:
http://otland.net/f485/experienced-mapper-168678/index6.html#post1676245

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
OtLand

I don't think its Illegal to bump a thread..
PS: maybe I bumped it more than 2 times without any replies of other otland members but there were few people Private messaging me about what I wanted(experienced mapper).

kind regards,
Fady

I was warned.

I wanted to see how much bullshit there is in this thread.

"Bumping between posts is k".

"when there's more bumps than original posts, 33% or w.e".

But thank you, for making it clear that Don is more abusive than fair, and that this whole thread is filled with pure sh*t

You were spamming... there was absolutely no reason at all to bump, you even said it yourself now. Genius plan I must say.

You were spamming... there was absolutely no reason at all to bump, you even said it yourself now. Genius plan I must say.

I never said my bumps were useless. I bumped after two useful/meaningful posts.

He clearly doesn't know the difference with spamming and not spamming. I really don't care any more. If he wants to make himself look like a retard that's his decision.

I bet he doesn't even remember posting bump twice in the past hour in this thread before they got removed.

If a mod could kindly show those 2 posts, it would be greatly appreciated.

He clearly doesn't know the difference with spamming and not spamming. I really don't care any more. If he wants to make himself look like a retard that's his decision.

Spamming and bumping a topic are two completely different categories. They go hand in hand but bumping is allowed "spam" (according to you) within certain marginals.

Whenever you bump a topic, you highlight it, hence bump: bring up my post

You can straight up call me a retard, but I'm assuming you'll go without any kind of punishment. I'm making a point, and you're simply not listening.

enough going offtopic?
I don't want this thread to be closed.

I never said my bumps were useless. I bumped after two useful/meaningful posts.
"I wanted to see how much bullshit there is in this thread."
+ there was no reason at all to bump. This is why these threads just get closed and end in a shitty "flame war"; you go down on schoolyard level and go on and on and on about "corruption" and shit, even your ways of trying to "prove" it fail miserably.

I think Don made the wrong decision and there's improving to do within rule enforcement. So don't go assume I'm ass-licking or whatever npw; I just don't want you cluttering the thread with nonsense.

The rules are indeed not clear about that.
During all the years, everyone had some kind of feeling of unspoken rules about bumping and spamming, it more/less worked.
The reason why I issued warning this time was to simply state: "what you are doing is not ok". There does not need to be any rule about that.
If you don't have any understanding of what "bumping" is legal and what is not even when the rules are not clear, don't bump at all. It's the same as with drinking, if you can't drink and stop when you should, don't start in the first place.
And you xitoz2 have just proved that you cannot bump. You just spammed this thread and invalidated its meaning. We will not care to explain anything to you.

Refering to Rambo's statement, fell free to never visit Otland again, I won't miss you. But you are also welcome to stay.

Are you able to simply say what does your reply has to do with anything with saying feel free to never visit Otland again?

I don't see where did it state that I was looking for your opinion on never visiting Otland again.

Are we able to get a reply from someone who can tell us anything about this? why are we having a community manager who answers by "feel free to never visit Otland" instead of fixing the problem or apologizing, clearly the last person I'd ask for any support is Dan Daniello.

Now, when a moderator gets reported, what should happen is that a higher level moderator replies back.

It completely makes no sense when you just close a thread because you think you are right and we are all wrong, it's like "oh look a complaint thread against me, you know what I should just close it as I am always right and everyone else is wrong"

During all the years, everyone had some kind of feeling of unspoken rules about bumping and spamming, it more/less worked.
The reason why I issued warning this time was to simply state: "what you are doing is not ok". There does not need to be any rule about that.
If you don't have any understanding of what "bumping" is legal and what is not even when the rules are not clear, don't bump at all. It's the same as with drinking, if you can't drink and stop when you should, don't start in the first place.
And you xitoz2 have just proved that you cannot bump. You just spammed this thread and invalidated its meaning. We will not care to explain anything to you.

I'll simply stop replying here, discussing with you serves no point. You ignore and/or delete my posts, and replies with the same answer every time to every single one of us here. "it is not k".

You're ruining otland, seriously.
I'll wait talaturen to investigate this because its still unfair.

Are you able to simply say what does your reply has to do with anything with saying feel free to never visit Otland again?

I don't see where did it state that I was looking for your opinion on never visiting Otland again.

Here:
Just to add things up to Dan Daniello;

I hope you don't think that you own this forum and that you are free to do whatever you'd like, there are rules and these rules are forced on everyone, otherwise feel free to resign from your position if you will create your own rules.

And you still didn't even get my name right. I'm not surprised that you transform everything you read like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back