• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Received a warning for "bumping"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady

Anderion.net
Reaction score
Hi, I've received a warning from Don Daniello:
Don Daniello said:
Dear Fady,

You have received a warning at OtLand.

Reason:
-------
Spamming

Stop spamming your own thread!

Bump your head first.
-------

Original Post:
http://otland.net/f485/experienced-mapper-168678/index6.html#post1676245

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
OtLand

I don't think its Illegal to bump a thread..
PS: maybe I bumped it more than 2 times without any replies of other otland members but there were few people Private messaging me about what I wanted(experienced mapper).

kind regards,
Fady

I don't see a reason why it was given, if they all had 24+ hour interval, then it should be fine, but like Peroxide said, its just my opinion..

Add a bump plugin instead, I'm sure it's been proposed before.

Add a bump plugin instead, I'm sure it's been proposed before.

Well sometimes you need to make a BUMP, and if theirs no bumps well, who is going to answer to your question, or who's going to apply for ~. At least 30% of the community waits for a new thread to come out, they don't look for, Jobs or whatever, they just wait.

First of all, a "bump" is not a meaningful post at all. Then it is technically spamming.
Secondly, you "bumped" your thread even 4 times in a row.
Thirdly, I removed over 2 pages of your thread (out of 6) - 23 posts at once. I actually merged them with the first post to let you see what you did.
Last, there is no formal rule allowing you to bump threads every 24 hours. Not at all.

Bump

----
Am I a spammer now and gona get a warning? (plix no i pay)
How the f**k can he bump his thread 3-4 times within less than 24hrs ,which was considered illegal sometime ago, with the merge system?

@up
you gonna get warning for making your post mega long aka spamming :D wait for it

Three Magic said:
Then look in the threads / sections I posted and boom ,you've got over 1000 bump posts
smile.gif

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and, some probably go as far back as 2007. GOODLUCK
smile.gif
!
So you don't have time to go back to 2007 just to report the posts but you expect us to clean it? ?? Nah.

Secondly, the fact that noone (which is barely near to the truth) received a warning for bumping their threads does not mean you cannot. We don't have fancy government, judges, police and armed forces here to hunt down everyone and provide you a full trial and a state attorney if you can't afford one. Simply, no.

There are different levels of bumping. There is a bumping that goes unnoticed for a reason. Maybe there are no 4 bumps in a row? Or maybe it doesn't take 33% of the whole thread? This is why not all bumps are treated in the same way. You could also *try* asking a moderator to merge your previous bumps before making new ones. I said trying, because noone has to do it. But I'm sure someone would actually like to do that. Since you thought it's ok to keep *spamming* that way, I provided you with a simple notice (here called: a warning) that it is *NOT* ok. You have been warned.

And no, we will not write 1000000 pages of "law governing Otland" just to provide rules for EVERY possibility you might invent. We don't feel like wasting our time for that.

so ur saying its his fault he has to bump his thread 4 times in a row because no one is interested in his offer? seems retarded

I once got banned for calling a mod who called me a retard a retard ;/

Add a rule about bumping and problem solved (=

I once got banned for calling a mod who called me a retard a retard ;/

Add a rule about bumping and problem solved (=

2. Spamming:
You may not repeat the same message multiple times. It is seen as spamming, and will be deleted. If you accidentally post the same content twice, report one of the duplicate posts so that we can delete it.

2. Spamming:
You may not repeat the same message multiple times. It is seen as spamming, and will be deleted. If you accidentally post the same content twice, report one of the duplicate posts so that we can delete it.
The rule is very ambiguous, ok not at first place but you've made it that way. If you look at how things are handled, it's clear that the rule isn't obvious nor followed unless you feel for it that special day, so quit just pointing blindly at rules to "defend" yourselves and look at the issue instead. The rule states one thing and the forum actions by the mods another; if you see a bunch of threads with 4 bumps in a row, you're gonna assume that's the exception to that rule, even Don said it was a different case. some posts up... So maybe add a thing about bumping; I wouldn't say that's a waste of time as "bump" posts are made daily and there's clearly a need for this if Don isn't gonna somehow "apologize" for being inconsistent. Or just start being consistent and add damn bump plugin.

Last edited:
As long as it is after 24 hours it's fine, there is another thread by Devianceone? or someone with the name similar to that and he bumps literally every day.

I say bump will i get a warning now??

and why did he get a warning when he write bump each 24 hours?

This is pathetic.
Good reason why Open Tibia is going downhill.

There are different levels of bumping. There is a bumping that goes unnoticed for a reason. Maybe there are no 4 bumps in a row? Or maybe it doesn't take 33% of the whole thread? This is why not all bumps are treated in the same way. You could also *try* asking a moderator to merge your previous bumps before making new ones. I said trying, because noone has to do it. But I'm sure someone would actually like to do that. Since you thought it's ok to keep *spamming* that way, I provided you with a simple notice (here called: a warning) that it is *NOT* ok. You have been warned.
Still, I'm not bumping in an Illegal way. Plus, no one reported me so why the hell would you warn me if no one complained about my bumps? when I asked you if someone reported me or not you simply said "No, you were just lucky enough that I browsed your thread" so are you trying to tell me that you login otland everyday to browse my threads only? Ofcourse you browse other threads and they have shitloads of bumps but nothing happened to them.
once again, I have the right to bump after 24 hours and for the "33% of the whole thread" thingy, well.. there were about 6 posts saying Closed/opened/declined/accepted etc. and I'm sure that those posts aren't considered as a spam, also bumping shouldn't be considered as a spam.

now I'll wait someone with a higher position(talaturen or kornholijo) to reply here saying if I did something wrong or not because EVERYONE on otland even moderators are against the action that was taken for me(i know that its just a warning but I want an administrator to tell me if its illegal or not).

I was warned.

I wanted to see how much bullshit there is in this thread.

"Bumping between posts is k".

"when there's more bumps than original posts, 33% or w.e".

But thank you, for making it clear that Don is more abusive than fair, and that this whole thread is filled with pure sh*t

I was warned.

I wanted to see how much bullshit there is in this thread.

"Bumping between posts is k".

"when there's more bumps than original posts, 33% or w.e".

But thank you, for making it clear that Don is more abusive than fair, and that this whole thread is filled with pure sh*t

Bumping a post every twenty-four hours is OK. What you were doing was spamming since you were posting bump every 20 minutes.
Don't try to be a smartass.

First bump came from yesterday, duh.

And even your response proves me right.

First 24 hours, then not at all, then some weird 33% rule, now 48 hours

This rule of yours is pretty damn unclear, and best part is that the rule changes whenever you warn someone on a different ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back