• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Recommendations for building a 7.4 custom map server

fschuindt

Reaction score
GitHub
fschuindt
Hello there,

I'm willing to build myself a 7.4 custom map, and if I ever get to finish it I'm willing to maintain it online too. But the last time I tried making a custom 7.4 map, the auto border wasn't working for 7.4, only for 7.72/7.6. Also, I did not find a good 7.4 engine. So I'm here to ask for recommendations of a good 7.4 map editor and engine, if any.

I know most of the 7.4 servers are really 7.72 mocked to look like 7.4, and to be honest this is fine too if you have a good recommendation for map editor and engine.

From the dataset I think the most important are spells and monsters. Things like NPCs and quests I won't use since the map is custom. But that isn't a requirement since I can over time take the work to improve spells, monsters, etc. By improving, I mean making it to look more like the vanilla 7.4.

I'm about to go through the work of finding what's good and what's worth over the published solutions we have, but it would be nice to get some advices as starting point.

Any tips?

Thank you.

I don't think there's a reason to go with 7.4, correct me if I'm wrong but most resources will be for 7.7 and it's not that far away from 7.4 mechanics wise. Just put the old sprites in and fake it, 7.4 is so old it couldn't even do DX9 or OpenGL yet, and tbh old Cip clients run like absolute shit anyways

Back