• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Regarding Rook War

What do you want to happend with the Rook War server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Amoaz

Faloria owner
Reaction score
So, this is a poll and a discussion about how to improve AZ's Rook War server.
People are quitting, and the records were made aprox 1 hour after server start. After that everything just went downhill.

Now a huge rebalancing has been made with all vocations, and its now alot more fair PvP. However some people managed to get high before this, and now pretty much dominate the server.

Now I want your opinions, the players, the quitters, the ones who still enjoy it, what went wrong, how to proceed and how to get more people to stay and enjoy the server.

Please write a comment about how you voted and why you decided to vote like that.

People don't like the main active team because we kill them because of the fact that it's a war server.

Just make a higher war server like start lvl 80 tralal the highest will be like 130-150 or something xD

People don't like the main active team because we kill them because of the fact that it's a war server.

Are you an idiot? You are too ignorant to realize that higher levels overpower lower levels. 1 level 12 vs. 3 level 16+ = impossible to win unless you have some hardcore skills, in which you would probably have arthritis by completing the task.

Alot of players quitted due high exhaust on potions..
So the question is will they be back now with the new pots or?
Reset would give everyone a new chance, but alot will quit ( I think ).
Many players are also cheat leveling now.

I liked the exhaust with the potions before but, It's okay now too.. :p
The EQ Upgrader should be fixed and maybe some more quests to recieve more weapons / eq or runes.

If you kill a player more then 5 times in a row they should not give exp. (Lesser cheat lvling)

And the lower players have no chance against a level 16+. :S

How about you:

Cut SD cooldown by 300%. Aka, 33% cooldown as it is now. Meaning you could shoot 3 sds while you shoot 1 now. Also cut waves cooldown for 1 second so that people can made sd then 1 sec later wave. Because sorcerers are supposed to be nukers. Druids also got a wave. This won't be op since people can't spam 2 waves in a row due to the high amount of mana it requires.

Since mages then will do 3x more damage than they do now; You should also increase all healing spells by 50%. Note that paladins also uses SD's so they won't be weaker than they are now. They gain more from this healing buff than mages because they heal more therefore their 50 (%) is more. Also increase Knight's damage by 50% and their healing by 50% to keep them up with the mages and pallys.

People will now be able to solo other players so there won't be a need for mass teams which grows bigger and bigger and kills everyone else. And everything will be alot more intense due to the heavy damage everyone deals.

What? No reset? Cuz thats in the options.

- - - Updated - - -

Alot of players quitted due high exhaust on potions..
So the question is will they be back now with the new pots or?
Reset would give everyone a new chance, but alot will quit ( I think ).
Many players are also cheat leveling now.

I liked the exhaust with the potions before but, It's okay now too.. :p
The EQ Upgrader should be fixed and maybe some more quests to recieve more weapons / eq or runes.

If you kill a player more then 5 times in a row they should not give exp. (Lesser cheat lvling)

And the lower players have no chance against a level 16+. :S

Only difference with potions now and before is that they no longer have exhaust but they give the exact same amount of mana. I changed this because so many people cryd so hard about the exhaust on potions so I made it like this instead (obv they didnt understand its the exact same thing) but so far no complaints.

The server would stay as it does now with spells and potions, but if the players decide to make it possible to gain skill and magiclevel, then I would proberly have to rework the damage and potion healing again (since you will do even more damage).

Aswell as for something else other than damage.

I played a rookwar server many years ago. The best war serv I ever played. It was very similar to this one except for one thing:

Every time you died or relogged you lost all your levels. Why will this be good, and how? You increase the exp by 200 or 300% because people should have it fairly easy to reach lvl 15 where most of the fun spells are.

*People won't get bored because they achieved high enough level to use all runes and spells because they'll have to achieve it every day

*OP players won't exist (clatten for example) as, when people finally kill them they go back to their baby lvl 10 again. They don't just rush out of temple the next second and kill all of us for revenge - cuz they can't

*It'll be a much more intense environment as death means you'll have to reach a few lvls again before being OP.

*People won't benefit much of killing noob chars because eventually all that work will go to waste anyway.

Let me add: People wouldn't pz sit in temple all day because:

They are only back to lvl 10 when they die so they don't care if they die again meaning they go out and pvp like crazy. And the ones who are high enough to care for their levels, they are PZ due to all their killing anyway and can't be in temple.

Last edited:
dont like the idea of dieing getting lvl 10 again
but maybe lose 1 lvl each time u die!

dont like the idea of dieing getting lvl 10 again
but maybe lose 1 lvl each time u die!

That's not good enough :p Even if you killed the level 22 he would just go back to 21, and come back for revenge. Going back to level 10 would mean faster XP, which should mean more damage. Anyhow, if this were to happen, teams would rule.

That's not good enough :p Even if you killed the level 22 he would just go back to 21, and come back for revenge. Going back to level 10 would mean faster XP, which should mean more damage. Anyhow, if this were to happen, teams would rule.

If people went back to 10, or if they lost 1 level? I Guess you meant 1 level, but just to be sure :)

If people went back to 10, or if they lost 1 level? I Guess you meant 1 level, but just to be sure :)

If people went back to ten, teams would rule the server.

When I saw Rookwar I was hoping it was two sides versus eachother. Red vs Blue. If you die, you go back to level 10. If it were like this and you couldn't pick which team you could be on, this server could probably thrive with the good GMs.

Also, if it were like that, one team gets the temple and the other gets the north side of rookgaard.

If people went back to ten, teams would rule the server.

When I saw Rookwar I was hoping it was two sides versus eachother. Red vs Blue. If you die, you go back to level 10. If it were like this and you couldn't pick which team you could be on, this server could probably thrive with the good GMs.

Also, if it were like that, one team gets the temple and the other gets the north side of rookgaard.

Well I dont want to make it as a Team war server. There most be another solution. Also, if enough people played activly, one team wouldnt be able to rule the server.

But for now if just 4 or 5 people join they can easy rule the server, maybe the team idea is not too bad

I'd.give.the.server.another.try.with.normal.exhausts

And.honestly.Reign's.idea.to.make.team.VS.team.would.be.an.nice.idea.aswell

~Still.Awaitin'.new.Keyboard~ ;(

Well I dont want to make it as a Team war server. There most be another solution. Also, if enough people played activly, one team wouldnt be able to rule the server.

War = Team vs Team. This is a free for all server with boosting and OP high levels. If they were paired on different teams without choice, this wouldn't be a problem. That would meant that the people who quit just had an unlucky team or is just butthurt.

If I can think of something I'll post it, but a tiered system of PvP could work out. I think this should go back into beta for solutions with the server. It's not good as it is. There were plenty people on yesterday to kill a level 20, but with a vantage point (escape route) they have a guarantee to not die.

To fix the boosting = You can't get XP off of killing the same person three times for twenty minutes.

Back