• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Regarding Rook War

What do you want to happend with the Rook War server?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd.give.the.server.another.try.with.normal.exhausts

And.honestly.Reign's.idea.to.make.team.VS.team.would.be.an.nice.idea.aswell

~Still.Awaitin'.new.Keyboard~ ;(

Ouch. Feeling sorry for you, had the same problem :<

Problem with Team idea imo, is that you wont be able to play with your friends. Only reason I play WAR servers is either:

1. We are having a LAN, got abit bored, dont wanna level on any other server so we decide to go and dominate some on a war server.
2. Your already botting on another server, but its no fun botting, so you and your team/guild or friends from that server decide you want to go and do something while you wait for something to happen on the server your botting on, you go play a war server.
3. You dont have time or want to level/bot a character on a normal server and just want to get into the actions ASAP.

My point is, its alot more fun to play with your friends, then being randomly assigned into a team where you know noone, fighting against the rest of your friends.

I Also want to make the characters feel unique and personal for the player, making you want to come back to the same character, with same equipment and items as you had the day before. Not start all over with everything such, but to still be able to progress in EQ, skills and magiclevel, instead of only in level. Also im working on a Top Fraggers list for the website, so people have something to achive. Who wouldnt want to have the most kills on the server, and a top list with names that everyone can see on the web?

Thanks for all ideas so far!

- - - Updated - - -

Using spambots and DDoS competitors is just lame and childish, and gives you alot of enemies. I Think ill just stick with the haters I have for now, no need to get more. However if someone would do any such attempts against my server, I wouldnt think twice to revenge.

You.could.just.make.it.possible.to.choose.a.team.but.making.it.balanced.
Where.if.you'd.pick.the.red.team.while.the.blue.team.lacks.1/2.players.making.them.either.choose.blue.or.remain.in.an.waitinglist.till.someone.dies.or.w/e

If.spell.fails.fuck.it.cant.review.my.sentence.like.this.^.-

I have a capture the flag server, I have a special system for switching sides (so you can be with your friends).
It's kind of the same idea as trading seats on a flight trip before boarding.

If you wanted to switch sides, you can post an offer (any currency), then a notification will be sent to the other team members (if they are in PZ).
The notification contains information that a member wants to switch teams for a certain offer (names are anonymous).
If a member accepts the offer, he/she will get paid and the person who placed the offer and the person who accepted the offer will both switch sides.

Though, I agree with Records070, there should be balanced teams for a real all-out war action (at least consider and test it out).

I've said this before; Rook War servers will NEVER work unless people always deal the same damage regardless of level. Just make everyone hit the same damage regardless of level, and give them a decent damage. Also add teleports inside the temple to take you to a random location on the map (when I tried the server there was just people camping the temple)

I've said this before; Rook War servers will NEVER work unless people always deal the same damage regardless of level. Just make everyone hit the same damage regardless of level, and give them a decent damage. Also add teleports inside the temple to take you to a random location on the map (when I tried the server there was just people camping the temple)

Well I suppose you're wrong then because the Rookwar I played a few years ago people dealt different damages relative to their levels. And that war server was VERY popular for a long time. Until it went down for some reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also. A war server depends on new people because players who joins eventually get tired of a war server. That's the negative side of a war server. But again, the positive one is that there's more new players to war servers than rpg servers. So the secret to actually keeping a war server populated is to make it fun for new players to play.

And
never the less, even if players that been there much eventually quit there's always a few people who stay for very long times. Who (in this rate) would eventually reach lvl 30,40. Having those players never go back to level 10 once dead or relogged.. What do you expect will happen to the new players which the server depends on, which are level 10? They got owned. Really hard. And quit.

Having character reset their level each logout is fatal to a server like this. So unless you're going to add POH, venore dragon lair, orc fortress and demon helmet quest and other RPG elements, I really recommend you to listen to people who doesn't give their opinions based on what they want for the moment, but on the people who give lasting suggestion for the server.

That's all for me. // Sai

Last edited:
I quit because 3 16+ people kept trying to kill us lowbies and then called us pussies. 3 16+ vs a single level 10. Yea right.

Well I suppose you're wrong then because the Rookwar I played a few years ago people dealt different damages relative to their levels. And that war server was VERY popular for a long time. Until it went down for some reason.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also. A war server depends on new people because players who joins eventually get tired of a war server. That's the negative side of a war server. But again, the positive one is that there's more new players to war servers than rpg servers. So the secret to actually keeping a war server populated is to make it fun for new players to play.

And
never the less, even if players that been there much eventually quit there's always a few people who stay for very long times. Who (in this rate) would eventually reach lvl 30,40. Having those players never go back to level 10 once dead or relogged.. What do you expect will happen to the new players which the server depends on, which are level 10? They got owned. Really hard. And quit.

Having character reset their level each logout is fatal to a server like this. So unless you're going to add POH, venore dragon lair, orc fortress and demon helmet quest and other RPG elements, I really recommend you to listen to people who doesn't give their opinions based on what they want for the moment, but on the people who give lasting suggestion for the server.

That's all for me. // Sai

This.dude.means.bussiness...I.can.tell.^^

we'll play what we like thank you very much...

He's complaining about not having UE spells and stuff. On a ROOKGAARD server. So I told him not to play? There are plenty of other war servers that have what he wants.

Back