• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Reimagination of Rookgaard

knighting

Intermediate OT User
Reaction score
I've been working on a rework of Rookgaard, but instead of just reworking it, I'm trying to maintain the Rook feel with a fantasy touch - hence the big trees, flowers and plants all around. Let me know if I'm on the right path.

[1]
1.png

[2]
2.png

[3]
3.png

[4]
4.png

[5]
5.png
Post automatically merged:

[6]
6.png

[7]
7.png

Last edited:
Id keep mushrooms to dirt spots, use a mixed variety of the smaller grass tuffs rather using using the big fat ones. Clump together some of the trees/bushes and swamp nature as tall and short. rather than spaced a bit out. But besides that its a good edit.

@Laylee
Yeah, actually is intended, because I wanted to bypass a fantasy/crowded nature, but still has a lot of space to walk - so it does not affect the gameplay...
@Andréew
That map is kinda of old, so in the new places I've made and the ones that I will make I will try to simplify.
That bridge its my favorite part on that place.
@HalfAway
So here it is some of the swamp from the PA island and the north island:
[8]
8.png

[9]
9.png

[10]
10.png

I like it, totally changes the feel of rookgard. This renovation would really suit a server where you can become a rookgard slayer. The change is like a fresh breeze of air...I like it.

@FenX
That's quite the idea I'm trying to represent; the feeling that you could be more than just a rookie - like if there's the possibility to advance in that position.
@Leo32
Maybe I will post the map for download here.
@Nottinghster
Thank you!
@Boy67
I will remove them to see if it will look better.

And for the topic, just a simple area (from the PA's island):
[11]
11.png

Last edited:
Great work, can't wait to see dungeons :)
I also love this bridge idea in centre.
I would consider adding additional ground layer on swamps.
I also tried to renew rookgaard, much of climate made for me specific monsters with old/new abilities like frog turning you intohero or priestess, trolls shooting spears, bears with berserk or frost trolls with ice tornado, you may consider this changes as well! :)

Would you mind adding overlook from distance to the city?

Awesome work, love it. Waiting for more =)

I need this map, I loved it, you are literally doing what I wanted to do for years

@Berciq
In the moment I'm trying to re-do the basic shapes and areas from the map, as I'm progressing I'll be adding new areas or complements.
I will be adding an overlook for you later; by now I will provide you a pic from one underground area.
@Kuzyn
Thanks!
@SadBoy
Me too... that map has been in my pc for years, but I never really took that attempt to finish it. Maybe I will finish this year.

And, for the topic, more pics:

[12]
12.png

[13]
13.png

@Berciq
In the moment I'm trying to re-do the basic shapes and areas from the map, as I'm progressing I'll be adding new areas or complements.
I will be adding an overlook for you later; by now I will provide you a pic from one underground area.
@Kuzyn
Thanks!
@SadBoy
Me too... that map has been in my pc for years, but I never really took that attempt to finish it. Maybe I will finish this year.

And, for the topic, more pics:

[12]
View attachment 42537

[13]
View attachment 42538
please, finish <3

I regret not turning this old dungeon walls and ground into new rock/mountains or anything. I think I wasted too much time just to draw this old brown and stone walls. I couldn't put new ground layers without drawing again walls it was my pain... You are also refreshing this old pre orc camp version, how are You managing this walls?

Back