• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Reimagination of Rookgaard

Well the mapping is good, but what I always liked about the Rookgaard was the insane scarcity of everything there. They ruined that feeling with all of the recent Rookgaard updates. Everything felt extremely limited not only the items and monsters but also seeing something like a palm tree was something scarce and shocking too, that's the feeling of Rookgaard I will always remember.
You know it had that feeling of simplicity, felt like something more real and down to earth. Not everything needs to be (and shouldn't be) epic and mighty after all.
Just take a look on that screenshot from 2006 rookgaard collection tutorial:
1614303375408.png
All of these collectibles are basically just trash on mainland. It shows you the spirit of scarcity of old Rookgaard.

Last edited:
Would You mind sharing overwiev of whole island? not minimap, just zoomed out whole isle?

Well, this is the last thing to really complete the map; it is a new part located on the northwest of the island.

[31]
31.png

[32]
32.png

30 looks awesome, but roots on 31&2 are quite funny.
I also think it looks great, top of mountain could have more rocks, looks empty

Could you elaborate more why you think it looks quite funny? I'm trying to make that place better, but I don't know how yet...

Your skill is exceptional. Do you intend to open a server with this map? It would be incredible to have a server like this, containing the same difficulty as Real Tibia.

I dont understand why u using swamp Gras on top and normal Grass down, but otherwise I think its good map.

Your skill is exceptional. Do you intend to open a server with this map? It would be incredible to have a server like this, containing the same difficulty as Real Tibia.
Thanks for the compliment! Well, I do not plain to make a server in the moment, but who knows...

A small hint of a german guy here....
be careful while placing the direction of the roots.... could bring ya in trouble!

Over all a nice piece, a bit messy for my taste tho.
LOL! I think about it every single time that I'm using those roots.
Yeah... my maps usually are messy (I can't deny that I like that style though).

I dont understand why u using swamp Gras on top and normal Grass down, but otherwise I think its good map.
To be honest I didn't even thought about it. I just wanted to make a different style in that area and came up with that.

@Azakelis
Yeah, I know that scarcity is one of the caracteristics of Rook. I'm making a new Rook; there will be additions to the lore, will be more places, bosses and items. That is the idea: Rook will no be only a place for a begginer to learn and see only a few things.

And, to the topic:

[33] - New Teleskor's Place
teleskor.png

[34] - New Munster's Place
munster.png
OBS.: that piece it's from an old project; I can't quite remember who made it, but I did only a few changes.

[35] - Bringing back the Orc Spearman's Tower
spearmantower.png

Back