• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

NPC [Release]Spell NPCs

Well, that's already taken care of, Sentielo. Look in the xml file. At the keywords! ;) But if you want them vocation specific, I guess that would work.

@ Michael havoc:

Nps, glad I could help. :)

Thx Marcinek Paladinek!
If the one I made doesn't work, I will try yours ;)
thx!

Edit: I have also another question. In rl when you are a (like a) knight and you can learn spells of level 8, 9, 10 and 13 and you say like 15, the npc says: "I can only teach you spells for level 8, 9, 10 and 13". Is it able to add that?

Last edited:
Thx Marcinek Paladinek!
If the one I made doesn't work, I will try yours ;)
thx!

Edit: I have also another question. In rl when you are a (like a) knight and you can learn spells of level 8, 9, 10 and 13 and you say like 15, the npc says: "I can only teach you spells for level 8, 9, 10 and 13". Is it able to add that?

Almost everything is possible :)

btw - your script for sure wont work, since you have missed A LOT of 'end's. I hope ive added all of them ^^

Paladin spells​

if msgcontains(msg,'spells') then
if getPlayerVocation == 3 or getPlayerVocation == 7 then
selfSay('For which level would you like to learn spells 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 20, 21, 23, 24, 33, 35, 40, 45, 50, 59?')
else
selfSay('Sorry, I only sell spells to paladins.')
end
end

RESULTS IN :

data/npc/lib/npc.lua:9: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
Warning: [NpcScript::NpcScript] Can not load script. data/npc/scripts/paladin spells.lua

My solution for now was just to take it out. Maybe you can find a better one?

I've changed the paladin script now, it should work, try it out for me, if you will.

It still don't work :/
data/npc/lib/npc.lua:6: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)
Warning: [NpcScript::NpcScript] Can not load script. data/npc/scripts/paladin spells.lua

Hmm.. When i want to learn "great light" he asks med if i want to learn "light" for 100 gp, any way to fix this?

Cheers!

Sorcerer :)

Some other spells has the same issue,
great light, ultimate light -> Would you like to learn light for 100gp?
intense healing rune -> would you like to learn light healing for xxxgp?

etc :eek:

oh cool ^^
You should also add the holy spells for paladins :)

Good job btw!

Edit:
And if you dont mind, could you give me a small explanation of what you changed/did
to make him understand? :)

Last edited:
I just noticed that "great energy beam" = " would you like to learn energy beam?"

Could you please tell me how to make him understand since i know it will happen with more spells ;o

Back