• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Releasing sold maps and servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoSePh15_

Reaction score
Well, I've found someone that released emporia's map, I don't think that is fair to the seller (5mok3) and to the buyer(me), as the seller worked hard on the server and sold it and the buyer freaking paid 100 euros for it!! And then I find it on the forum? Please check the released maps and if it is being sold or people bought it from someone before dont approve the thread? Thats what the mods work i think?

P.S. I don't care about the one that Ninjahopparn released, it's not even working! And it doesn't have the MySQL file and loads of errors on startup so IDC!

Yours,
Pissed JoSePh15_

Because they are copying real tibia's map, client.. which is illegal since they are copyrighted. No work put into it also.. just download and run, automatically you got 25+ players and making money from it.

On ebay one product cannot be sold twice (you cannot sell the same pair of sunglasses to more than one people). Here an owner is able to sell his product as mutch as he wants.

Not true, there are stock sells that you need to remember about.

Because they are copying real tibia's map, client.. which is illegal since they are copyrighted. No work put into it also.. just download and run, automatically you got 25+ players and making money from it.

Then all of OT should be illegal since we run off of their client (if not made custom) and sprites/information.

Not true, there are stock sells that you need to remember about.

Then all of OT should be illegal since we run off of their client (if not made custom) and sprites/information.

why do u always disagree with me lmao

@topic,
Ceejzor I FUKING BOUGHT IT THAT'S WHY IM WHINING.. And I think you are the selfish one here, you wasted my 100 euro by releasing it...

@topic,
Ceejzor I FUKING BOUGHT IT THAT'S WHY IM WHINING.. And I think you are the selfish one here, you wasted my 100 euro by releasing it...

Don't blame me blame Smoke for still selling it after I released it so many months ago, I know for a fact you did not buy it before I released it.
& if I costed you 100 euros..

tumblr_ll5jn85O1N1qzocfz.gif

and may this always be a life lesson to you! search before you buy.

why do u always disagree with me lmao

Because alot of the things you say you don't even look at the cons of what it could mean/do. But there are times I see something you write and agree with you. OT: @JoSePh15_: Not to sound like an asshole but look into something next time you go to buy it instead of jumping on something you don't even know if it's worth the money or if you'll even get it.

My release & Joseph what are you whining about you selfish prick? I sent you this before I even uploaded it on Otlands.. are you serious right now? GTFO

I also payed 100 euros for it but why should that stop me from releasing it? If not for Otland where would many of us be today?

working hard making servers instead of downloading a server and running it. what do you think? your just a selfish idiot kid. its people like you who ruin the economy. people work hard to make there shit, and there is you thinking you can just give it to everybody for no reason. i dont see loads of custom maps on download, now there is loads of GOOD custom servers which people worked hard for; not just for the money.

Because alot of the things you say you don't even look at the cons of what it could mean/do. But there are times I see something you write and agree with you. OT: @JoSePh15_: Not to sound like an asshole but look into something next time you go to buy it instead of jumping on something you don't even know if it's worth the money or if you'll even get it.

Why wouldn't $100 not be worth a full real map server? Sure it has couple bugs, but it is better than starting from scratch. So your trying to say the person who he bought the server from is a scammer? Why would he be a scammer if he is selling a server, then some PUNK thinks his cool to buy it and release it? What kind of sense do you have?

@topic,

It is not like you didn't get what you bought, you weren't scammed at all. You should have made a deal with 5moked that you want to buyout or inform yourself about the conditions and how often it is sold.

On ebay one product cannot be sold twice (you cannot sell the same pair of sunglasses to more than one people). Here an owner is able to sell his product as mutch as he wants.
Fun fact: Sunglasses are not virtual. If you buy a text file on eBay and upload it you will still have the file, if you buy sunglasses and give them away you don't.

working hard making servers instead of downloading a server and running it. what do you think? your just a selfish idiot kid. its people like you who ruin the economy. people work hard to make there shit, and there is you thinking you can just give it to everybody for no reason. i dont see loads of custom maps on download, now there is loads of GOOD custom servers which people worked hard for; not just for the money.

Your signature suggest you at once played tibianic which if I'm not wrong is a real map server? but I see you complaining about it also in your signature.. hmm you just sound like a angry troll. STFU!

How about that... I bought elf war system can I release it? Mmmm
I'll buy the cast system from elf can I release it?

It's his hard work why release someones work... That's bitching.. ! ;)

@summ
IDC how much times it's sold, the max will be 10 copies?
Ceejzor released and 100+ ppl have it for free...

Your signature suggest you at once played tibianic which if I'm not wrong is a real map server? but I see you complaining about it also in your signature.. hmm you just sound like a angry troll. STFU!

Tibianic is an oldschool one. There are no old school real maps apart from the one I released which had a lot of bugs. I actually mean an 8.60 real map if you have any brain to notice that.

How about that... I bought elf war system can I release it? Mmmm
I'll buy the cast system from elf can I release it?

It's his hard work why release someones work... That's bitching.. ! ;)

@summ
IDC how much times it's sold, the max will be 10 copies?
Ceejzor released and 100+ ppl have it for free...

1.If you buyout the cast system you can.
2.Elf war system is already released.

This thread should be closed because most of the stuff said here is just point less.

Why wouldn't $100 not be worth a full real map server? Sure it has couple bugs, but it is better than starting from scratch. So your trying to say the person who he bought the server from is a scammer? Why would he be a scammer if he is selling a server, then some PUNK thinks his cool to buy it and release it? What kind of sense do you have?

What about those teams that get hired after a server is made and then they steal the server and sell it? What about them? I'm sure atleast 3/5 servers being sold are either stolen, renamed and barely edited or just complete compiles of shit. You buy everything online at your own risk unless you sign a contract and the other person also does to prove and if it wasn't what you where looking for then oh well, besides I've seen stuff like this online all the time that have happened, major companies sell stuff and some of my friends buy it and well whatdoyaknow? Two days later it goes on a sale. They can't do ANYTHING about it because they didn't look into it.

This thread should be closed because most of the stuff said here is just point less.

PLEASE!

Last edited:
Most time pride won't let a man stop fighting, but I also agree with Vend~ so I will not continue, But I do not agree with this thread and releasing what I bought or what anyone buys is there right.

I make a server, waste all my time.. decide that I want to sell it for some money, I get one buyer, everything goes fine; 2 days later, he goes on OTland and puts it there for free, I make no money out of real hard work.

This is how you IDIOTS are saying it is.

@up
Report the post to mods then. Hopefully they will understand the situation if it is justified and delete it.
Otland is not responsible for scams however mods can still help there.

that's how all Game/Music/Video Producers feel, leaking/pirating is just an inevitable part of the informatic world, just have fun releasing your stuff and if you want money, go take an actual job

I make a server, waste all my time.. decide that I want to sell it for some money, I get one buyer, everything goes fine; 2 days later, he goes on OTland and puts it there for free, I make no money out of real hard work.

This is how you IDIOTS are saying it is.

Yeah if he wanted to then he could and no-one could stop him, kinda like buying something at about $5 and turning around and selling it for $10, you can't be stopped unless legal proccess was pursued but in this case it can't be since it is a AS-IS buy no ands, ifs or buts. As for the Idiots umm no thanks I've already eaten. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back