• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Releasing sold maps and servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoSePh15_

Reaction score
Well, I've found someone that released emporia's map, I don't think that is fair to the seller (5mok3) and to the buyer(me), as the seller worked hard on the server and sold it and the buyer freaking paid 100 euros for it!! And then I find it on the forum? Please check the released maps and if it is being sold or people bought it from someone before dont approve the thread? Thats what the mods work i think?

P.S. I don't care about the one that Ninjahopparn released, it's not even working! And it doesn't have the MySQL file and loads of errors on startup so IDC!

Yours,
Pissed JoSePh15_

I make a server, waste all my time.. decide that I want to sell it for some money, I get one buyer, everything goes fine; 2 days later, he goes on OTland and puts it there for free, I make no money out of real hard work.

This is how you IDIOTS are saying it is.

I bought it and not once hosted it lol, just released it because I got busy with school.
But nice theory..

I'm gona add one last thing to this thread,
Even if someone buys & releases your datapack,map,script or whatever you can't do anything about them,you can't stop them from doing something and even if they release it the minute you find out it's released it's too late because someone has probably downloaded it at that stage.

Well let me give you a very important example why we shouldn't care

People like you hated SOPA for giving the rights for copy rights and probably you are one of them

What happend to you is just same as everything being copy righted.
Games like Skyrim and Battlefield or any game you can download it pirated losses literally millions of dollars because of what so called "Pirated version"

This is the internet nowdays :)

Okay then, any moderator is welcomed to see my report on Ceejzor's thread.. :)

I've read some of the replies and you guys still don't get it... Lemme put it like this for the ppl who still doesn't understand

A small story for all of the idiots:
You make a script and start selling it, one day, you find this script released by one of your buyers, but you didn't want to release it, you wanted to continue selling it, that's unfair for both, you(the seller) and all the other buyers that actually paid for your work then find out that a pointless dude, just released your hard work FOR FREE..

I wish some of you start understanding, idiots with pointless goals don't reply please just gtfo, I want someone responsible to reply! Thnx!! :)

@edit
If moderators thinks it is okay to release sold stuff without the approval of the owner of the scripts I'm gonna start releasing everything that I have!

Last edited:

I've read some of the replies and you guys still don't get it... Lemme put it like this

A small story for all of u idiots !!
You make a script and start selling it, one day, you find this script released by one of your buyers, but you didn't want to release it, you wanted to continue selling it, that's unfair for both, you(the seller) and all the other buyers that actually paid for your work then find out that a pointless dude, just released your hard work FOR FREE..

I wish some of you start understanding, idiots with pointless goals don't reply please just gtfo, I want someone responsible to reply! Thnx!! :)

1.It is indeed wrong to release stuff unless you buyout them but as some people mentioned,thats how artists that make music,movies etc feel.
2.Why did you report ceejzor's post?

I've read some of the replies and you guys still don't get it... Lemme put it like this

A small story for all of u idiots !!

You can go ahead and say we are irresponsible but no matter what you do you are screwed on your money unless Ceejzor is willing to give a refund (Most unlikely) But in the long run JoSePh15_ make this a learning experience so that you can make sure you don't make the same mistake in the future. That my friend is a responsible reply. (Responsible is not what you want to hear but something or someone who has a role in the activity (In this case the thread))

This is something that was already discussed in the Staff Board before(regarding http://otland.net/f464/reupload-5mok3s-insane-shit-pack-8-6-nyan-cat-146061/#post1405246 and 5mok3 wanting it down) and the accepted answer was:

He should report it to megaupload instead. We do not have any of the files on OTLand so there's no point deleting it.

#Edit:
I'd like to add that it may be illegal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrib...t_infringement) but he's selling the pack with parts of the open tibia project as well, which makes (as far as I'm concerned) it invalid for any other kind of license aside from GPL to be used *UNLESS* you're the current copyright holder (which is kinda obvious that he's not)... making it, perfectly legal.
I won't try to make it short as I don't know much about law, but I guess its something like: "if you include something that you didn't made yourself, then you have no claim to it"
the only thing you can do is either request the uploader to take it down or ask the hosting website to remove the download

I'm saying this as a personal statement, not a mod-statement, and shall not be taken into consideration professionally:

If you don't want something leaked don't sell it to someone you don't trust in the first place. Its not our responsibility. Even tho I have to admit I have previously been trying to get rid of distributions because they were leaked "this bad way".
Here on otland we like free contribution. Which is just what piracy is all about.

thepirateOTland.org :D

What I find hilarious is if I bought mastercores from Znote for example and then released it on the downloads section, it will get removed. Yet you guys are saying 'its nothing we can do'.. etc.

I'm asking the forum to put it down then?

@evull
Kickass post LoL!! xD

What I find hilarious is if I bought mastercores from Znote for example and then released it on the downloads section, it will get removed. Yet you guys are saying 'its nothing we can do'.. etc.
That's like saying we give more importance to moderating the Mastercore advertising thread then the other ones, which is false
Znote is just smart enough not to sell it to anyone he doesn't fully trust

I'm asking the forum to put it down then?

@evull
Kickass post LoL!! xD
I already posted above what we(staff) think of these situations

This is something that was already discussed in the Staff Board before(regarding http://otland.net/f464/reupload-5mok3s-insane-shit-pack-8-6-nyan-cat-146061/#post1405246 and 5mok3 wanting it down) and the accepted answer was:

I won't try to make it short as I don't know much about law, but I guess its something like: "if you include something that you didn't made yourself, then you have no claim to it"
the only thing you can do is either request the uploader to take it down or ask the hosting website to remove the download
Before closing this thread (it's getting out of hand):
There's not only OpenTibia files (which are bound by GPL) in his pack, there's also work from many users for whom he (I'm pretty sure) didn't ask for permission to sell their hard work. He tries to bind everything on his pack under his 'Legal Purchase agreements' (do not redistribute, etc), that includes softwares like Laatido, OpenTibia 'enhanced' sources and a variant of libraries which are bound by other licenses completely incompatible with his ""agreement""... so, you could say it is somewhat 'safe'. But then again, I'm no lawyer, so feel free to correct me (PM) if you believe I'm wrong.

Also, there's the issue already stated on this thread (not in 5moke's pack case): we can't know for certain which content is somehow 'copyrighted' and what is not. It's kinda hard. We try (at least I do), but it's harder than you'd expect.

Thread closed.
If there's any doubt left, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back