• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Remove map marker

tgmengatto

Reaction score
Hello,

Is it possible to remove a marker from the server side?

Can anyone help me with the protocol communication?
How can the server communicate the marker deletion to the client?

I believe the marker removal algorithm I can do by myself, so I need some tips to communication.

Thank you

It's not possible without modifications to server code but you can do it using opcodes.
I'm not sure the extent of your project but you probably need to have opcodes for inserting, updating and deleting the markers as well as a table on DB for them.

Thank you for your reply, @Marceklos .

Do you know any tutorial about any feature using opcodes for reference?

Thank you very much

np @tgmengatto
I don't think you can find any nicely digested tutorial about that but I gathered some stuff that could help:

(this is TFS implementation of Mehah's map shader, check his Otclient file protocolcodes.h "GameServerMapShader" and follow the thread)

and obviously check TFS protocolgame.cpp file and OTClient protocolgamesend/parse.cpp

study these stuff and you will certainly be closer to building your feature or at least come up with narrower questions.

Back