• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Suggestion Remove otservlist subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

kay

Legendary OT User
Solutions
Reaction score
YouTube
TibiantisOnline
As in the title, I'm suggesting to remove that subforum.
It doesn't seem like there is any interest anyway, only about 10 posts were sent this year.
Not even xinn seems to care at all, as he's not answering there (and lately not even visiting otland at all).

Besides, I don't see a reason why this particular service is promoted (especially when it appears in otland board which may mislead people to think otland and otservlist are one, despite the red warnings inside).

Maybe that's one of the reasons why we don't see any proper initiatives in that matter - because it looks like otservlist has developed a monopoly within otland. I'm referring here to discussions such as: Should OtLand Open New OtServerlist site? (https://otland.net/threads/should-otland-open-new-otserverlist-site.272217/)

So if anything, maybe create a subforum for ots lists in general, where admins could post threads about their sites in which the users would discuss them (similarly to "server gala")?

Of course there would be only several threads at best and probably not much traffic too, but I still find it better to create an environment for fair competition rather than greatly favor one particular service for unknown reasons. Otherwise just remove that subforum.

Edit by @Znote:

Mod reply:
I read about two suggestions here, the first one is to remove the OTServlist board, and the second one is for OTLand to create our own OTSList. I can understand how the two suggestions can correlate with each other (but it's not a given). The board can still exist, whether or not we decide to adjust our own advertisement method of servers.

As has already been mentioned in a post above, OTServlist redirects traffic to OTLand (vice versa), and while neither I know the details of when and why the cooperation agreement between the two was made, I can still see the benefits of still having it.

Just wanted to let you know that we've noticed the thread and the feedback from other users regarding these two topics.

Hope you guys are having a good day today, it's really nice weather here in Stockholm today! 🌞🌻

Admin reply:
We link to that server list (and maintain a forum for it), because their website links to us in the main menu (the specific sub-forum).

There may be may reasons to like or dislike this list but I don't think us having the forum is any form of advertising it. We used to host so-called "Hosted Project Boards" back in the days, and many projects were relying on it instead of building their own forums. Building own forums became much easier and most other boards were retired with the exception of this one, because the website still exists (while other projects mostly ceased to function) and hasn't chosen to build its own forum. Other projects that would have had forums a while back (such as AACs) now use GitHub issues or discussion and also don't need to have such a forum.

The Otservlist board was specifically placed at the bottom of all the forums but since someone assumed that it being in the "Otland" category implies association, it was moved to the "Community Chatboards" category, therefore going up on the list. We don't have (nor need) a dedicated Hosterd Project Boards category to put it in separately, which would also make it more visible and cost more space.

If there was any other server list or really any OT project of any kind willing to have a project board and it would make sense, I'm still open to do that. Unfortunately, we haven't seen any other server list that would actually live long and have any substantial traffic and ask for a project board, which is why this one remains the only one.

Again, there is no association, no sponsoring, nothing to gain for us from having the board. But most importantly, there is nothing to gain from removing it at this point, which is why I'm not removing it.

there is no secret or lucrative arrangement between us and otservlist.org. We have hosted the "project board" pretty much forever and continue to do so because the alternative is simply for xinn to set up his own forum. Instead, it seems easier to have one larger forum. There is no endorsement, however. I know this forums stands out because all other "hosted project boards" are now defunct and hidden, due to those projects simply not being active. It is still simply a hosted project board.

This open discussion can continue and no decision has been made yet, nor am I implying that there is one necessarily coming. Civilized posts here won't be deleted and everyone can have their own opinion.

Official reply from owner of otservlist:

Last edited by a moderator:
As in the title, I'm suggesting to remove that subforum. It doesn't seem like there is any interest anyway, only about 10 posts were sent this year. Not even xinn seems to care at all, as he's not answering there (and lately not even visitting otland at all). Besides, I don't see a reason why this particular service is promoted (esecially when it appears in otland board which may mislead people to think otland and otservlist are one, despite the red warnings inside). Maybe that's one of the reasons why we don't see any proper initiatives in that matter - because it looks like otservlist has developed a monopoly within otland. I'm referring here to discussions such as: Should OtLand Open New OtServerlist site? (https://otland.net/threads/should-otland-open-new-otserverlist-site.272217/)
So if anything, maybe create a subforum for ots lists in general, where admins could post threads about their sites in which the users would discuss them (similarly to "server gala")? Of coruse there would be only several threads at best and probably not much traffic too, but I still find it better to create an environment for fair competition rather than greatly favor one particular service for unknown reasons. Otherwise just remove that subforum.
+1. I found the bold especially important.

Server gala is nice we just need to improve on it. Maybe a like button for servers that adds + 1 rep? Idk Ive always clicked into threads and looked at the like count.

Your server for example stands out with many likes and much positive feedback on your advert thread: [UK][7.4] Tibiantis Online - 4th April 16:00 CEST (https://otland.net/threads/uk-7-4-tibiantis-online-4th-april-16-00-cest.269340/) Would be cool if that could be shown on your listing in some way. People shouldnt be able to abuse it though
1620485061174.png

Would also be nice if we had a few more columns to separate the version and country with a selectable filter. Online/Offline status. Im not sure how hard that would be on Xenforo

Last edited:
It doesn't surprise me at all. Probably the board back in the time was very active when Tibia & otservlist had its golden ages. I remember that people were used to report servers about spoofing and it did work and helped to make otservlist a great server list. However, as you said approx. 10 posts per year are nowadays which says everything regarding the question "should we remove otservlist subforum?". I believe it was just a question of time when it would happen. And I believe your timing is very perfect for this question, cheers :)

otservlist is shit, there is some server where play 40 players but you see 400.... One player have 40 mc .... like Rexia

it's no wonder it's highly upvoted
bad owners blame otservlist for their own failures

it should stay here. it's only list caring about banning cheaters, u really want otland to be the new list? where fully currupted and spoofed servers are allowed

it should stay here. it's only list caring about banning cheaters, u really want otland to be the new list? where fully currupted and spoofed servers are allowed
Do you see a single server with true online count there?
1620660685322.png
on top of that 1/4 of them change country flag few times a day or week

I don't want otland to run any list, I have no idea where you read that. The matter of this thread is not to discuss whether otservlist is reliable or not, neither is it to tell who's the bad hoster. But since you already started spitting out these argumenta ad personam, it would be appropriate to atleast have something to support them. In what way is my server corrupted, spoofed and have failed, which made me create this thread, do you say?

I'm proposing to remove that subforum, because:
1. I see no reason why it is even here. Why this paricular service is pushed on otland's users when otland itself does not maintain it nor does it have anything to do with it.
2. It may mislead people to think otservlist actually belongs to otland, especially because the subforum appears in otland board just below announcements and feedback.
3. Regardless of its quality pushing a monopoly in such way may stop other initiatives and seems unfair.
4. It's a dead subforum anyway, roughly one post per month and not even the otservlist's admin visits it. He was last seen in otland 3 weeks ago. His last post in his own subofurm was - now watch out - back in 2019...

I even proposed to maybe create a subforum where owners of various lists could have their threads, so xinn would still be here if he only wants to and people could still discuss his list or report dataspoof there.

How is any of the above related to one's alleged fail or corruption? And you haven't just implied that everyone of the 26 people who upvoted it (as for now) are hosters of spoofed servers, have you? I mean it's just as constructive and upright as saying only people who were paid might disagree. You get the point or were you paid @Ahilphino?

Last edited:
View attachment 58520
what u mean by real players? no i dont think any owners put fake players online on this list. but they all allow mcs and bots which makes their player numbers higher which u can also count as ""fake""
View attachment 58520

i don't think there are faked players by the owners on these servers. especially if its not nnew server that xinn didnt catch yet.
but they allow bots and mcs which makes numbers higher. maybe thats what u mean by its not true online count. but bots and mcs are part of most tibia servers.

for example lets look at ezodus, this server has been updated for the last 5 years, u have their forum getting many posts everyday, u google their server on allegro u get many results. are all of these fake actions?? no. they have tons of players. and its probably same for most other servers. we know obvious cheaters like eloth etc are banned

what u mean by real players? no i dont think any owners put fake players online on this list. but they all allow mcs and bots which makes their player numbers higher which u can also count as ""fake""

i don't think there are faked players by the owners on these servers. especially if its not nnew server that xinn didnt catch yet.
but they allow bots and mcs which makes numbers higher. maybe thats what u mean by its not true online count. but bots and mcs are part of most tibia servers.

for example lets look at ezodus, this server has been updated for the last 5 years, u have their forum getting many posts everyday, u google their server on allegro u get many results. are all of these fake actions?? no. they have tons of players. and its probably same for most other servers. we know obvious cheaters like eloth etc are banned

Would you mind referring to the actual suggestion rather than this nonesense?

most of these servers have trainers with no-logout zone (that was bannable in past if im not mistaken) + auto reconnect + bot in client/bot+scripts to download on website also they are made to encourage players to bot and use multiple characters at once

Sorry but for me when a server shows 2000 players online where half is fully afk on trainers sitting there almost forever and 1/4 of them being mc bot chars thats is not a real count because of that im not using otserver list to look for servers since pretty long time as its super hard to find server to play there which isnt a idle clicker for ur full afk bot

Have you considered stand up?... or mcdonalds?

I agree with making new Otservlist Website maybe Otland List and maybe cheaper and real online not abuser website such as otservlist.

Its my understanding the fourm was created back in the day to stop Xinn creating a rival fourm that his OTserverlist linked to when it was in its prime? It was also an attempt to consolodate the community instead of fragmenting it. I cant remember where i read that. Im not so sure that applys now anymore, hard to say. I dont see them removing it regardless of how many upvotes the post gets unfortunetly but I feel with the amount of attention this post has received it should atleast receive a response from staff. It sounds like it was a deal between mark and xin so it might be hard to change. While i agree its largly a useless fourm and probably should be removed it does drive traffic to this site wich is never a bad thing and i think any excuse to have traffic driven to this site considering the current tibia climate probably is for the better. Does the con of having it linked here for the reasons already explained in this thread outway the pro of it driving traffic to the site? I dont know the answer but its somthing that should be considered.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back