• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

REPORT ALL 0.2 BUGS HERE (latest 0.2 svn)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bug/leak. It shouldn't be that much on Core2Duo (much faster than p4 with the same clock). It was on 0.2.10 AFAIR.

Edit: And why sometimes it takes 2-5% and sometimes 40-60%?

Last edited:
I'd like if you made it easier to adjust the exhaust, one exhaust for healingspells/runes and one for attackingspells/runes.

@above comments, I use a 1.8core2duo dedicated linux server box. Same problem with 30-40 online, it's not the computer your using it's the opentibia server. Wait for the to fix it in avesta :p, then it will be fixed in the forgotten server.

~Kiwi Dan~

I've found another thing on this "cpu usage bug".

[not true]

The cpu usage increases A LOT (60~100%) only when "non-agressive" creatures try to flee from you but they can't.

With "normal creatures" the cpu usage increases only 0~2%.

[/not true]

#edit

It isn't only with non-agressive creatures, this occurs with all creatures when they reach the "runonhealth" (configured on each monster) but has no where to flee.

#edit2

Attached screenshot.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hmm, so if we know what's causing it maybe Tala will be able how to fix it :) If only 1 monster can cause "global-lag" it's not ordinary.

I thought out that (if it's not to compilated to change it) maybe treat "runonhealth" like a distance from creature? For that long until fix from avesta won't come up. AFAIK distance from creature doesn't cause lags.

I thought out that (if it's not to compilated to change it) maybe treat "runonhealth" like a distance from creature? For that long until fix from avesta won't come up. AFAIK distance from creature doesn't cause lags.

I was looking the code, when a creature reach the runongealth value it try to stay 10 sqms away from the player.

A temporary solution is set runonhealth="0" on all creatures.

Last edited:
See, this problem can be generalized, eg a warlock who is always distant from player when it is attacked and surrounded might not be the same problem occurs? For example would be that the code would be sending the monster becomes a 10 sqms of distance and at the time that he may not be the the 10 sqms why has something preventing, this will be the problem?

I read some two days ago that for example if there are chickens in a place surrounded and someone comes near them they cause lags yes, it was in Avesta can check on messages older this forum. The post:
Daemon post of reporting on this bug also in avesta.

Last edited:
@up

Why you will want a creature 10 sqms away from you? (distance > 6 is out of the screen)

The cpu usage always grow up with non-aggressive creatures because they have "runonhealth = maxhealth".

Hi people on my server don't get banned for unjustified kills.

Config:
-- Banishments
broadcastBanishments = "yes"
killsToBan = 7

16:21 You have 23 unjustified kills. The amount of unjustified kills will decrease after: 1 hour and 58 minutes.

(I have edited only 1 line in the sources and that is the unjustifed time thing to 7200000 milliseconds(2 hours) from whatever it was before)

I'd also like to add that the serversave doesn't work, I set it like this:
-- Server Save
serverSaveEnabled = "yes"
serverSaveHour = 3
shutdownAtServerSave = "yes"
cleanMapAtServerSave = "yes"

that made the server crash at 3 AM or something and it didn't save anything since I last restarted it myself and used saveplayers so the players lost like 4 hours. And then I treid like this:
-- Server Save
serverSaveHour = 2
shutdownAtServerSave = "no"

And got home today, the server had crashed at 2AM I think and people lost alot of hours of work again.

Do you need what the crash window says to investigate it? Cus I forgot to take a screenie ^^

Last edited:
I don't know really how to explain this bug but I'll give it a try.

If you look at this picture, this is what I always see when I get home and people have started msging me at msn "Why is the server offline?". And from what I've experienced the server at sometimes just starts rejection connections, but those who are online they can keep playing, but once they logout they can't get on again.

asd.jpg

Could this possibly have something to do with my computer/internet connection/firewalls?

Atleast I don't think it has anything to do with my connection etc.
PS. the addon.lua thing couldn't have anything to do with it, right? It's just that my addon npc is a bit wierd?

Thanks / Johan

Hi people on my server don't get banned for unjustified kills.

Config:
-- Banishments
broadcastBanishments = "yes"
killsToBan = 7

16:21 You have 23 unjustified kills. The amount of unjustified kills will decrease after: 1 hour and 58 minutes.

(I have edited only 1 line in the sources and that is the unjustifed time thing to 7200000 milliseconds(2 hours) from whatever it was before)

Don't edit anything in source... then working fine.

I'd also like to add that the serversave doesn't work, I set it like this:
-- Server Save
serverSaveHour = 3
shutdownAtServerSave = "yes"

that made the server crash at 3 AM or something and it didn't save anything since I last restarted it myself and used saveplayers so the players lost like 4 hours. And then I treid like this:
-- Server Save
serverSaveHour = 2
shutdownAtServerSave = "no"

And got home today, the server had crashed at 2AM I think and people lost alot of hours of work again.

Do you need what the crash window says to investigate it? Cus I forgot to take a screenie ^^

Yes serversave in TFS is bugged.
But I prefer to use OTadmin for serversave =)

I don't know really how to explain this bug but I'll give it a try.

If you look at this picture, this is what I always see when I get home and people have started msging me at msn "Why is the server offline?". And from what I've experienced the server at sometimes just starts rejection connections, but those who are online they can keep playing, but once they logout they can't get on again.

View attachment 396

Could this possibly have something to do with my computer/internet connection/firewalls?

Atleast I don't think it has anything to do with my connection etc.
PS. the addon.lua thing couldn't have anything to do with it, right? It's just that my addon npc is a bit wierd?

Thanks / Johan

I haved it too. But from some time its all ok. It was always afer long uptime (24h+).

Can anyone confirm if setting runonhealth = 0 temporaly fix the bug of Excessive CPU USE???

yes, runonhealth="0" and targetdistance="1"

Creatures like warlock will be a little bugged...

But that will not solve all the problem, there is something else that after a certain time the cpu usage will grow up to 100%.

Don't edit anything in source... then working fine.

Yes serversave in TFS is bugged.
But I prefer to use OTadmin for serversave =)

No because what I edited in the source is totally ok, it just changes the time to loose a frag from 24 hours to 2 hours and shouldn't have anything to do with if you get banned or not, do people get PK banned on ur server?.

Where can I find OTadmin?

So runonhealth and targetdistance are not really the cause of this issue?

Well, the targetdistance and runonhealth have never been a problem, the problem is on the monter search path function.

Setting targetdistance to 1 and runonhealth to 0 will solve the instantly cpu usage grow (when you trap a monster that is fleeing from you), but there is another unknown problem that is causing a high cpu usage after a certain uptime.

(...)
Where can I find OTadmin?

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=32523&package_id=202862

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back