• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Request & Contribute Project

Reaction score
Hey there OTLand, this is a thread directed at helping revitalize this open source community. The main goal is to document Open Tibia.

This is a place you are free to request any resource for your server or website.

As of this very moment only LUA and PHP scripts will get done as I am the only active member.

You are free to skip this introduction section however it would be great if you take the time to read it.

Introduction

Please Read Me
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey there OTLand, this is a thread directed at helping revitalize this open source community As a community Open Tibia has been on a rather continuous decline for three major reasons.

Most responsible for this was the introduction of easily accessible and configurable donation scripts for websites. The worst thing that can happen to an open source community is allowing (leechers) to make money off the software without contributing anything. Equally guilty of the crimes are people who contributed other things that specifically cater and directly refute the need to learn or contribute.

Secondly lack of creativity, expectation by trend of members, and real maps. The point of playing a server is to have fun, there's a lot of projects out there that didn't take 700 hours to create. They might not have a perfect map, or be perfectly balanced but they are custom and created for people to enjoy! Not to make money. However, people don't play them because nobody else is playing them. Right now Open Tibia consists of people downloading a real map data pack, putting it up, and trying to make money off it. The community supports this because when real maps came out it was a really cool thing and everyone wanted to play them, slowly it has developed it a nasty nasty habit that will kill the community if we don't step up. I truly do not believe that people don't like custom servers more than real maps, the thing is all of the new open tibia "generation" only knows real map. I'm also not saying real maps are not fun and people shouldn't like them.

Thirdly is the lack of new developers (I use this term loosely not referring to those who work on TFS source). I believe this is directly related to the appalling non-existent documentation for Open Tibia. The people who have the skills to contribute simply cannot be arsed to spend five times the amount of time trying to understand how things work as to how long it would take to actually finish their contribution.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
How it Works
READ ME

So how the hell does this work? Basically everyone knows a little something about Open Tibia. Whether it be how to manage config.lua or setup MYSQL to how to write action scripts or detailed understanding of a function. Yeah that means you!

If you need some resource of your server made you are free to make a request and it will get done. When and ONLY when you've contributed to this community through one of three ways. Each time you contribute is worth one request.

Rules For Requests:

1) No donation, VIP, or otherwise profit making scripts can be requested. We are not here to make money for you.

2) Extremely complex scripts or systems will not be created.

3) You must do one of the following before your request will be worked on:

>>>>Contribute to the wiki in someway!<<<<
It's a clean slate right now. So what if you can only explain the parts of a monster file. Do it!
The Forgotten Server Wiki

Log time on the currently selected custom server.
Ascalon
I'll be choosing a new one every week, I have no affiliation with any of these. If you chose this option take a few screenshots of you exploring, questing, or leveling up.

Fulfill a request!
Help contribute by completing someone else's script.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Completed Resources:

Pending Requests:

Open Requests:

Project Members:
Black Reaper: LUA & PHP
~*%We need people to actively fulfill requests, feel free to join up and help out.~*%

If you support this idea please direct people to this thread and wait for them to contribute something before doing it for them.

Last edited:
I may help with small mapping pieces :3 from time to time.
Btw Great initiative :D

Last edited:
I don't think to many will complete one of thoose steps to get their request, when they can post it on request board. :(

I don't think to many will complete one of thoose steps to get their request, when they can post it on request board. :(

You should consider reading it again to try and understand what the goal is. The idea is people like you who can write scripts for example, stop writing them just because you're bored. Instead, by directing people who are requesting things to this thread we can make a good solid attempt at making this community a better place.

it helps if you just stop fixing it for them... Link them to this thread and prevent help vampirism. plus it will create a unified place for scripts, that way if someone wants they can scan through and maybe pick some up.

Back