• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

[Request/Help] Equipment shower with item info

ok, about help:
you have ready xml parser
now create php array using it
create attributes array
and then just load data :D
if I'll found better way of HELPING without SPOILING I'll post some hints

@Chojrak, honestly I don't like vexoria script, but ofc it seems to work way faster than mine(less attributes=less data to check)

I dont want to spoil it guys
and my version is slow
I can only give you hints
if you know at least basics of php my prev post should be everything you need(and you can use also php online documentation)

I had LESS than it and it works, slow but works ;d

(Its the rule: "Dont give them fish, give them fishing rod so they will can catch fish without ur help" or like that)

:9 sorry :/ im not able if you would make a small example :p then yes.. i would do it XD im a rofl :eek:

really I have no idea what I can say
I dont know on what page it is but in this topic is already xml parser, it just need small fix to eliminate items that arent pickupable(write to file only items with weight)
hmm, if you want to use less than all attributes(like vexoria or wypas) you dont need strong serv or advanced functions
just make like
if isset someattribute then $variabletoshow .= attributename attributevalue

for each attribute you want to use

if you want a lot of attributes you should use foreach, but geting this version to work is harder

if you will ask question telling me that you know what you are doing then i'll help

well, actually I'd preffer if people will write on msn, so noobs wont get ANY more hints

@Chorjak
Is it possible to help me in private, how to do it? Because I'm totaly newbie of these scripts, I'll be really happy if u can do it :)

attachment.php
vs
attachment.php

(my is still looking bad cause I'm not web designer, and still need some work to make resistances looking better)
and
I don't know guys what's problem with it, i did this script in 5 minutes for vexoria.net ;f
so his isnt perfect too xd

and he wont help you if
Because I'm totaly newbie of these scripts

you need some knowlege even to just edit ready script to work as you want and look as you want
;f

Attachments

@zakius:
Well, i don't see big difference in our scripts (on page), vexoria got box with text, u have pop-up window but it's not a big deal, about 2 minutes to change ;p And ye, the script isn't perfect but displays that what we wanted so it's okay.

I know, if you made it in 5 or even 15 minutes it cannot be as fast as it is and showing full info with correct formatting etc
but if its what you want its ok
(I guess its just if description set show description, if attack set show attack, etc instead of looping huge array[I mean really huge, in pl thread you told that you have huge array I guess]?)

hihi i can help you in the web design XD but im to lame to follow that what ya toled me

I know, if you made it in 5 or even 15 minutes it cannot be as fast as it is and showing full info with correct formatting etc
but if its what you want its ok
(I guess its just if description set show description, if attack set show attack, etc instead of looping huge array[I mean really huge, in pl thread you told that you have huge array I guess]?)

I got huge array in one file (im including this file in characters.php) then im making variable $item = $items[$top['itemtype']] (or something like that, writing from memory ;p) then as u wrote $item['armor'] ? "<br />Armor: ".$item['armor'] : "";

:p

best idea is to make array containing id=>'thiswillbeshown'
and in characters.php include that file and in js use like
onmouseover="Tip(\''.$items[$pid].'\')" and it will show, not generate every time, the info
I'm working on that version now

EDIT: done, works like a charm and is really fast(one array search for item instead of looping each attribute)

Last edited:
best idea is to make array containing id=>'thiswillbeshown'
and in characters.php include that file and in js use like
onmouseover="Tip(\''.$items[$pid].'\')" and it will show, not generate every time, the info
I'm working on that version now

EDIT: done, works like a charm and is really fast(one array search for item instead of looping each attribute)

yea, it's the best idea, but it's not a big deal at vexoria's monster machine xD

probably not, but if on 1,8ghz athlon x64 script execution time dropped from ~5(and sometimes even 10) sec to time almost exact to other pages its nice :d

Load time: 0.3125 seconds with signature and eq pictures generation(well, theyre cached but still it needs some time to execute that scripts)

Last edited:
Is there available scrypt??..Far as I know you must edit the characters.php;)
Is anyone able to write this scrypt?;]

I have working version but still its not what I want
but well, releasing even so basic version as vexoria uses isnt good idea
maybe I'll ask someone worth trust to post it on donators board(if you want get it be usefull and support otland)

This is using javascript, haven't seen it on the forum yet, get a good webscripter to help you out.

I hate JS xD

JS is nice, what u want :( :$:peace:

It's nice as long u r using framework such as jQuery otherwise, the compatybility shit is fucked up :huh:<_<

@And the best idea is to load it into somewhere at the time when page is loading instead of accessing the data on the fly.

Btw. 2 days ago vexoria's web server was 'crashed', all ppl were able to download www data so it was ur chance to get vexoria's equipment display XD

Back