• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RosOT - working on a 8.60 based Server / may or may not open to public.

Would you play something low exp with rebirth/prestige systems which allows you to go further?

• yes?

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • no?

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • You would if stuff you suggest get implemented?

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

RosOT

Who am i?
Reaction score
I just wanted to make this thread to get opinions on what you guys want in an ot im just going to mess around making a server to see how i feel about putting it online. if it does not go online ill give it away for free.

Right now i added.
Prestige and legend System.
prestige shop system.
Trinket system.
Rare drops / donation shop points.
Quality based and upgrade able runes.
attempting a spell system like XDC dusty tome's "Build your own class".

Expecting to add.
Quility equipment drop giving stats.
Gem system to apply certain stats.
Solo and team based dungeons.
and much more! just gimme ideas :)

This is not going to be a super uber high exp server where you max out a character to 717k and prestige its going to be around the 500 ish level and low exp server rpg feeling quest's and walking to hunt with a few exceptions for low level hunting from level 1-20 which have teleports to a select few spawns. "Rats, skeletons, rotworms etc.

This being said with the rare box drop and it giving donation shop points this will not be for op gear maybe premium and other cosmetic items such as outfits and addons all obtainable ingame and premium just gives a % bonus to exp and stamina etc. and premium can be bought ingame aswell.

swbsec.png

Please comment and give truthful comments bad or good don't be scared i could careless if you say something wrong :p your opinions matter.

Thanks

Last edited:
This is not going to be a super uber high exp server where you max out a character to 717k and prestige its going to be around the 500 ish level and low exp server rpg feeling quest's and walking to hunt with a few exceptions for low level hunting from level 1-20 which have teleports to a select few spawns. "Rats, skeletons, rotworms etc.

This my friend, is gold. I'd love to try it out once its finished!

I love highexp project with a lot of additives and prestige system ! ;)
Good luck! I will follow your work ;D

Whoever invented highexp should drown in bleach, its legit the worst shit that can exist in a server.

Whoever invented highexp should drown in bleach, its legit the worst shit that can exist in a server.
Opinions my friend. We all have different likings, not everyone should love what you're interested in

Opinions my friend. We all have different likings, not everyone should love what you're interested in

I didnt even mention that i wasnt interested in that. As your first comment "an opinion"

I didnt even mention that i wasnt interested in that. As your first comment "an opinion"
You dont have to mention something to say it. They way you are talking about high exp is "supposed" to mean you are highly not interested in it. And what you wrote was not an opinion, its a death wish.

Reminds me of what you tried to do a very long time ago

Didn't know you were still around. :O
Like Blinkz mentioned, it reminds me of what you tried to make a long time ago.

@topic
My long opinion on prestige systems.
All of the prestige system I've seen on an OT were horrible. They were boring and repetitive. You hunt some monsters in order to get the required level, then you prestige and do it all over again. Sure there might be a few new monsters/spells/items/quests here and there but it's just one big cycle. You kill monsters and rebirth, kill some other monsters and rebirth. I need some more information how you plan on your prestige system to work. The fact that you intend for the server to have an RPG feeling and expect players to explore and search for things is a step in the right direction.

The problem is that when you prestige once, then what? You gotta go kill all those same old boring monsters all over again and again? Even if you add some monsters for higher prestige it won't be any fun. You'll just be hunting the same couple of monsters until you get enough prestige for the next set of monsters. But I guess some people enjoy that even though all they do is set up a bot and do nothing. It would be cool if getting a prestige was more an accomplishment rather than something you do over and over again.

Example of a more exciting prestige system.
There are some many ways to make an interesting prestige system. Here's a rough mock up of a prestige system I think would be pretty cool. This idea might not apply to your server, but it's meant to show you that there are many ways you can make a prestige system more fun and not repetitive.

When you make your character you spawn in the Dawn world. This is the first world of many that you would experience throughout the server. It's designed for beginners and will teach the fundamentals. In order to get your first prestige you would need to meet a set of requirements. Each world will have a certain amount of quests scattered around the world. The first requirement would be to complete at least 80% of the quests in that world. The reason for this is to encourage players to explore and find out what the map offers them. For the second requirement you will have to collect a series of items through out the world. Those items will be from quests, random monsters, bosses, etc.. Once you have all of the required items you will go to the alter of sacrifice and then the God of the Dawn world will grant you access to the prestige quest. The last requirement would be to achieve max level. Once you achieve max level you are able to pass through the door at the prestige quest and test your luck. The quest will be filled with traps, puzzles, special monsters and eventually a boss. If you manage to survival through all of it and kill the boss then the God of Dawn will prestige you and then teleport you to the next world. The worlds will get more challenging as you go. Each world would contain a new map, monsters, quests, equipment, spells, and new surprises.

XDC dusty tome system was pretty cool, but whats to stop people from botting 20 different characters just to farm dusty tomes? The same thing applies to rare drops/donations points. While I deeply enjoy rare drop systems I feel like it will be abused unless you can figure out a way around it.

Overall you have some cool sounding features. Curious to see where you will go with it. From the screenshots your test character has 115 prestige and 85 legend prestige. Doesn't look very appealing for me it this will be a high prestige server. :(

just go as far as you can in the xdc direction and you will find success. you wont be able to achieve anything alone tho. get a team.

Back