• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

RPG - Races and Classes

luigilc

Lua Learner
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm creating this thread to collect information and get some ideas to my server...
Well, the title pretty much says it all but I'll explain what I want you guys to discuss here:
For a cool rpg feeling you need diferent races?
To make more options and make the players more unique, you need wich classes and sub-classes?
I'm looking for information about diferent classes and races that fill the rpg feeling.
Elves?Orcs?Vampires?
Alchemists?Rogues?Engineers?
What are your thoughts on that?

Please notice, I do not care about how unrealistic and imaginable some might say, throw it at me give ideas, I use Tibia as a base but it doesn't have to be related to it.

No one does it better than D&D, you want ideas i'd recommened looking into lore around the forgotten realms.

Why there isn't an OT based round this yet, beats the crap out of me.

D&D is a whole new world... I don't think anyone can make a successful ot out of it, only parts of it... also, I have some D&D books here, I was looking for some crazy/inovative ideas, anyways, thank you :D

Lol, I was taking a dump and was thinking how sweet it would be if there was an 'Avatar' tibia server, as in Avatar, The last Airbender.

You could choose one of the four elements. Air, water, earth or fire. As you become more proficient with the element you choose the option to learn advanced forms of it would become available, perhaps through promotion or quests. For example, an Earthbender could be taught how to become a Metalbender. Waterbenders could be taught Bloodbending or Vine/Swamp bending. Fire?--> Lightning. And many many others. I'll write some more on this later when I have time.

Anyways:

There's a lot of different directions you could take this. For example you could do a Guild wars 2 style of spells where having a different weapon change what ability's you could use. Or maybe add new ones to your 'core' abilities. Or even one new spell. Or your element would passively boost certain things depending on your mastery over the element. Water could increase your health regeneration. Fire, your magic damage done. Earth, physical damage increase. Air, dodge/block chance etc. It dosn't have to be those specfic things exactly.

Just an idea I had, I'm sure others have thought of it too. Even though it will never get made It's fun to imagine that it will.

A Dungeons and Dragons server would kick ass also. As Amusement said, I have no idea why it has never been made. Yes it is an 'entire world' as you pointed out. That does not mean you have to put every realm in right away, or ever for that matter. Pick a single place and start from there. For example Western Heartlands or Icewind Dale.

If anybody is making a server and wants to bounce ideas off somebody for feedback feel free to message me.

Last edited:
@Skykes
That is some nice ideas, and about the Avatar the last airbender it sounds so cool!

About the Avatar server, here in brazil they are developing one already, if I'm not mistaken beta comming out soon :D
About the other ideas, tyhe guild wars 2 one sounds awesome, little hard for me to do it as i'm new to scripting but I shall try it, anyways I liked the ideas and would like many more so keep it up ppl, post your thoughts!

make a custom race that's called

dusieqq - gives 100% resistance to all damage, gives 200% amplified damage, 40/40 hp/mana regen each second :)

A more story/quest based server with elements of Russ's 'Racewar'.

Start off as a soul that has been torn from it's body loosing all it's memories. Rushes to a body that feel's right. This is where you choose your race. Add as many or as few as you like here. Each race can then branch into various vocations and the vocations can gain ranks. I.e A Human Mage would start as an apprentice and eventually become an Archmage.

A more story/quest based server with elements of Russ's 'Racewar'.

Start off as a soul that has been torn from it's body loosing all it's memories. Rushes to a body that feel's right. This is where you choose your race. Add as many or as few as you like here. Each race can then branch into various vocations and the vocations can gain ranks. I.e A Human Mage would start as an apprentice and eventually become an Archmage.

Nice man, really liked it thank you for posting!

Back