• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 0.X Runes making [possible] ?

Otlandserv

Reaction score
Hello!
I have an idea but I don't know if I can implement it.
The point is that the runes created by players are stronger than those from shops.

Would it be possible, for example, to add action.id or unique.id for the runes that are created by the player, and then add (IF action.id > 0 then X else X on magic formula) to the rune spells files?

Or you can clone an SD ID with the same sprite and recreate a different script, modifying the formulas to make it stronger, keeping the same SD name. However, the IDs are different. I've done this in my OT, it's easy and simple. In addition, it is possible to add the ID in the spell to allow players to create an SD, using the original ID that is usually sold by NPCs.

While you may be able set action/unique ids to stackable items, if you move the entire stack or a single item, the aid/uid will be lost

What Mateus suggested it's the easiest way to achieve what you want
Just use <attribute key="clientid" value="id_here"/> as attribute on items.xml

While you may be able set action/unique ids to stackable items, if you move the entire stack or a single item, the aid/uid will be lost

What Mateus suggested it's the easiest way to achieve what you want
Just use <attribute key="clientid" value="id_here"/> as attribute on items.xml
wow that's strange, I cloned some items and assigned new IDs, tested and so far they are working perfectly. I have the regular SD rune and another premium SD rune. Even Super SD and SD Premium are running smoothly. I never had any kind of inconvenience. It is necessary to edit the settings in the object file to ensure that they are stackable and work correctly. Check it out, my OT server is custom! :)

maybe create an item (new rune) using the same clientid and then adapt the edited rune script to it, or in the rune creation code add the line
Lua:
doItemSetAttribute(item, "crafted", 1)
then edit the rune scripts and add if
Lua:
getItemAttribute(item, "crafted") == 1
then add the "improved" part of the code here

If you clone the sprite through the "item editor" program and add a new ID and then put it in the items.xml file, players will be able to see the news runes. If you clone the sprite within the “Object Builder” program, players will not be able to see the new rune and you will need to send them the full client ( spr and dat) so they can download and see the new runes.. Hope I helped!🙂

If you clone the sprite through the "item editor" program and add a new ID and then put it in the items.xml file, players will be able to see the news runes. If you clone the sprite within the “Object Builder” program, players will not be able to see the new rune and you will need to send them the full client ( spr and dat) so they can download and see the new runes.. Hope I helped!🙂
Can you give me tutorial how to do this ?

There is already a tutorial available on YouTube on this subject. if you have difficulty, I can record a video showing you how to clone the sprite and assign a new ID. I'll do this using two different programs. For you, which one do you prefer etc

Yeah!
But if I want to create a new ID, I'll have to edit the client as well, so CIP players won't see the new runes?
Just FYI, you dont need any client edit.

You can re-use any stackable + usable with item and then change its sprite through items.xml
<attribute key="clientid" value="id_here"/>

Just FYI, you dont need any client edit.

You can re-use any stackable + usable with item and then change its sprite through items.xml
<attribute key="clientid" value="id_here"/>

Ok, thanks. All working good, but...
I try change rune emblem (Golden Emblem SD) to option stackable (on item editor i don't see usable with) and have some debugs.
Possible to change this item to rune?

Back