• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scarlet Horn - Discussion Thread

hesten is Tilfen the new boss or something? -.-' because he act like he's one ;<

Okay then guys, here's the new signature. :)

tumblr_lzo0ssAifC1qlrd7ko1_400.png

Credits to Sharp!

If this is a real rpg server and not pure garbage like 99.99% of the ots today. Well then PLEASE begin with something small, don't let your huge ambitions destroy your OT. If you want a REAL rpg server, make sure you have nice npcs that actaully talk, and put some books in the libraries. Adding new vocation and spells can be difficult cause of the balancing part. But my ideas: Heretic and Cleric. Heretic mainly fire magic caster but some death too, Cleric mainly holy magic caster but some ice too. Promotion: Possessed Heretic, Holy Cleric.

I don't think you'll see any custom vocations, we want to keep it pure "tibia" and focus more on the rpg aspects.

At the moment there is over 150 custom npc's, who all have a purpose.
There is many books too. In one of the city's you need to finish a quest to gain access to the library, which the books there will lead you to many more quests.

And were still making more!

Edit:
@down
Look back a page for just one example :)

Last edited:
I don't think you'll see any custom vocations, we want to keep it pure "tibia" and focus more on the rpg aspects.

At the moment there is over 150 custom npc's, who all have a purpose.
There is many books too. In one of the city's you need to finish a quest to gain access to the library, which the books there will lead you to many more quests.

And were still making more!

Nice, but remember quality over quanity :]

Edit:
Haha nice! What I thought was extinct from the OT world. Don't hesitate to release a beta anytime soon!

Last edited:
About the vocations we have been considering it alot, I personally would love to have custom vocations since there is alot of great ideas for it that I have, and also alot of other guys have such as this with Heretic I loved that. But yeah its gonna e aloooot of work customizing it all and then trying to balance it, thats the difficulty so we'll see how we'll do if we are gonna stick with the normal ones or not. ;o

and aryak about the npcs and books I can asure you thats one of my main focuses :] I want to make it as RPGish as possible, every NPC have a well written dialouge and all are unique. There are books and diffrent clues you will be able to find all over the world for hidden quests and such things :]

Sounds great. I have to bother asking though when you will host the server or a beta?!

We are going to do a closed beta within a few weeks, for when its up for public I cant tell right now >.<

Getting exp by achieving skill levels is a suggestion. Partly because hunting for exp gets boring sometimes. Other ways of getting exp (from quests?) would be cool too.

EDIT: Something I've always hated was when Cip changed so that you needed a certain lvl to use spells and runes. I HATE IT. It was awesome times when you had a lvl 12 druid with magic lvl 30 and you chilled and created UHs. At that time it was sort of another play-style, nowadays all that matters is lvl. Maybe if you played during that time you understand why it was awesome.

Last edited:
Im not sure about getting exp from skilling, but you are getting exp from doing quests you get from npcs :]

Getting exp by achieving skill levels is a suggestion. Partly because hunting for exp gets boring sometimes. Other ways of getting exp (from quests?) would be cool too.

EDIT: Something I've always hated was when Cip changed so that you needed a certain lvl to use spells and runes. I HATE IT. It was awesome times when you had a lvl 12 druid with magic lvl 30 and you chilled and created UHs. At that time it was sort of another play-style, nowadays all that matters is lvl. Maybe if you played during that time you understand why it was awesome.

Atleast they should keep the soul-point system else people would bot UHS, I know I would.

@ Aryak, oh god yes I remember thoose times.. haha, personally I loved thoose times aswell, but if the majority agree with me or not I dont know..

@ Mace, yeah what would be the problem really? I also remembered looooooved going around killing the damn rune bakers, free runes, dead noobs, win win! xD

(Not saying we are going to do this, just stating my personal experience and likeing :]]] )

HesteN just posted his "village" @ the showoff thread.

I had an idea like:
What if we add some monsters around/inside the village (like an event or raid) and make the player fight for the village in order to protect it. You'll gain points/reputation/? for every creature you kill.

With those points/reputation the buying prices could lower (if you buy something from the villagers) or you could unlock certain special items to purchase (potions?medicine?decoration stuff?) depending on your status.

Well, what do you think about that?
Lame? Good? EPIC?

Well,... I dunno if HesteN is amused that I'll spoil something that MAY BE implemented, but I'm so freaking bored right now that I just went ahead and scripted something.

MINING (not fully completed, just the "raw")
27xqd6r.gif

AND
Woodchucking xD
[video=youtube;3D1oTRAHPp4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1oTRAHPp4[/video]

EDIT: Forgot to say that those systems would serve some purposes ofcourse!
Everything we do has a secret behind it! ;)
Well, I dunno if you guys would like such systems... tell me your oppinion!

Last edited:
Very cool. But instead of "DESTROYED" why not for example "chop"?

Back
Top Bottom