• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Scarlet Horn - Discussion Thread

TILFen

Reaction score
We present you the Scarlet Horn project!
A new era is coming...

BakrundOtland2.png

So, Hesten and I decided to make a discussion thread here in order to gather all kind of ideas, but also in order to communicate with our followers and post important news. Moreover, do not forget to check our official Scarlet Horn Mapping Thread every now and then for weekly updates and teasers!

We are also currently taking feedback on what YOU wish to experience at Scarlet Horn during your stay in terms of gameplay, in-game content, PvP/RPG-features.
Per say, anything that could be considered as an implementation to Scarlet Horn's in-game content.

Here's a few suggestions of what you might want to comment or adjust:

• [*=left]Raids
    [*=left]Events
    [*=left]Quests
    [*=left]War/PvP features
    [*=left]Landscapes/maps
    [*=left]Vocation balance
    [*=left]Website
    [*=left]Customized content (items, creatures, houses e.g)

Alleviate your minds!

Yours sincerest,
Scarlet Horn Crew

Last edited:
Yay first post ;D

Keep the map playable but looking good, make all vocations balanced of course, make the website clean and simple with lots of info, custom sprites would be great!

Keep the map playable but looking good, make all vocations balanced of course, make the website clean and simple with lots of info, custom sprites would be great!

All that is what we are going for, except custom sprites - We are not going to have that, we'll have tons of custom monsters tho, but not custom sprites sorry :)

I'm excited to see this progress! :)
(Hoping for something 9.x) ;)

Red

U wont get that if u mean the version xD we are using version 8.62 mate :p but progress is coming up great!

HesteN, get something over 8.6

So the botters won't be everywhere.

Keep it up!

Hesten and I discussed this yesterday, and we're still considering using the latest TFS available. Mounts, the new outfits and the new sprites gives a perfect RPG feeling, especially the mounts.

@Bintzer
Looks awesome! :)

Deleted it by accident oops lol
Here it is again:
Here's an animation of a quest npc I just made. (don't worry about the mapping, this is just me testing on my local machine, its tfs map lol)
miner_lars.gif

He mutates once you complete a quest for him. :p
Just an example of the tons of quest npc's on this server! And yes, we're still making more!
thanks tilf :)

Last edited:
Find the hidden cat in city castle game event!!!

In a castle and around the castle you hide items in boxes, under trees or in caves.
The items can be various or only one, like a ruby or so. So the person who finds more
rubies wins the event and example, gets access to the castle armory or anything.

In a castle and around the castle you hide items in boxes, under trees or in caves.
The items can be various or only one, like a ruby or so. So the person who finds more
rubies wins the event and example, gets access to the castle armory or anything.

Sounds cool. :D

Quests- For me this is the main focus so the excitement for the map does not die. Tons of quests, easy quests, hard quests, Hidden quests, mysterious quests.

War/PvP features- only an example: If you kill an enemy WHEN IT COMES TO GUILDWAR(not pvp, only encourages to pk), the people who helped to kill him shares 1-10% exp of what the enemy player loses when he dies.

(EDIT)Landscapes/Map- You can post a minimap of the town and the hunting spots nearby on the webpage so people that are new and signs up can easily find the spawns.

*Its easy to say "balanced vocation" since that is kind of obvious. I think the balancing of vocation can/will take time while the server is online.
*Please, NO custom items!
*I dont know what exp rate you guys are going for but i assume its going to be very, very low. I like low experience, I like when its tough. But if you're going for 2x atleast make it a little higher at the first 30 levels or so.. I doubt many players will stay if its 1x or 2x and maybe you dont care but this is only what I think.
Good luck

Last edited:
Make the map worth to explore, instead of finding a decent cave and farm all day till high level.

Make quests that make you wanna explore the map and rewards players accordingly, mostly many small quests everywhere to reward avid explorers.

Dont be cliche and dont give up!

Make the map worth to explore, instead of finding a decent cave and farm all day till high level.

Make quests that make you wanna explore the map and rewards players accordingly, mostly many small quests everywhere to reward avid explorers.

Dont be cliche and dont give up!

That's what we're aiming for! Lots of dungeons to explore!

8.60 best and you will get much more players. but everyone will bot :p

btw if you make your own client and they can just logg in with your own client then they cant use elfbot right? i remember that Eloth made hes own client on 8.54 and no1 used bot on that server.

Hesten and I discussed this yesterday, and we're still considering using the latest TFS available. Mounts, the new outfits and the new sprites gives a perfect RPG feeling, especially the mounts.

@Bintzer
Looks awesome! :)

Mate, I said I could consider the new sprites and outfits Yes, but I strictly said NO to mounts, I hate mounts and all the crap they ripped from wow such as buffs and that shit.

I'm gonna respond to everyone else when I'm back home I'm writing on my phone right now and I can't multi-qoute x)

Back