• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Script and tutorial to automate install of "Leaked" 7.70 server

Now the examples given there start to make sense, but I still don't know how I'm supposed to know the pid.
Edit: I looked up finding pids, and found some commands for it, but I seem to need a name of the process to get the pid. What would the OT process be called?
Pid (process id) is a number that identifies a running process within the system.
The process will be called the same as your binary file, but if you search by name you will also find child processes and you still need to differ them. Therefore, I recommend you read the game.pid file inside save folder. This file is created upon the server's start and deleted when it closes. It is to prevent starting more than one game instance at once. It is a text file and it only contains pid of the currently running game. Just read it and use kill -3 pid, or whatever. This way you won't mistake it for another process.
By the way, this is NOT an OT, it's the real Tibia.

@sret funny i had this same error earlier today. i thought i crashed the server. i planned going back to previous snapshot. that should fix it.

btw ctrl+d doesn't work :p

and remember we wrote about giving players such rights like entering houses? but yea, easy option is probably writing ur char names on subowners list of houses u like, with gm char if needed

Pid (process id) is a number that identifies a running process within the system.
The process will be called the same as your binary file, but if you search by name you will also find child processes and you still need to differ them. Therefore, I recommend you read the game.pid file inside save folder. This file is created upon the server's start and deleted when it closes. It is to prevent starting more than one game instance at once. It is a text file and it only contains pid of the currently running game. Just read it and use kill -3 pid, or whatever. This way you won't mistake it for another process.
By the way, this is NOT an OT, it's the real Tibia.

What am I doing wrong? (see attached picture)
I got the number right, right? I tried the command like you put it, I tried it with "sudo" in front like most commands need, and I tried it with "$" in front like in the signals guide you sent. None of it seems to do anything.

If it's not an OT, does that mean that it's not the pirating of Tibia that makes it classify as an OT, but rather the changes made to it on all other servers people host? Is there a relevance to this with my issues, or was it more of a fun fact, to know the exact terminology in case it ever matters?
Post automatically merged:

@sret funny i had this same error earlier today. i thought i crashed the server. i planned going back to previous snapshot. that should fix it.

btw ctrl+d doesn't work :p

and remember we wrote about giving players such rights like entering houses? but yea, easy option is probably writing ur char names on subowners list of houses u like, with gm char if needed

I can't go back to snapshots anymore without losing progress on my characters, unless I make one at the end of each day, which I haven't been doing, but maybe I should. Is it possible to delete old snapshots so I won't end up with a million of them?

It's a shame that ctrl+d for some reason doesn't work, but hopefully kay's method will once I figure out how to type it correctly.

From what I remember about entering houses, SilverFern mentioned a method where I type in the house info, which I now realize might answer my earlier question about "adding" the house myself. I will have to find the post and see where I should add it, then try that (if I do need a house that isn't in the file). I still need to find my character ID then though.
Like I said, I have put my chars under subowners, but it won't let me open doors. So that's where I also need my char IDs, so I can put myself as owner instead.
For now I can use houses that are in the docs and have all doors open, and if I can't get the rest working I can probably live with that. I can just pretend it's a full server with only some houses available :p
What is crucial, however, is to be able to save the map/houses so I can actually use them, because I can't play without one (takes away a lot of the fun, and more importantly I need them to store my runes).

Attachments

Last edited:
but u typed the command in the terminal where u started login server? :s the error was from game server

but u typed the command in the terminal where u started login server? :s the error was from game server

Since all 3 terminals need the ctrl+c shutdown, in the correct order, I tried the new command in the login server first, as it's the first one that needs to be shut down. When that didn't work, I tried the game server terminal instead, and it didn't work either. So I've tried both, I just only printed the login server attempt. The result in the game server terminal was the same.

Since all 3 terminals need the ctrl+c shutdown, in the correct order, I tried the new command in the login server first, as it's the first one that needs to be shut down. When that didn't work, I tried the game server terminal instead, and it didn't work either. So I've tried both, I just only printed the login server attempt. The result in the game server terminal was the same.
No, they don't. Login server and query manager run separately from game server, you don't need to close them when you only want to restart the game. Game server is dependant on query manager (it won't start if QM is not up), but not the way around, and neither of them is dependant on login server. In case you want to close everything for good, then you only need to remember to close game server before query manager; login server doesn't matter.

As for the command, the '$' sign only indicates that it is meant to be a terminal-command environment, you don't type it. What you're doing wrong is that you're typing your command in a terminal to which you have a process attached (on the screenshot it is login server). You need to either detach it first or simply open another terminal and type it there.

As for the OT: it is merely a terminology matter. OT stands for "Open Tibia" which refers to the open source clones of Tibia. The one you are running is neither open source or a clone, it is the real Tibia game server - the very same that Cipsoft was running back in 2006.

Last edited:
No, they don't. Login server and query manager run separately from game server, you don't need to close them when you only want to restart the game. Game server is dependant on query manager (it won't start if QM is not up), but not the way around, and neither of them is dependant on login server. In case you want to close everything for good, then you only need to remember to close game server before query manager; login server doesn't matter.

As for the command, the '$' sign only indicates that it is meant to be a terminal-command environment, you don't type it. What you're doing wrong is that you're typing your command in a terminal to which you have a process attached (on the screenshot it is login server). You need to either detach it first or simply open another terminal and type it there.

As for the OT: it is merely a terminology matter. OT stands for "Open Tibia" which refers to the open source clones of Tibia. The one you are running is neither open source or a clone, it is the real Tibia game server - the very same that Cipsoft was running back in 2006.

Fantastic, it worked like a charm, thank you very much!

All that info is helpful too. When I got the OT server, I saw people talking about how to close it properly, and it was mentioned to close them in the correct order to make things save. Knowing how it actually works helps a lot.

From the OT thing I gather - with my extremely limited knowledge of programming and all that - that people are largely building things from scratch when they make OTs, changing up a lot of things rather than using all the CIP defaults and just making changes to rates/monsters/areas etc. It's very impressive. Thanks again.
If you also happen to know how I can have a friend join when my VM only has an internal IP (192.168.~) I would much appreciate assistance there, but it's okay if you can't. I had him point his Tibia to my host IP, much like I pointed mine toward the VM's IP, and I forwarded the two ports, but when he tries to connect to the char list he just gets this error: "Cannot connect to a login server. Error: Connection timeout"

I can't go back to snapshots anymore without losing progress on my characters, unless I make one at the end of each day, which I haven't been doing, but maybe I should. Is it possible to delete old snapshots so I won't end up with a million of them?

From what I remember about entering houses, SilverFern mentioned a method where I type in the house info, which I now realize might answer my earlier question about "adding" the house myself. I will have to find the post and see where I should add it, then try that (if I do need a house that isn't in the file). I still need to find my character ID then though.
Like I said, I have put my chars under subowners, but it won't let me open doors. So that's where I also need my char IDs, so I can put myself as owner instead.
For now I can use houses that are in the docs and have all doors open, and if I can't get the rest working I can probably live with that. I can just pretend it's a full server with only some houses available :p
What is crucial, however, is to be able to save the map/houses so I can actually use them, because I can't play without one (takes away a lot of the fun, and more importantly I need them to store my runes).
u find ur char id by opening user folder and sort files by last modified. u don't have to make snapshots to save ur char progress. but copy the user file to windows as a backup, before u do decide to go back to an earlier snapshot, if it's needed. u got houses saved now?

u find ur char id by opening user folder and sort files by last modified. u don't have to make snapshots to save ur char progress. but copy the user file to windows as a backup, before u do decide to go back to an earlier snapshot, if it's needed. u got houses saved now?

That sounds awesome. I was thinking of trying something like that. However, how do I sort by last modified? Right clicking in the folder doesn't provide options like that like it does in Windows. And speaking of Windows, I can't save user files there, as I can't move stuff between the VM and the host, they're basically two different computers.
Houses are saved just fine now, the map save method is working excellently :)

which was? how do u close server now? instead of ctrl c

Go into the folder called "save" in the server files. It will have only one file, and it's only there while the server is launched. If you open it, there will be a four digit number inside. Let's say your number is 4573. When you close your server, you use ctrl + c for the query manager and login server, but for the game server you put "sudo kill -3 4573"
The number will be different every session, so remember to always check the save file.
You can probably use the other signal numbers too, like 15 and 30. The only thing you need to remember is to close the game server before the query manager.

it just stays stuck when i try that
or was this something else?

1698967887251.png
ah nvm this map save isnt important to me ill stick with good old ctrl c goes fine :p
1698971042143.png
god mode on

Last edited:
it just stays stuck when i try that
or was this something else?

View attachment 79715
ah nvm this map save isnt important to me ill stick with good old ctrl c goes fine :p

god mode on

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you need to do the kill process in a new terminal tab. It can't be inside the same one as the game server or either of the others. Also, in your picture you have the error where you need to restart everything because the server didn't shut down properly and is still occupying port 7172.
Just do it in a 4th terminal tab and it will work great and it's worth it :)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that you need to do the kill process in a new terminal tab. It can't be inside the same one as the game server or either of the others. Also, in your picture you have the error where you need to restart everything because the server didn't shut down properly and is still occupying port 7172.
Just do it in a 4th terminal tab and it will work great and it's worth it :)
oh brilliant, i see its saving all the map sector files, ty

You need to assign the rights to your character upon login in order to use these commands.

Exp you can simply change in each monster's file. Other than that, changing any actual rates requires editing the game binary.
Where can I find this monster's file? I looked in files and the database and nothing.

Where can I find this monster's file? I looked in files and the database and nothing.
the game files are outside of your user folder.
browse to other locations, this computer and open: /home/game/mon/
there's a .mon file for every monster

I'm still looking for help with making it possible for my friend to join my server, if anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it so much.

It'd also be nice if someone knew why the server cleans the floor so much, and if I can stop it. I logged off in the middle of town with a bag on the ground, and when I came back online shortly after the bag was gone. I can never leave anything anywhere because it just gets sucked into the void the moment I look away (I think it does it as soon as no chars are online). When I'm in a cave with daily respawns they will be back when I've looped around back to their room. That's how I know for sure that something is messed up with the floor resets.

Last edited:
It'd also be nice if someone knew why the server cleans the floor so much, and if I can stop it. I logged off in the middle of town with a bag on the ground, and when I came back online shortly after the bag was gone. I can never leave anything anywhere because it just gets sucked into the void the moment I look away (I think it does it as soon as no chars are online). When I'm in a cave with daily respawns they will be back when I've looped around back to their room. That's how I know for sure that something is messed up with the floor resets.

it's written in the map files. take a look at map viewer, to see what parts refresh. most places between cities and spawns don't reset at all. daily spawns refresh up to 5 times a day, more info in dat folder.
Tibiantis Info - 7.7 Map (https://tibiantis.info/library/map)
https://otland.net/attachments/realots-map-editor-rar.37783/

did u check with the lost and found for ur stuff?
image.png

it's written in the map files. take a look at map viewer, to see what parts refresh. most places between cities and spawns don't reset at all. daily spawns refresh up to 5 times a day, more info in dat folder.
Tibiantis Info - 7.7 Map (https://tibiantis.info/library/map)
https://otland.net/attachments/realots-map-editor-rar.37783/

did u check with the lost and found for ur stuff?
image.png

Hm, I don't wanna risk messing with the files now that the OT is actually working well. Would the map viewer help me actually change something? I'm confused about the constant refreshment of daily spawns, but maybe that's something the poster of the files added along with endless prem and deactivation of soul points? I think I can figure out where it resets and where it doesn't, based on where I see items sticking around, and then just be careful with the areas where it resets. It's not the biggest problem I guess. I'd be a lot happier if I could do something about spears and other ammunition breaking so fast, because training my dist to a decent level is almost impossible (the challenge is fun, but it's a bit extreme and I love high skills).

Where is that parcel room? I don't recall ever seeing that, and I've been exploring the map ever since Thais was the only city in the game xD

Back