• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Searching For LUA Courses

Black Dove

Web-Developer
Reaction score
Iam Looking Forward To Be a Good Scripter To Make My Own Scriprs
Would Anyone Help Me With Usefull Links ?
I Checked Tutorials Of @Evil Hero And Know Some Basics
Dunno What Should I Do To Upgrade My Skills
I Think My Scripting Knowledge Is 0%

Hope The Awesome Otlanders Scripts Tell Me How Did They Start Their Career To Follow Them
ThanQ :)

First you should download Notepad++ and then you have to copy and organize your server/doc/functions.lua to your new Notepad++'s auto-complete folder. This will let you save over 80% of time for scripting. From links what Limos wrote in his post, only the first one is a must to learn. Rest are almost useless in basic scripting of Open Tibia and you will rarely use them. To do advenced scripts you have to learn perfectly tables and loops first. Without that your scripts will have over 25kb size and you will waste over 5 hours to write them. Instead of 20 minutes and 2kb size.

As I wrote: Notepad++ with auto-complete, then tables+loops is a must!

First you should download Notepad++ and then you have to copy and organize your server/doc/functions.lua to your new Notepad++'s auto-complete folder. This will let you save over 80% of time for scripting. From links what Limos wrote in his post, only the first one is a must to learn. Rest are almost useless in basic scripting of Open Tibia and you will rarely use them. To do advenced scripts you have to learn perfectly tables and loops first. Without that your scripts will have over 25kb size and you will waste over 5 hours to write them. Instead of 20 minutes and 2kb size.

I didnt know you could do that!!! lol wow

Actually, he doesn't have to start to learn anything before using it (I think you misunderstood my post).

Just start making simple scripts and use other scripts as examples, the more you learn, the more difficult scripts you can make.
If you don't know the right names for functions you can find them in luascript.cpp and Lua functions lists.
Or if you need to know something that is not ot related but just Lua in general you can type it in google as I explained in my post above.

Of course, people learn in many different ways, but I became good with Lua by learning from examples.
I'd find a working example of a script, go line by line figuring out what is happening, as well as being aware of the syntaxes.
Learning to write code is not something that can be done overnight, it is probably going to take months for someone to master Lua.

can you explain more how to move functions to autocomplete notepad ++ ?
which folders/files ?

Attachments

• eventtemplates.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 3 · VirusTotal
  • forgottenserver_1_0_EE.zip
    67.2 KB · Views: 4 · VirusTotal
Back