• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Security breach and moving to XenForo

Due to a vulnerability in vBulletin, a user managed to gain full admin rights on the forum. We don't believe that any sensitive data such as password hashes were exposed, but it was technically possible that they were with the access level the user had, so we recommend that you change your passwords.

Because of this event, we're rushing our migration from vBulletin to the forum software XenForo and because of that the forum is unfortunately not in the state we would have wished that it was in when migrating.

Changes/explanations:
  • Articles are gone. The Articles section on OtLand was mainly used as a "how to"/tutorials page. We intend to replace this with Wiki pages on GitHub. For The Forgotten Server project, similar articles will be found here: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki. Evan is currently working on documenting the new Lua interface.
  • Blogs are gone. If you were actively using your OtLand blog, please contact us and we'll extract your blog content in plain text format and send it to you.
  • Reputation is gone. Instead, we will use XenForo's like system. Any post that you had given reputation to will now have received a like instead, and the old likes system is gone.
  • The webchat page is gone, but the #otland channel on QuakeNet is still there. You can either connect with an IRC client or use this URL to use the webchat: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=otland (we don't usually provide support in this channel, so if you're joining for support you'll be disappointed).
  • The OtLand Subversion is gone. We're moving OtLand projects to a more open platform, GitHub. You will find these projects here: https://github.com/otland (also see http://otland.net/threads/moving-forward.198835/).
  • Code tags for Lua, XML etc. are not working. We will write plugins to support these tags again.
  • The Main board has been moved to the bottom of the forum, because it is the least active forum.
  • Opened the Native Chatboards category for new threads and posts. If your native language doesn't have a chatboard, you may create a thread in this board to speak in your native language. The thread title must include the English name of the language spoken in the thread. Keep in mind that OTLand rules apply for native chatboards too.
  • Removed the premium subscription payment options for more than three months.
  • Closed the Marketplace from new posts (see http://otland.net/threads/moving-forward.198835/ why).
The layout and current forum settings were picked in a hurry to get OTLand back online as soon as possible. There may be other parts of OTLand that are currently a mess, and there may be a lot of issues such as incorrect user or forum permissions at the moment. If you run into any issues, please report them in this thread.

How can I PM someone? Doesnt seems possible :p
This feature has been replaced with conversation.
You can send messages to someone and receive it from them. It probably works with the same way.

Also I think that sticked threads should got diffrent background color than default (darker or lighter).

_
Regards,
sn3ejk

I got a strange email from OTLand during the time offline. It only included this single image:
gmSMfSS.png

Did anyone else get this?

I hope with a new layout there comes a thicker border between posts, can hardly tell where one ends and another starts.
Also, I really miss the recent posts on the side, other than that cool changes.

This feature has been replaced with conversation.
You can send messages to someone and receive it from them. It probably works with the same way.

Also I think that sticked threads should got diffrent background color than default (darker or lighter).

_
Regards,
sn3ejk
ahh ye, ic. Thanks

and please add the recent post thingy

Last edited:
I hope with a new layout there comes a thicker border between posts, can hardly tell where one ends and another starts.
Yes. Backgrounds of post should got different colors. First lighter, second darker, third lighter and etc.

_
Regards,
sn3ejk

Just keep calm guys, everything will be back to normal soon
and about the banned ones, they may check vbulletin database to ban them
and about this XenForo layout, this is the default one, the new worked style may come soon too :D

If premium feathure is removed and premium will expire for every user...
Can free users request name changing once a month now?

I don't think allowing everyone to request name changes is a good idea, maybe everyone with a minimum of 1000 posts could be allowed to request a name change every 3 months? If everyone would be allowed to request name changes it would be a full time job for administrators changing names.. :p

I don't think allowing everyone to request name changes is a good idea, maybe everyone with a minimum of 1000 posts could be allowed to request a name change every 3 months? If everyone would be allowed to request name changes it would be a full time job for administrators changing names.. :p

Just check here :D
http://otland.net/account/upgrades

This is pretty much my only issue with the new forum :)

oh, I see now, thank you.

One question regarding marketplace
if I wrote a script from scratch that generates terrain am I allowed to sell it there or it counts as part of tfs?

@Hooloovoo
954... so close xD

oh, I see now, thank you.

One question regarding marketplace
if I wrote a script from scratch that generates terrain am I allowed to sell it there or it counts as part of tfs?

@Hooloovoo
954... so close xD

Whether it's a part of TFS or not is relevant, OTLand is trying to encourage open source and therefore all selling/buying is limited to hosting services.

I personally also think that user information displayed in threads is very poor(location, posts, occupation etc).

Edit: Looks like you are able of double posting now aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, me not like sorry.. (Probably will get better with the time)

Nice 24h bump no work ty

Last edited by a moderator:
The new forum looks neat :)

Will take bit time to get use to it, but its worth it :D

Thumb Up for otland!

Back