• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

OtLand Security breach and moving to XenForo

Due to a vulnerability in vBulletin, a user managed to gain full admin rights on the forum. We don't believe that any sensitive data such as password hashes were exposed, but it was technically possible that they were with the access level the user had, so we recommend that you change your passwords.

Because of this event, we're rushing our migration from vBulletin to the forum software XenForo and because of that the forum is unfortunately not in the state we would have wished that it was in when migrating.

Changes/explanations:
  • Articles are gone. The Articles section on OtLand was mainly used as a "how to"/tutorials page. We intend to replace this with Wiki pages on GitHub. For The Forgotten Server project, similar articles will be found here: https://github.com/otland/forgottenserver/wiki. Evan is currently working on documenting the new Lua interface.
  • Blogs are gone. If you were actively using your OtLand blog, please contact us and we'll extract your blog content in plain text format and send it to you.
  • Reputation is gone. Instead, we will use XenForo's like system. Any post that you had given reputation to will now have received a like instead, and the old likes system is gone.
  • The webchat page is gone, but the #otland channel on QuakeNet is still there. You can either connect with an IRC client or use this URL to use the webchat: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=otland (we don't usually provide support in this channel, so if you're joining for support you'll be disappointed).
  • The OtLand Subversion is gone. We're moving OtLand projects to a more open platform, GitHub. You will find these projects here: https://github.com/otland (also see http://otland.net/threads/moving-forward.198835/).
  • Code tags for Lua, XML etc. are not working. We will write plugins to support these tags again.
  • The Main board has been moved to the bottom of the forum, because it is the least active forum.
  • Opened the Native Chatboards category for new threads and posts. If your native language doesn't have a chatboard, you may create a thread in this board to speak in your native language. The thread title must include the English name of the language spoken in the thread. Keep in mind that OTLand rules apply for native chatboards too.
  • Removed the premium subscription payment options for more than three months.
  • Closed the Marketplace from new posts (see http://otland.net/threads/moving-forward.198835/ why).
The layout and current forum settings were picked in a hurry to get OTLand back online as soon as possible. There may be other parts of OTLand that are currently a mess, and there may be a lot of issues such as incorrect user or forum permissions at the moment. If you run into any issues, please report them in this thread.

In a way, I am glad that the nerd took advantage of the vulnerability. The nerd managed to speed up the migration to XenForo. The master race forum software.

Somethings that I've noticed how ever since the migration:
  • Cannot edit posts
  • Permission error when trying to edit my profile (Account, Personal Details, Contact Details)
  • Robots in Current Visitors? [image]
  • Signature hight limit [signature limits in general]
  • Trophies don't seem to be working <~Talaturen> u ened to wait for cron
  • a minor nginx mis-configuration. For example going to the following address (http://otland.net/forum.php) or any address with a .php extension to the end of it will return "No input file specified."

Yay XenForo!

Last edited:
In a way, I am glad that the nerd took advantage of the vulnerability. The nerd managed to speed up the migration to XenForo. The master race forum software.

Somethings that I've noticed how ever since the migration:
Cannot edit posts
and a minor nginx mis-configuration.

For example going to the following address (http://otland.net/forum.php) or any address with a .php extension to the end of it will return "No input file specified."

Yay XenForo!

You should be able to edit your posts now.
The nginx configuration is because we disabled the 404 page while experimenting with nginx.

and about private subversion ?

The private subversion is no more, as stated in the post. It's a bad model for an open-source community.

We will make old revisions from the private subversion available to you at a later time though. We also have plans to provide nightly builds from the GitHub repository for premium users, and a few other things that I don't want to promise yet.

Well, I'd love to see sub-forums on the main page if possible(with new posts icon of course)
Layout hurts my eyes a bit, but it isn't important matter in such serious situation

Bit dumb question, but where can i see 'new posts'? :(
Can't find it either, dont think it exist :(

EDIT: Also ALT + S doesnt send your post anymore, anyone know the shortcut for it? I really hope there is one.

Out of interest will there still be a premium support board? Or has this now been merged into the free one?

Also, wise decision with XenForo, much nicer layout and better styling interfaces etc. Always preferred it, never expected it to catch on.

You should be able to edit your posts now.
The nginx configuration is because we disabled the 404 page while experimenting with nginx.

The private subversion is no more, as stated in the post. It's a bad model for an open-source community.

We will make old revisions from the private subversion available to you at a later time though. We also have plans to provide nightly builds from the GitHub repository for premium users, and a few other things that I don't want to promise yet.

Some emoticons

Attachments

I Don't Love a new website We used old we was love it but not at all this new site come

All I can do is congratulate!

All my experiences with Xon were insanely bad. People cracked throught security system like a pädophile throught virginity..

Hope you guys can keep it save.

There is no staff members apart from Mark. Just curious, will the otland team be the same as earlier?

There is no staff members apart from Mark. Just curious, will the otland team be the same as earlier?
Probobly, btw,
I noticed some people who were banned before aren't banned now, what will happen to them ;p?

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but while looking at one of my threads I noticed that the [XXXX] are different.

So for all of the C++ Threads in the resources forum, there are lots of posts with [cpp][/cpp] tags that aren't working, most likely because the [cpp] format hasn't been implimented.

Just wanted to bring it to your attention if you don't already know about it. :) There are many more important things to worry about right now.

Back