• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Server Crashes Every Minute

Collz

Pandas Go RAWR!!!
Reaction score
Well yesterday I ran some tests on the server and everything was fine. The server didn't crash not once, but then today I did something to xampp so I can change the ports for my webpage, and now the server crashes literally a minute after it's up. I've turned it on 5 times and it did the same thing each time. I even tried to restart the hosting computer and still, it crashes. I checked the Admin logs and got this error.
Code:
[16/08/2010 18:06:59] (Error - void ServicePort::open(uint16_t)) NETWORK: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
I don't know what it means, all I know is that everything was working fine until I redirected port 80. No errors pop up on the console either.

Well , yesterday i had this problem and got really crazy about this. I understand now.

i had this problem because my server was listening and sending by 7171 port. And in same machine, i was playing on a diferent tibia server with same port too, so there reach packages with same tittles (maybe because they are from same kind of OT) but those packages are not for my server so it detect's it like some kind of attack, or some network conflict.

since i started using a different free port, never crashed again.

I hope this could help people that has this same problem. I got really crazy with forwarding stuff, and it wasn't a forwarding problem
I the way i discover a very good port check tool, the only one i trust in. is this one:
http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

PFPort checker.

One more thing. If u want to try your ports with telnet method, u must be sure that something is listening by the same port. Otherwise it will looks like port werent forwarded, it will refuse connection. The same that if there were some service listening but port were blocking.

Ok, im happy to solved all problems :p

See you. Thanks for this big src of information for otserver.

No, its just because of port is being used in a tibia client, so server cant take it and listen from it... Because it detect packages from other OT you are playing at that same moment.
My problem is already fixed, was just posting the solution for people who could have the same problem in future.

Back