• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Windows Server FREEZE whenever someone enters new char

Eddie TheGod

Reaction score
So whenever someone creates a character and "ENTERS THE CHARACTER THE FIRST TIME" the whole server has like a little 6 second freeze, doesn't kick you out of the game, it just takes around 6 seconds to move again.
Any chance someone knows why?
Server is tfs 0.4 3777-master

Last edited:
Found out that the ones that are repeating for like a million times are the level max and the advance save
i'm going to put the advance save first
Here is the one that i'm using for the .xml
<event type="advance" name="AdvanceSave" event="script" value="advancesave.lua"/>
ENDS HERE
HERES THE ADVANCE SAVE
local config = {
savePlayersOnAdvance = true
}

function onAdvance(cid, skill, oldLevel, newLevel)
if(config.savePlayersOnAdvance) then
doPlayerSave(cid, true)
end

return true
end

Ends here

I believe its this one

Last edited:
Hey just figured out that it is the advance save that is fucking with my server :/ Just took of the max level, and well the advance save is the one that keeps repeating for some reason... any help? :)

Is advanceSave even necessary?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is advanceSave even necessary?
Well this is going to save a player everytime he advances in anything (levels or skills), one time for every advance so yea if you don't have a powerful server this can lag it, the only solution is to remove it.

Well I'm seeing other servers that I had before never have that one. The advance save, on global events theres another one called Save, idk if that one saves it also. But I believe it does if i'm not mistaken

Back