• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Server instantly closes

dik

Reaction score
I've been following this tutorial
Everything went fine except few things:
- In the video he imported forgottenserver.sql (I don't have that file in Forgotten Server 1.2 which i downloaded from github BUT i figured it's schema.sql now)
- I've updated config.lua with the connection information such as username and password for MySQL but when i try to start "theforgottenserver.exe" it instantly closes down, so fast that i can't even do a screenshot of the text.

The only logical reason why that would happen is if i didn't put good MySQL details but i am 99% positive that i did..
Is there any way to run server differently so i can atleast see the error?
Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
SPIUG2z.png

This is what happens after i change "127.0.0.1" to "localhost" , i understand that it's the same thing but for some reason it stays on the screen longer when i put that on. Any idea why?
This is my test server anyway so if someone could tell me an example of username/pw/database name that would be great.

EDIT 2:
Zktbp02.png

Just for future refference guys, MAKE SURE your user is @localhost and not @local because for some strange reason it won't work at local.. (even tho i put local in config)

EDIT 3:
Had somekind of mysql secret error after trying to login
Did this and it worked:
- Open PHPMYADMIN, click on your database, go to SQL and run this.
Code:
ALTER TABLE `accounts`ADD `secret` varchar(255);

Last edited:
This is what happens after i change "127.0.0.1" to "localhost" , i understand that it's the same thing but for some reason it stays on the screen longer when i put that on.

127.0.0.1 is the IPv4 address to the local machine.
localhost is a name that is looked up to find the addresses of the local machine.

- I've updated config.lua with the connection information such as username and password for MySQL but when i try to start "theforgottenserver.exe" it instantly closes down, so fast that i can't even do a screenshot of the text.

You can start server in cmd so the terminal won't shut the window down. For example ./nameofexe.exe

Thanks for your reply, hopefully this will help future users as much as it did me.
Specially thanks to Znote for full CMS and tutorial on how to run a OT.

Back