• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shiva Shadowsong Thread

Am I the only one who don't like your sprites?
You're making it that long that you should be at least two times better than you are.

Am I the only one who don't like your sprites?
You're making it that long that you should be at least two times better than you are.

Thats contradicting eachother. Do you mean you can't like his sprite because he has be doing it for too long?
That must mean that you love every beginner and find them better than a profesional sprite artist.

I understand what you mean. And I also think Shiva could have been far better than he actually is if his only concern was in making sprites. But he is a project leader mainly. Meaning he can't put everything to his artistic side, which I find sad myself.

Thats contradicting eachother. Do you mean you can't like his sprite because he has be doing it for too long?
That must mean that you love every beginner and find them better than a profesional sprite artist.

I understand what you mean. And I also think Shiva could have been far better than he actually is if his only concern was in making sprites. But he is a project leader mainly. Meaning he can't put everything to his artistic side, which I find sad myself.

Jokes aside, I understand what you both mean. Like you suggested, I also feel like I'd improve much more if I only focused on spriting non-stop, but since I'm also studying, learning graphic design, managing Necronia and scripting/mapping for it aside from other common-man things, there's only so much training one can fit in between all these activities.

I am however proud of my achievements in the last couple of years, and I'm happy that many people can appreciate the effort put into these sprites and find their quality sufficient to accept them into their own projects and provide me with an opportunity to work, improve, and earn some money all the while.

Then again, each artist has their own style to it. I've grown accustomed to a certain way of working that is clearly reflected on most of my work, and it is completely normal that some people find a certain style distasteful while others absolutely love it. It is as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If someone really dislikes my work with a passion, they can feel free to ignore my posts. Nobody's forcing them to look at it. :O

One more thing to consider is the fact that I've lately been working for old-school projects, where the standards of what is good and what is not get entirely shifted. For example, this tree here:

554waRG.png

I'd say it's atrocious any day, but once you put it into a 7.0 Tibia environment where every other sprite looks as "bad" as this, it fits and radiates a specific taste.

nice you have talent, have you consider doing speed art(fast forward your recording) of any sprite and upload it to youtube?, if you ever do one, let me know :)

nice you have talent, have you consider doing speed art(fast forward your recording) of any sprite and upload it to youtube?, if you ever do one, let me know :)

Thanks. Yes, I've considered it, and I probably will start making some videos once I'm done with school by the end of this month :D

Well dude, you didn't make a constructive opinion, that's the thing, you were rude and you didn't even apologize.

Hey, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Yes he was rude, but just let ShadowSong defend himself. (Which he admitted he wasn't THAT good and works on other things, which is the reason he isn't better)

There is no reason for all the fan-boys to jump in the thread and start a flame war.

On another note.
I am happy for EACH AND EVERY pixel artist we have in the OT Community. I hope we get more, no matter their skill level.
Would be nice to finally get our own sprite package, and get away from Cipsoft.

Thanks everyone, and please, no flaming!
Like I said, if you don't like my stuff and won't post any constructive criticism, here's the rest of the website.

Here's something I'm still working on for a client, turning out to be a pretty massive gate :O

l9a0KF4.png

Back