• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Shiva Shadowsong Thread

Very nice man. Awesome sprites :D
If you want to look mine and give some tips I'd be really happy :D
Thanks man, yeah sure, I'll have a peek tonight. :D

Looks incredible as usual. Looking forward to using them in Voltage once you have 'em up for sale :)

Like a boss, as always! I'm a fan!
Thanks Hisoka, glad to see you're still around.

Looks incredible as usual. Looking forward to using them in Voltage once you have 'em up for sale :)
Much obliged. Sale is SoonTM :D

Hey Shiva, long time!
I'm really impressed how you evolved in those recent sprites.

I only suggest taking a little care with the perspective by drawing a diagonal line like this
70j0hx.png

Some details just go outside perspective if you don't check well.
Others things like alignment of the arms/members help the perspective too (you could apply that on your new sprite of pumpkin monster).

For the pumpkins I can see you're using Auto-AA on that sprites, what helps a lot! You could use that in favor to AA the borders, what is very important to it's format.
28nx1d.png

A quick edit applying a little more contrast, border AA and shining eyes, doing it more distinct.

Hope it give you some ideas! (like an animation for it) :)

Hi Leshrot! Long time no speak.

Yeah, you're completely right. I screwed up on the perspective of that monster because I didn't use any guides, just freestyled it until it was too late, though it is still presentable ingame so that salvages what it can.
As for the pumpkin guy, I freestyled him as well, but I'm gaining a better sense for this so it's not nearly as crooked, you can notice in the video on several ocassions that i delete his body parts and redraw them again to make it go more in line with the diagonal. Now when I measured him, the top of his head is aligned with his back and his feet, so that's pretty cool. It's still not 100% in perspective, but to be honest, I don't like some sprites that are 100% in perspective, hear me out. You can get away with a little bit of offset, this or that way, and it leaves much more room open for a broader and better display of details.

As for the contrast, I agree with you, these sprites need more contrast, though they're still being worked on and not released so I have time to fix this.
I prefer to work with slightly less vibrant colors, I don't know why, to me it just looks better. And yea I work on a dark background, so even mildly light colors seem okay and contrasted to a level, and this can often be deceiving like in this case.

I try not to put too much contrast, though this current margin of contrast is not acceptable and I'll fix it up.

Sometimes I feel like in your sprites, you put too much contrast. Not necessarily a bad thing, it looks good, but I personally prefer it a bit milder. Anyway, thank you very much for pointing it out, I'll fix it up. E.g.:

DAmsILM.png

Q8V5nVX.png

Did a launcher for Thanatos earlier this afternoon, pretty happy with how it turned out. It's always a relief to take a small break from sprites and work on something like this.

MsYb1yR.png

Back to sprites now! I'll post some more stuff soon :D
omg this is so sexy. thank u for the contribution of Thanatos

Check out some of the sprites from the completed bundle,
The sprites are reduced in size and blurry a bit, but nevertheless, that's what I've been working on for the Halloween session.

Rs9uQDh.png

There are also some extras and animations you don't see up here:

259.gif
256.gif
255.gif
243.png

I'm working on more stuff for Tales of Nuya and will be soon working on content for Frontiers of Fantasy as well as Medivia, so you'll hear more from me.

May even upload some more videos soon, as the previous ones have received generally good feedback.

P.S. If anyone wants to get these sprites (or any of them individually) for their project, they're up on my store (may not open properly in Mozzila, there is a bug I need to fix).

Cheers!
Funny enough, gm from kasteria.pl claims they were dedicated for their server xD
Sick job though.

Funny enough, gm from kasteria.pl claims they were dedicated for their server xD
Sick job though.

I'll speak to him to see what's up about this. Thanks for pointing it out. I never make it mandatory to give credit to me if you use my work after purchasing it on the store, the buyers are welcome to do so. I did ask him for a favor to mention my website, but I didn't say he must. And if this is what happened instead, well, that's pretty disrespectful to say the least.

I'll speak to him to see what's up about this. Thanks for pointing it out. I never make it mandatory to give credit to me if you use my work after purchasing it on the store, the buyers are welcome to do so. I did ask him for a favor to mention my website, but I didn't say he must. And if this is what happened instead, well, that's pretty disrespectful to say the least.
I'm sorry Shadowsong for being off-topic topic again :( but can you tell me did they really were specially created for their server? As in response owner said (youtube comment under one of his videos):
9g1sxUa.png

Translation:
darksebol
> Kasti get yourself together, those sprites weren't 'specially created for your server'. Shadowsong is the author of these sprites and his thread can be seen at otland.net. (lonk to this thread).
KastiTV > Do you actually realize that we bought these sprites from him and he did created them as an order specially for our server? Or you can only be writing bullshit... Just think.
darksebol > Just read his response in this thread: (link to this thread). That's all.

Hello,
as I am already explained the situation to Shiva I would like to do it also there.
Kasti didn't knew anything about a deal we made with Shiva.
I've just told him that I'm going to buy sprites from Shiva for his halloween event and that's all, he probably thought that those are made specialy for us while they were not.

Maybe good to mention that the guy hosting Eloth is not the same guy hosting Evolera and is the real Wille.

Back