• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Siegh's Mapping Thread [Thronar]

At the time I mapped this I used to use these white/green stuff on everything, I can see most ppl hate them anywhere than on stone tiles. Still, I dont know why, since it looks just like a different type of stone on the grass.

Anyway, when I start working on this piece again I will remove and fix some bugs I can see here.

Latest works:

60401850.png

34241562.png

21849038.png

94416880.png

86999988.png

68417470.png

The swamp is a bit weird but its also good looking, I like all the pictures. Good job!!!

Glad you all liked, thanks.

86999988.png

Complete the mountain at your left side <

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!
When will you realease Thronar heh? ^.-

I believe the mountain is complete o.o, where exactly you mean?

For release date, I dont know yet, there are some quests to finish scripting but thats no longer the biggest problem. The problem is my map reworking that will take a while yet, since Im reworking almost every nature around, adding caves and mountains and swamps and lakes and rivers and every shit you can imagine. I will post a mini-map picture soon showing the area that has yet to be worked on and you can have an idea of how much is left.

What he meant is what you've done with the mountain east of you, you have that little corner placed on those two mountain borders. What you should remove since there is no other corner to complete it

Aw I get it, removed it thanks :D

More:

25910051.png

A spring of a river (is that the correct word?)

85309391.png

An old forgotten elven shrine, the bridge's glyphs protects against unwanted visitors.

39888329.png

EDIT: Just felt like posting a far away picture from the area Im working right now, it turned out to be a very beautiull environment on my opinion. Dont mind the red areas, they are the shitty ones wich I have to rework yet.

41030870.png

59482583.png

Last edited:
Aw I get it, removed it thanks :D

More:

25910051.png

A spring of a river (is that the correct word?)

85309391.png

An old forgotten elven shrine, the bridge's glyphs protects against unwanted visitors.

39888329.png

EDIT: Just felt like posting a far away picture from the area Im working right now, it turned out to be a very beautiull environment on my opinion. Dont mind the red areas, they are the shitty ones wich I have to rework yet.

41030870.png

59482583.png

The bridge looks weird, but it's nice actually xP
Totally agree with your nature, I just love it!
And yeah, a minimap please!!!!

Ooh, that actually looks really neat imo ( the bridge and that~) Seems like all of a sudden people use thoose ugly sprites and make them look good ^^

@God Blas

Thanks, a mini-map is coming soon, but dont expect much since my map looks a LOT better ingame than on the mini-map. Since I have no sea on my map the shape is quite ugly if to compare with a default map.

@HesteN

Actually Ive made this piece like 2 or 3 years ago :p

A lil bonus pic:

23669813.png

Take your time to read some books, you may learn interesting subjects!

EDIT: Fixed grammar error on " "goblins" is"

Last edited:
Remove the rock soil, add some spaces between the bookcases.

Sorry, I still like the "rock soils" on some tiles, helps greatly on fixing tile emptyness. Just imagine that its a small broken part of the pavement with some grass growing out of it, thats what I want to represent.

Also for being narrow, its a pz so there will be no trapping.

Sorry, I still like the "rock soils" on some tiles, helps greatly on fixing tile emptyness. Just imagine that its a small broken part of the pavement with some grass growing out of it, thats what I want to represent.

Also for being narrow, its a pz so there will be no trapping.

Rock Soil has grey outlines because they are supposed to be on Grey Rock ground. They look really bad on other grounds.

Well, seems like Im the only one who think its fine :p

For the majority's wish I will remove them.

I like the building, but maybe remove the bookcases on the carpet, so that its less narrow.

I like the building, but maybe remove the bookcases on the carpet, so that its less narrow.

Ive used your suggestion, thanks.

Edit: Removed Mini-Map

Well, I warned you, the mini-map sure looks weird and even bad, but what matter is ingame anyway. The map is fully continental, the edges are defined by mountains, rivers and closed florest patches, and of course they may be extended by updates.

Tell me what you think, and if anyone is interested into Thronar's lore part, here is a link with teasers:
http://otland.net/f251/thronars-lore-discussion-thread-teaser-152263/

Last edited:
Back