• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Siegh's Mapping Thread [Thronar]

"The map is fully continental, the edges are defined by mountains, rivers and closed florest patches, and of course they may be extended by updates."

I always wanted to do that myself. I just didn't have the courage xD Always thought it would look too weird but it looks quite cool.

"The map is fully continental, the edges are defined by mountains, rivers and closed florest patches, and of course they may be extended by updates."

I always wanted to do that myself. I just didn't have the courage xD Always thought it would look too weird but it looks quite cool.

Oh yeah it takes a lot of courage to keep on mapping aswell :p but no signs of giving up anywhere close lol.

Ive used your suggestion, thanks.

Here is something some of you were waiting, mini-map pics!

The first pic is the completed areas, the areas wich Ive finished remaking:
69898177.png

This one is the entire map so far, mind not the red areas, again they are the shitty ones.
46625549.png

Well, I warned you, the mini-map sure looks weird and even bad, but what matter is ingame anyway. The map is fully continental, the edges are defined by mountains, rivers and closed florest patches, and of course they may be extended by updates.

Tell me what you think, and if anyone is interested into Thronar's lore part, here is a link with teasers:
http://otland.net/f251/thronars-lore-discussion-thread-teaser-152263/

Hey sup! I know you were waiting my comments :cool: JOKE XD!
I'm in love of the idea were there's no end on the huge continent, that's the best idea I've ever read seriously.
I don't know why you put those red lines, kind of makes me feel sad 'cause of you're excelent nature and ypu put those red lines ¬¬
Keep us updated please!
I wanna see more more more more more of your nature!
Good luck ;D!

Hey sup! I know you were waiting my comments :cool: JOKE XD!
I'm in love of the idea were there's no end on the huge continent, that's the best idea I've ever read seriously.
I don't know why you put those red lines, kind of makes me feel sad 'cause of you're excelent nature and ypu put those red lines ¬¬
Keep us updated please!
I wanna see more more more more more of your nature!
Good luck ;D!

Yes, you became an avid commenter here :D
Good to know that everyone liked this continental map stuff, it have always wanted to do something like this and now Im halfway done with it!

Er... the red lines are there on the areas that my nature is not even good. These are areas wich Ive rushed through doodads only to finish it quickly and they turned out pretty horrible, but it was only to finish the map for the first beta. Now I started to really work on the nature, so thats why Im remaking almost the entire map excluding some special areas, mostly the cathedral area to the west and the huge swamp do the east.

I will always update here so dont worry, thanks!

Just a lil continuation of the nature I was working before, may look similar but arent same pics.

56821495.png

89577521.png

98196181.png

Hate the big grass tufts and the many mountain border corners, other then that I love it xd bridge looks great

Thanks =)

Funny part is that I usually erase most of the corner borders but leave some, maybe I left too much on this area and havent noticed. Big grass tufts, well xp live with them, I will keep using them on pine forests but will change to small tufts depending on wich new nature type I will work after that.

Bonus Pics:
95621832.png

75890945.png

Last edited:
I like what you did with the fences, reminds me of a server I played for a long time. For me this gives a real rpg feeling. Nice :D

Hehe yes, without these fences the road looks really empty, I really like them even if they look weird sometimes.

Edit: Removed Mini-Map

Last edited:
Yes, you became an avid commenter here :D
Good to know that everyone liked this continental map stuff, it have always wanted to do something like this and now Im halfway done with it!

Er... the red lines are there on the areas that my nature is not even good. These are areas wich Ive rushed through doodads only to finish it quickly and they turned out pretty horrible, but it was only to finish the map for the first beta. Now I started to really work on the nature, so thats why Im remaking almost the entire map excluding some special areas, mostly the cathedral area to the west and the huge swamp do the east.

I will always update here so dont worry, thanks!

Just a lil continuation of the nature I was working before, may look similar but arent same pics.

56821495.png

89577521.png

98196181.png

Thanks =)

Funny part is that I usually erase most of the corner borders but leave some, maybe I left too much on this area and havent noticed. Big grass tufts, well xp live with them, I will keep using them on pine forests but will change to small tufts depending on wich new nature type I will work after that.

Bonus Pics:
95621832.png

75890945.png

Hehe yes, without these fences the road looks really empty, I really like them even if they look weird sometimes.

Here is the mini-map progression of today's work, small but significant:
69898177.png

98877591.png

43073939.png

And the above pic of what Im doing right now.
71354131.png

Heh, I really like your map man, and your nature it's the most amazing here in OtLand for me.
The only thing I noticed at your minimap and in this ingame pictures you're showing now, is that you're using "fences" to mark the road, and that makes it "unlikely" at least for me, players should explore the map, to know the road and the ways to the hunting zones, quest, etc.. And the fences kind of "remove" the exploration thing for my taste, they look pretty cool at the end of a drigge, or the entrance/exit of a city, but probably not all the map (in my opinion).
Your nature it's being as awesome as always, good luck ;D

Edit: I didn't noticed the page 14 O.O!"
Well, I'm still not too agree with the fences, probably on the small parts with the signs fit, but not all the road! T_T
But it's your map style man, and I respect that :')! (And even like your mapping ¬¬"!)

Between, when are we gonna see a huge hunting spot? .__.
Keep mapping sup :3!

Last edited:
Heh, I really like your map man, and your nature it's the most amazing here in OtLand for me.
The only thing I noticed at your minimap and in this ingame pictures you're showing now, is that you're using "fences" to mark the road, and that makes it "unlikely" at least for me, players should explore the map, to know the road and the ways to the hunting zones, quest, etc.. And the fences kind of "remove" the exploration thing for my taste, they look pretty cool at the end of a drigge, or the entrance/exit of a city, but probably not all the map (in my opinion).
Your nature it's being as awesome as always, good luck ;D

Edit: I didn't noticed the page 14 O.O!"
Well, I'm still not too agree with the fences, probably on the small parts with the signs fit, but not all the road! T_T
But it's your map style man, and I respect that :')! (And even like your mapping ¬¬"!)

Between, when are we gonna see a huge hunting spot? .__.
Keep mapping sup :3!

About the fences, they will only mark main roads wich go across the villages, the hunting spots are mostly between them and not on the way, you will need to go out of the road and explore a lot to find nice places, and also the roads doesnt go everywhere. I still use the fences to give the feeling of something consistent to the roads, instead of just big subsequent patches of dirt, and also is a good way to mark them on the mini-map.

A huge hunting spot, maybe its time to post something like this to break nature's monotony. I will see what's done to be posted soon.

Thank you for your comments :D

Enough from nature now, I will show now my cathedral, one of my master pieces together with the lava dungeon wich I already posted. I will post only some pics now, leaving the underground ones for later if I get enough support, and believe me, they are much better than these ones :D

43353654.png

41203519.png

89104075.png

25125470.png

Back