• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Siegh's Mappings

Im back, with some pics. Since I was bored, I decided to screen some old and new parts of my neverending map to post here... just for fun.
And I havent finished the city wich I was building on the posts above, maybe someday I will.

Here are the pics:

Some random nature
map6s.jpg

The entrance of a unfinished complex of mystic towers wich Im about to start more than a year ago
map4sb.jpg

A old part of one of the many dungeon complexes wich I love (it looks AWESOME ingame =D)
map3h.jpg

Some random pics of a ruined city
map62.jpg

map5.jpg

Now, some of my newest pieces, a very "dark" dungeon and some sacrificial pits
map2n.jpg

map1mr.jpg

mapig.jpg

Thats it for today, I may post something more later =D
Comments please, thanks in advance.

loved the dungeon!
@ruins, imo you should change the street
@dark dungeon, looks nice aswell, like the broken bridge idea ;p

loved the dungeon!
@ruins, imo you should change the street
@dark dungeon, looks nice aswell, like the broken bridge idea ;p

Thanks =D, about the streets, I think its kinda fit the scenario, since its a undead city. I understand many ppl dont like this tile but I kinda like it xD

I like it!
The only feedback i've got is that I think there is alot that is to much square shaped, otherwise nice :)

Hmm thats about style. Borders arent meant to be squarish but buildings may be if supposed to.

Here I come again, with more random pics of random locations... yes my map is prety big.

And something that was bugging me, I hate when ppl say "Nah dont use autoborder ur nab". Why not? Is such an usefull tool, saves up so much time! The secret on autobordering is reshaping stuff wich you think that looks bad, and of course more specific details you should pick on raw, but an overall, I make the terrain pretty much on autoborder, and then I raw stuff up to make them look better. If I made everything from raw from the very beggining, it would take me ages and ages to do stuff.

So, to proof that autoborder IS an usefull tool for experienced mappers, these are pics of locations that I probably made with autoborder (it was ages ago, but since its mostly terrain, apart from the houses, I made with autoborder). Say if they are good or bad :p

sansre3ci.jpg

sansre2qp.jpg

sansre1na.jpg

sansred.jpg

Comments below please =p

Soome stuff I can see that is a little square, but almost cant be noticed. Also, since Im working on a huge project, I cant afford spend hours on a little 10x10 area, but anyway I trust myself that its looking great.

My concept is making a playable map, with a good looking atmosphere, and not a showoff unplayable map.

I can make a good looking playable yet detailed 10x10 area in 1 minute and 30 seconds. If you practice you can find everything you need super fast or just type J and type a name..

Well just tell me if the pieces Ive show are good loking and playable or not. I think they are, but the point Ive posted them is to know what ppl thinks.

And its not that easy when you have a huge continental map with no sea with the first region around 1000x1000 or more, and make everyone of these 10x10 areas on raw. So, I only make specific detailing on specific areas, such as the pics above, of the dungeons etc.

Im showing random nature pieces, not epic dungeons. I see no need of further detailing.

Anyway, seems like no one wanna comment the ab pics, so I will post a little preview of my latest unfinished work wich Im working exactly now.

sansreew.jpg

Dont mind the weird totem details, they fit what Im planning there.

Thanks you both, I will take ingame screenshoots when I finish the whole cave. Ive yet to finish the first floor and head to the upper floors and the undergrounds, apart from one side-dungeon inside this one.

Back