• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sigma world - starting from scratch!

cricks

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I would like to share my entire project from scratch with you. Each new step will be shared here until I completely finish the whole Sigma world.

Before starting, I want to say I have everything planned already and it took me a while to write all my plans. Now, it is time to execute these plans! I started making a SKETCH from the continent, since we, humans, adapt from what we got from nature, not the opposite (and because it is more challenging this way). Based on this continent, I will start mapping. However, I may change the continent a little bit during the process of mapping.

I also want to say that I will probably not post here everyday, I will post a picutre here whenever I finish an area and this can take a while, so stay tunned to see good stuff (hopefully) coming!

PS: I've started a small town already, as you can see in the picture. I had the idea of share my project after I made this small town.

1.png

Just a little spoiler to make this post not so empty at the start...

My first temple from Eldham. This is a religious city and the citzens really enjoy these huge temples. Also, there is something special about these crystals under the temple and the mages are studying it!

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

6.png
PS: This crystal idea wasn't mine. A friend of mine gave me this idea and I got inspired, however, I made this.

Last edited:
add streets and more buildings... eager to see how it will look like

I am getting very inspired by The Witcher 3 (Novigrad city), there are alot of cool places that I can try to make in RME.

This is my attempt to make the open market from Witcher 3. I also made other areas for Eldham already, but I will share it later.
As I am making a religious city, you may find some shrines like this I've made. Also, I am making the city using Venore walls, since I find it very "religious".

This area I made is like a commercial area, you can find everything there (armor, weapons, tools...), inside the stores.

Witcher 3 picture (Reference)
witcher open market.png

screenshot_2019-11-11-16-3-11.png

1573499515047.png

I am trying to make a detailed map and the most important, a playable map. So, if you guys find it overdetailed, just tell me, since I want to prioritize gameplay over detail. Every new area I make, I test with some friend, trying to see how are the movements inside stores, etc. For me, at least, is very playable at the moment.

EDIT: Made a few changes on the shrine ground.

Last edited:
To be honest, I may change that fire shrine for something else. As this is a religious place, what item you guys think it would fit there? Or you think this fire shrine is fine? The idea here is to make something like this:

The Witcher 3 reference
1573447786789.png

Last edited:
Hey its cool!
You can always put some basic coal basin in the middle and four stone columns supporting the brick roof.

I am trying to make a simple city that isn't over detailed. I hope you guys like it, even though its very simple.
There is alot to show, but I think thats enough for today.

As I said before, I am making a city inspired by Novigrad from The Witcher 3.

Open market.png
Arena entrance.png
Arena hail to the king.png
Dock 2.png
Dock 1.png

Last edited:
A few more...
To be honest, I am getting out ideas for my city and I don't want to rush it, so I will slow it down a little bit.

Castle.png
Bridge.png
Inside.png
Broom.png
Bank Library.png

I hope you guys enjoy this.

Last edited:
I started to lurk this forum a few months ago and decided to make my own map. I consider myself new to this, so, I wish you guys could give me suggestions. My objective is to make a low exp rate server, something like Global map.

Sometimes I also can't see, so, I reload the page. I can see all pics normally right now.
I don't know what is causing this.

Really some good and attracting mapping, very cool indeed. It would be nice if you could also occasionally post an update of the minimap, a loot of people like to see the entire progress :)

Really some good and attracting mapping, very cool indeed. It would be nice if you could also occasionally post an update of the minimap, a loot of people like to see the entire progress :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I will update the minimap soon, I just want to finish my second city before making an update, because there is not much to show yet.

Last edited:
Back