• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Simple Things..

Alyhide

Banned User
Reaction score
By Sonik
Credits If I Used Anybody's Work

Well, here you are, finally apparently, you just created your first OT, and you don't know what to do just yet, but you want to be a good god, so your reading this. Well, lets begin, take a look below and I'll be sure to make your OT life much easier, and along with help in this post, just post in this forum, and I'll be sure to post right back when I get a chance to help you guys. I've been there, and believe me, it's not fun if you don't know what to do, just like anything. So, lets begin now!

The Commands
As you may know by now, GMs, CMs, and Administrators have an abundance of commands, and this post will make it easier than just keep going back into the talkactions and looking at them, so here they are.

Code:
/t - Teleports you to the temple. You can also teleport a player to the temple by saying /t playersname.
/c - Summons an NPC, Player, or Monster that is already on the map. ex. /c Sonik
/m - Creates a monster or NPC, just say.. /m mosntername
/i - Creates an item, you can create almost any possible item by saying.. /i itemname or.. /i itemnumber
/b - Depending on your server, this either broadcasts a message, or bans a person..
/ban - Usually the ban command, you can use it by going.. /ban playername
/unban - This unbans any player that has been banned, just by saying.. /unban bannedplayersname
/kick - This one is pretty obviously the kick command.. You can kick a player by saying /kick playername
/attr - This one is a bit advanced, it's the properties of things, such as attack, defense, name, group, etc. ex. /attr attack 500
/a - This one is a very useful command, it teleports you places! You can teleport by saying.. /a or /a 10 etc.
/up and /down - Teleports you up or down.
/newtype - This changes a player's looktype, you can use it by saying.. /newtype 102, newtype 103, etc.
/goto - Goes to a player in the game, ex. /goto Sonik
/clean - Cleans the map.
/save - Saves the server

Basic Item Editing
In your days as a server runner, you will always have to make custom things, this is what makes a server a server, and a map a map. So, here we go, I'll teach you how if you don't already know :)
Let's start with something simple, an axe.

Code:
<item id="2386" article="an" name="axe">
        <attribute key="weight" value="4000" />
        <attribute key="defense" value="6" />
        <attribute key="attack" value="12" />
        <attribute key="weaponType" value="axe" />
    </item>

You will notice, the Name, and some Attributes about the weapon. Now, notice the changes that I make in the weapon.

Code:
<item id="2386" article="a" name="Sonik Axe">
        <attribute key="weight" value="4000" />
        <attribute key="defense" value="50" />
        <attribute key="attack" value="86" />
        <attribute key="weaponType" value="axe" />
    </item>

And now, take a look at the code above and the first code and see if you see any changes. I changed the name to a 'Sonik Axe' the defense to '50' and the attack to '86'. That is all I will do in the Item Editing, as it is pretty easy. :)

I will post more things as we go along, and this post gets bigger, please post things that would be useful that I can add here. :)

Back
Top Bottom