• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Spectrum RPG [Mappers] [Developers] [Writers]

Notice Update: Character Attributes are now being tested. 11 out of 18 are currently working as they should, the other 7 left need script edits throughout other systems and will be left for later.
Very soon we will allow players to start earning attribute points every 2 levels on our test server: http://aragon.no-ip.org

Looking for mappers, scripters and story writers to be part of Aragon! Simply make a post describing what you can do, or private message me.

Our unique monsters can be considered basically finished for "alpha testing" - soon we will finish our smelting/magic loot and pet training for mounts.
Randomized creatures, unique bosses, character customization, magical items and much more will await the testers!

If you are interested in working on this project, please leave your details or private message me with more information about yourself!

Information about current positions and duties:
Scripters currently work on active issues in the concept board.
Mappers are creating dungeons & quest areas for the server.
Story Writers will be tinkering with the elements of Aragon to come up with creative quest lines our mappers can bring to life.
OTC Dev's will be developing UI for the new systems/features.
Designers will help with anything from advertising materials, signatures, etc. I am also open to web designers for website layout purposes.

Our unique monsters can be considered basically finished for "alpha testing" - soon we will finish our smelting/magic loot and pet training for mounts.
Randomized creatures, unique bosses, character customization, magical items and much more will await the testers!
Ahh yes I remember all of this from the concept boards...

I have no reason to be haha, it wasn't my project you tried to destroy.
Tried? Hmm, how is it possible to destroy something I don't own.
All I did was walk away after someone decided they were going to give me orders..

Tried? Hmm, how is it possible to destroy something I don't own.
All I did was walk away after someone decided they were going to give me orders..

Wait, what?
That is what a project manager does, isn't it?
You're literally saying if your boss at work tells you to do something, and you just quit because he told you to do that.

Wait, what?
That is what a project manager does, isn't it?
You're literally saying if your boss at work tells you to do something, and you just quit because he told you to do that.
No, I donate my time and expertise, no one here tells me what to do because I do not work for you, I hope that clears things up.

No, I donate my time and expertise, no one here tells me what to do because I do not work for you, I hope that clears things up.

No it doesn't really, since you volunteered to join this project.
Fast forward a bit, you have a tantrum, Extrodus explains what happened, you start arguing.
Fast forward even more, you continue to harass people and step on Extrodus' project even more.
You say you are 39, but you act more like you are 5 and can't get the candy you so dearly want in the candy store.

I saw what you posted last night in the spriting thread. You are so unbelievably dense that you can't understand the reason why we stand up for each other is because we are a community.
We don't let people like you trash the members of this community. Especially when we're old friends. A lot of people here doesn't even know who you are. You're just a random guy that is good in scripting and has started a shit storm.
This is beside the point though.

The reason you can't stand that people give you orders is because you aren't nearly capable of organizing a well run project. You are almost required to follow orders if not given leeway.
The project needs everyone to be organized and you can't have 4 different scripters doing whatever. They need to get a clear task and that is what someone would call an order.
If this is something that is something you can't cope with, then I would recommend you to leave. Everyone plays by the same rules here.

----

I am sorry for the off-topic but this had to be said, at least I think so.
Good luck with the project, Extrodus, hope you find the developers that you deserve!

@Zatjin - Couldn't have said it better myself sir! Thank you for the encouraging words of support, we are a community and always will be. People like Codex will always be part of this world and we will just have to deal with that. But we will do that as a family.

As for developers, I think Santa blessed Aragon with an early Christmas gift. I only say that because we have already pushed out 5-6 concepts/issues in the past week all thanks to the new members on the team. I would indulge in who they are, but since they applied privately I assume they want their information kept private.

But in other news an Aragon Pre-Beta will be launching very soon. Probably somewhere around/on Christmas break.
The amount of features/things to test at the start will be pretty lengthy; and only grow bigger over the pre-beta.
Alpha turned out great; the main goal of the alpha was to see if players would enjoy a server styled the way it is.
With the reviews and feedback we got; it seems we are clear to keep moving forward!

Feel free to apply by private message or posting below!

We have been advancing alot over the past two weeks, around 6 core systems are near completion and more are already being worked on.
Mapping has begun to incorporate these systems the most user friendly way possible.
When it comes down to it, every thing will be very easy to grasp and most importantly, well detailed on the website lore.
But they will all need to be stress tested when it comes to our pre-beta.

We are looking for mainly developers, mappers and beta testers!
The idea of having a closed pre-beta is something that may take place.
So apply for your spot, we are looking for 25 testers.
The reason we will most likely have a closed pre-beta is too give time to finish configuring and scuplting the new systems to make them "presentable" to public so to speak.

So far we have personally been testing the new systems in and out. That way testers will hopefully just be checking the balance of the new features to make sure it would be viable in full scale action.

Devs, Mappers, Testers; apply today and be part of Aragon.

Regards,
Extrodus

Refresh: We are still looking to expand our team, with 6+ members strong we are making great progress on what we have but this type of project needs a broader range of staff. From story writers and testers to developers, each member is equally important.

If you are looking to join, please private message or respond here and I will contact you either through PM or Skype if you leave the details.
I am eager to work with anyone who is willing to be part of a team that works together, gets to know each other, and respects what we stand for; a family.

News on Pre-Beta:
Pre-Beta will be coming soon as we finish sculpting our current systems and areas, we will have plenty for you to test and lots for you to learn about Aragon. The thoughts of closed pre-beta is still an idea, but almost very unlikely due to the idea of a time-framed pre-beta that will close after a duration of 3 weeks. Once we reach that point, we will only allow private testers to continue until the Beta launch.

Too bad your "core systems" aren't your own ideas or code... if anyone wants a copy of these "core systems" private message :)

Too bad your "core systems" aren't your own ideas or code... if anyone wants a copy of these "core systems" private message :)
Neither are most of the real maps that are populated with players, this doesn't deter players from playing. That's all the owner of a server wants, doesn't have to be the owner of the servers own code. Sure it'd be a lot cooler if this were the case but it isn't, this is Open-Tibia (open standing for open source) which correct me if I'm wrong means you're free to take what you want and do what you please with it, yes?

I'll ask you politely, just let your hate die and dwindle somewhere inside you. There's no need to project it into the OT community.

Aragon is truly molding into a work of art, remember our test server is available online @ http://aragon.no-ip.org
If anyone would like to join the list of active beta testers just post here.

We have numerous systems to currently be tested: Smelting, Magic Loot, Pets, Character Attributes & More.

Aragon is looking for Developers, Testers, Story Writers and most importantly...
Our team is looking for gifted mappers to aid in the process of making Aragon's ideas come to life.

Some of those mapping pieces entail:

-Heritage Home Towns (The starting towns for each races which include a small tutorial before entering the game world of Aragon)
-Dungeons (Where players will spend a majority of their times farming loot/exp)
-Battlegrounds (A place for players to PVP, we have CTF, TDM, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 maps that need to be created)
-and well, much more!

Any developers wishing to contribute to the making of our systems can join our current team of 2-3 developers.
You can take which ever workload you would like to handle and we can get to work on building Aragon!
There are tasks ranging from small to well, not enormous; but theres a reason why we have a team to get things done.

Still actively looking for some scripters and mappers to join the team, we have gotten a large chunk of the map done over the past month. Our dev's have been a little bit busy, but they are still pumping out systems.
Hope to see a test server online within the next little bit to feature our dungeons system.

Hey guys, just so you know - Aragon is still alive to this day! If you are interested in helping please get in contact.

I will be revamping the thread with updated teasers soon, Im also rethinking the concept of the server to make it easy to jump into.
At this point, we have a ton of new systems that we need to utilize in the most efficient and player friendly ways.

Regards,
Extrodus - Feels good to be back!

Back