• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Team Spectrum RPG [Mappers] [Developers] [Writers]

Extrodus

|| Blazera.net ||
Premium User
Solutions
Reaction score
Spectrum and Aragon are looking for some helping hands to aid in the creation of an in-depth open concept RPG server.
We will be running two servers, on the first world Aragon - you will find a completely custom map with an in depth story!
On the second world, Spectrum - you will play the full Tibia map with all the unique features from Aragon's game-play.

Features available on both servers include:
•Player Attributes [Stat Points|Modifiers]
•Magical Items [Slots|Levels|Gems|Tiers]
•Unique Monsters [Skulls|Levels|World Bosses]
•Automatic Dungeons [Queue|Solo|Dailies]
•World Events [Advanced Raids w/ Waves]
•Tame Mounts as Pets [Train|Level|Battle]
•Mercenaries for Hire [Tank|Mage|Healer|Ranger]
•Fast Travel [Unlock Shrines to Teleport]

How the idea got started:

Around 4 years ago I had the idea for Aragon, which would be styled like Tibia but with a story line you had to progress through, with areas being unlocked as the player leveled/completed the questline. I remember writing story books of dialog for the npcs, and working with a friend to try and create this very in-depth server we both wanted to see. The project carried on for 1.5 years before slowing down to a hault after realizing... this is going to take alot of time, we are basically creating an entire game by ourselves. With that in mind we tried to hire more developers, but thing is; everyone saw how long this would take and very few were open to the idea of dedicating that time in fear the project may not last. Well, after it become mainly only me working on the project, I have re-imagined a more open-concept idea for Aragon that still allows me to create an in-depth story line. At the same time, allowing it to be open-styled enough that one person can handle the project.

Where is this going?
With the story line in mind, I have decided to completely restart Aragon. But when I say that, I don't mean that I deleted everything and started from scratch. I simply restarted the "idea" of Aragon, and what it plans to be. Before the revamp, it was going to be an open world with a huge continent. What I have decided to do, is break apart the previous map into pieces that will end up becoming "Acts" that the player will unlock and explore. With the same concept as before, this will allow us to open the server much sooner since we wont have half of the map "unfinished" that the player gets lost in. Instead, we will be able to release the Act's in phases. The story line will come much later, as right now the main story of Aragon has changed alot. (read the next spoiler) Now the player needs to activate shrines throughout each act in order to continue progress, as of right now.. no NPC interaction takes place to complete the quests, in the end; I hope to have a very detailed story in place so the player knows exactly "why" they are activating the shrines, and what it is leading to. There will be an "end game" quest, but the server wont end; we will always be adding new acts, dungeons, world bosses and daily quests, as well events will be quite frequent on Aragon.

Revamped Story Line of Aragon/Spectrum:
The story starts with a battle, when the Shadow Realm creates a portal to the world of Aragon. They begin to invade and start changing creatures all over the lands into demons and minions of their toying to aid in the fight of conquering Aragon, but the Royal Aragon Army fought back with all its power and magic killing and pushing the shadow creatures back into the portal. With all the mages power combined and targeted at the portal, they successfully destroyed it sending a shock wave of energy across the entire lands of Aragon. You wake up to find yourself in Aragon, learning of the war that locals say, you had just taken place in, you were one of the main guardians that helped close the portal so it seems. You were put into a coma when the portal exploded killing most members of the Royal Aragon Army. It caused all teleports and shrines to become unstable in Aragon. The locals warn you, creatures in the land aren't what they seem anymore. When you arrive to the king, he seems to be acting strange and almost looks sick or, maybe demented.. you are asked to help the remaining members of the army activate the portals. This may be your only chance to find out what is going on, do you accept?

If you have read the above, I shouldn't need to explain to much. No matter what the positions filled are, we will always be accepting helping hands that would like to create Aragon with us.

Dev's will be working with TFS 1.2, Mappers will be working with client 10.97~10.99.
  • Developers/Scripters are currently working on a couple of new features to implement.
  • Mappers will be sculpting the remaining Act's, Dungeons and Event Areas.
  • Story Writers will be tinkering with the elements of Aragon to come up with creative quest lines our mappers can bring to life.
  • OTC Dev's will be developing UI for the new systems/features.
  • Designers will help with anything from advertising materials, signatures, etc. I am also open to web designers for website layout purposes.
Apply with a post, inbox or skype - create an application the way you deem fit; it will help me understand who you are as a person a little bit easier.

Test Servers are online!
IP: Server Selection - Aragon/Spectrum

Note: The server is already in Alpha testing with 3 acts in progress, 2 of them basically finished. People seem to enjoy the idea of the server and I have yet to implement any of the "real" key features/hooks.

Last edited:
This project looks promising, anyone would be lucky to be apart of it

@Codex NG - Confidence is key when working on a project with me. Ignore the haters and apply if you feel you can help. "Regardless of the past, or what people say you can do."

@LuckyM - Thank you kindly!

@Sir Knighter - Let the process begin! Haha, thanks for the encouragement!

@LuckyM - I'd love to have another mapper work on this with me. Do you mind sharing some of your previous work, or skyping with me and screen sharing some maps?

@Codex NG - Responded ;D
@Sir Knighter - Wonderful to hear that, the more creative hands we have; the better!

Updates: Currently developing a unique online training system for the server, as well sculpting Act's III & IV.

We are still actively looking for helping hands, including mappers and scripters. There is lots to come to Aragon, be part of a growing project today!

Note to all future workers: 60+ System Concepts have been written down, as well in depth story lines. Unique Ideas are being talked about everyday! Join a team of mystery and learn about Aragon as you help build it, apply today!

To the top, we have organized our 50+ system concepts into 3 categories; server core, side features and expansion plans.
With that being said we have also jotted down vocation and spell ideas; not to mention quest concepts as well.

Over the next 2-3 weeks Aragon will be taking a small step forward as I will most likely be starting some NPC questline scripting to start to add part of the story we have so far.

Apply today and join the fun!
Calling all scripters, mappers and web devs!

To the top, let's get some more creative minds on this project!

Looking for mappers, scripters and even people who can help come up with a great story line!

I am currently going through each act writing in-depth story lines, then mapping around those concepts and bringing them to life. If you wish to help with Aragon, please leave a post or give me an inbox message!

Sent a few PM's out today, I suppose it takes effort on both parts when it comes to finding a team here on the forum.
Please apply below, but also keep an eye on your inbox since I will be messaging people that seem to be dedicated to creating servers.

The more heads we can have on this project the better to be honest, the whole game is so immersive that every perspective we can possibly get will help in the final outcome of the game.
We have a story board, a concept/feature list, as well a running Alpha to test all our ideas in-game, and essentially anything else we need to keep progressing efficiently on Aragon.

Looking forward to hearing from some creative minds out there!

To the top, looking for some kind souls to join the team of Aragon. @Codex NG has been removed from the team due to childish behavior and depression. He clearly has some real life issues to work out before he ever joins a team.

In other news, I have restored all the information that Codex deleted when he had his rage quit. The 60+ server feature concepts as well the story lines, I am always looking for new people to help with stories, mapping, scripting and everything else. If you wish to be part of a progressive team, please apply!

Back