• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

TFS 1.X+ Spell IDs cause exhaust on wrong spells

Ernstjan

Reaction score
I created an custom spell, now im running into an issue. I want my spell to display a cooldown in the cooldown bar
so i copied:
Code:
    <instant group="attack" spellid="87" name="Death Strike" words="exori mort" level="16" mana="20" premium="1" range="3" casterTargetOrDirection="1" blockwalls="1" cooldown="2000" groupcooldown="2000" needlearn="0" script="attack/death_strike.lua">
        <vocation name="Sorcerer" />
        <vocation name="Master Sorcerer" />
    </instant>
then i added my custom spell:

Code:
      <instant group="attack" spellid="87" name="Double Sudden Death" words="exori double death" lvl="200" mana="950" prem="0" range="7" needtarget="1" blockwalls="1" cooldown="20000" groupcooldown="2000"  needlearn="0" script="attack/twicespell.lua">
            <vocation name="Sorcerer" />
        <vocation name="Master Sorcerer" />
        <vocation name="Druid" />
        <vocation name="Elder Druid" />
    </instant>

So the issue i run into is this, when I cast the custom spell "exori double death"
I cannot cast "exori mort" untill the cooldown is over this is caused by the Spell ID.
Simply removing the spell id will cause the same thing with my other custom spells,
so i could fix it by for example removing exori mort,, but i obviously dont want to do that.
So how do I fix this issue? I know its possible haha
Using TFS 1.3, Thanks in advance

You want to use spellid 87 because you want to use the same icon from exori mort, right? I would recommend to use a new spellid, some icon from another vocation or creating your own icon with otclient instead of using two equals icons in the same vocation, cuz that would be confusing for players to know what spell is on cooldown between them.

You want to use spellid 87 because you want to use the same icon from exori mort, right? I would recommend to use a new spellid, some icon from another vocation or creating your own icon with otclient instead of using two equals icons in the same vocation, cuz that would be confusing for players to know what spell is on cooldown between them.

Hmm yea, but how would i make my own?
I couldnt find this anywhere. And does it require the use of a custom client?

If you want to use a new spellid with a specific icon then you can accomplish this in otclient pretty easily. You would have to make modifications in the cooldown module, and you'd have to make all your players use this modified module in that case. You don't need to recompile the client if you decide to do this, you could even add your own icon pretty easily as well or make modifications to existing ones.

I solved this using spell ids from different vocations spells, so if I wanted to use a new cd for Sorcerer, then I chose one from Knight
I made this list manually (Spell names are based on my own OTS):
1 = light healing
2 = Intense Heal
3 = Ult Heal
13 = Energy Wave
19 = Fire Wave, Dragon Wave, Volcanic Eruption
21 = deathbringer, soul eater, dark hole, Aura of Sorrow
22 = Energy Beam
23 = Great Energy Beam, Overcharged Beam
24 = Hell's Core
56 = Wrath of Nature
57 = Bless Pierce