• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Spoonfeeders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case you were late to the party: google cache of the fail

And the best real map? TerraServer no doubt. :D

You guys do realize that OTs are the way they are simply because we spoon-fed them everything? I swear the worst thing we could have done is provide tutorials for people in the community who simply use this site as a resource for their cash-in servers, it sickens me to see that nobody knows the meaning of customization any more.

I'm all for helping someone who's going to contribute to our forums, but by looking at the way OTs are today, we fucked something up.

Completely agree with Leftwing, although I am new to Open-Tibia, and I cannot contribute as much as one of you may be able to; But I am 100% certain that I will not be one to download a server packet from the "downloads" section and run it for money. I hope, in the near future to be an excellent mapper and able to help Project Managers with their own projects, instead of using someone elses blood sweat and tears.

Yes.

At least give me a fork when I am eating steak.

#onTopic.

Though, please use the search function, THEN post a thread or ask a moderator.

Completely agree with Leftwing, although I am new to Open-Tibia, and I cannot contribute as much as one of you may be able to; But I am 100% certain that I will not be one to download a server packet from the "downloads" section and run it for money. I hope, in the near future to be an excellent mapper and able to help Project Managers with their own projects, instead of using someone elses blood sweat and tears.

I'm trying to learn C++/Lua/Php/MySql - i have english recources. Also I'm trying to do a custom game from tibia, but first i need a stable server and then i can try to do something more :3

I generally use the search feature and even sometimes try to find outside sources of information but sometimes my last resort is bothering all the "pro's". I understand you all's pain tho. When I see a post like " How make server online for all. k thx" << that shit drives me nuts. lol And they have a 2 post count on top of that, created there account three days ago. lmao.....

Such click n' run servers don't really attract a lot of people. There are tons of them that if you distribute the population equally to each server, they'll have few players.

if we ban all spoons from being manufactured it will be solved but it will be problems for this land when people kill lataluren for being dictator ;///

If you are pro, you can find what you search for without using the search function :)

If you are pro, you can find what you search for without using the search function :)

Not really
Cuz there is of 100000 th threads, and search button was made to help, it got nothing with proness

Not really
Cuz there is of 100000 th threads, and search button was made to help, it got nothing with proness

If you learn to search correctly instead of making new threads about every single thing. You'll realize that it's more professional of a user to search rather than making a thread about some random problem.
If the problem however wasn't able to be resolved using the search function then you make a new thread.
But to keep the exact same problem for happening, you don't write "nvm, solved" and instead you write, I solved it, here's how you do it:

If you learn to search correctly instead of making new threads about every single thing. You'll realize that it's more professional of a user to search rather than making a thread about some random problem.
If the problem however wasn't able to be resolved using the search function then you make a new thread.
But to keep the exact same problem for happening, you don't write "nvm, solved" and instead you write, I solved it, here's how you do it:

that was what i said +.+

so i said that search function is good to use
u mad korrex?

BUMP! This problem is still around! I urge you to stop feeding the lazy scums of OtLand and have them figure things out on their own!
I don't want you to entirely disregard all pleads for help, but stop "spoon-feeding" them on how to solve their problems!

Now some of you might think I am trolling in my recent posts, but I strongly agree that we should not be spoon feeding incompetent retards.

Examples of how not to spoon feed:
http://otland.net/f252/how-many-players-can-i-handle-156729/#post1508744

>Implying you need to list your GPU
>Windows 7 Home Premium
>Not Ultimate
>Not even some kind of GNU/Linux distro
>Making a thread on something that has been answered over nine thousand times instead of searching and calculating yourself

ISHIGGITYDIGGITYDOBAP
> Microsoft.com
> Download Centre
> Enjoy

> How does one into Google?
> Install Gentoo
  1. Learn HTML
  2. Make layout
  3. ???
  4. Leave ->
OR

1. Have money
  2. Pay someone to make a layout
  3. ???
  4. Get something completely unrelated
OR

1. Install Gentoo

Examples of what happens when you don't spoon feed.
People argue, and OP learns why he is a faggot. (They learn what the problem is and how shit actually works)
http://otland.net/f16/passwords-problem-sha1-158102/ <-- OP being completely retarded on the subject learns a thing or two at the end.
http://otland.net/f16/recaptcha-code-158250/ <-- Entire thread was hilarious

etc

Last edited:
I has to agree with alot of these, people bring up the same damn topic over and over and over even right after solving their problem or if they don't get the help they want IMMEDIATLY, I've seen noobs bump their threads before the 24hr period as if they demand help ASAP. Why can't they go to the tutorials and look at not just one but two or three tutorials on something to find a way to do it? Why can't they look in the support/help sections and see if any threads related to their problems have already been made and solved? I say for as the people who help noobs and whatnot such as myself we need to cut down on that and start letting them solve some of their own problems especially if we've seen the thread atleast twice before.

I has to agree with alot of these, people bring up the same damn topic over and over and over even right after solving their problem or if they don't get the help they want IMMEDIATLY, I've seen noobs bump their threads before the 24hr period as if they demand help ASAP. Why can't they go to the tutorials and look at not just one but two or three tutorials on something to find a way to do it? Why can't they look in the support/help sections and see if any threads related to their problems have already been made and solved? I say for as the people who help noobs and whatnot such as myself we need to cut down on that and start letting them solve some of their own problems especially if we've seen the thread atleast twice before.

Post links directing them to the correct board where they should be searching in, but don't direct them to the actual thread where they might find what they seek unless they would be required to use a fraction of their brain skimming through said thread.

That's what I encourage spoon-feeders and people to start doing.

Post links directing them to the correct board where they should be searching in, but don't direct them to the actual thread where they might find what they seek unless they would be required to use a fraction of their brain skimming through said thread.

That's what I encourage spoon-feeders and people to start doing.

Seconed but also remember, they will whine... So tell them that's all you'll do and hope nobody will spoonfeed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back