• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Complaint Spoonfeeders

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a difference between a newb and a noob, remember that peeps. ''Pologies for bumping a pretty old thread but I'm tired of hearing the word noob when newb best represents the topic ideally.

There is a difference between a newb and a noob, remember that peeps. ''Pologies for bumping a pretty old thread but I'm tired of hearing the word noob when newb best represents the topic ideally.

It's over 1 year old and no there's no difference between newb and noob, it's the same thing.

Newb is someone whose new at something; they can be good or bad. A noob is someone whose had the time to make the grade and failed to do so. Don't argue with me, you're obviously a new-ager. newbie. ;)

Newb is someone whose new at something; they can be good or bad. A noob is someone whose had the time to make the grade and failed to do so. Don't argue with me, you're obviously a new-ager. newbie. ;)

It has the exact same meaning you twat, gtfo.

You're either a troll or an idiot.

Both slang words (initially) used to describe the exact same thing, a new or inexperienced player. Noob is predominately used because it's easier/faster to type and it has devolved into a meaningless insult over the years, but that doesn't change the original meaning.

Both slang words (initially) used to describe the exact same thing, a new or inexperienced player. Noob is predominately used because it's easier/faster to type and it has devolved into a meaningless insult over the years, but that doesn't change the original meaning.

So you're new and inexperienced (newb) if you've played a game (say tibia) for several years but yet fail to leave rookgaard (level up to level 8)?

So you're new and inexperienced (newb) if you've played a game (say tibia) for several years but yet fail to leave rookgaard (level up to level 8)?

All Swedes here are complete morons it seems, I'm very disappointed with my nationality.

You are clearly a noob if you haven't reached level 8 after years of playing, are you not?

All Swedes here are complete morons it seems, I'm very disappointed with my nationality.

You are clearly a noob if you haven't reached level 8 after years of playing, are you not?

Keep your opinions for yourself.

Newb = newbie = NEW BIE = NEW
Noob = insult = retard

Thats how I've always gone by it, and always probably will

Lol ofcourse they are the same. Just the spelling changes.
Nub-nubzors-nubix cube-noob-newb-newbie. All the same.

Keep your opinions for yourself.

I'm allowed to speak my mind, even on the internet. Another Swede posting something ridiculous doesn't help changing my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Newb = newbie = NEW BIE = NEW
Noob = insult = retard

Thats how I've always gone by it, and always probably will

It has mutated within gaming communities and people use and read it as it would mean incompetent. Hence why most take offense when being called a noob.

I'm allowed to speak my mind, even on the internet. Another Swede posting something ridiculous doesn't help changing my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

It has mutated within gaming communities and people use and read it as it would mean incompetent. Hence why most take offense when being called a noob.

Yeah, I agree, they both mean the same now. Before they never, but now, yeah.

But my view on it, will always remain the same.

Do you include yourself in this? Grow up and don't be an insult-using idiot when some try to have a discussion.

That's my point, according to many this scenario is called a noob. My question simply was if you would call this person a newb since you say that they have the same meaning.

Aren't we allowed to speak our minds. Might your posts not seem ridiculous to others? Who says your writing will change others opinion when you insult them when trying to give your argument. It's a known fact that insulting someone into changing their mind is a rather ineffective method.
Are you a racist against Swedes since you seem to pull them out from the rest and insult rather specific?

Do you include yourself in this? Grow up and don't be an insult-using idiot when some try to have a discussion.

This is not a discussion, it was a question being answered.

That's my point, according to many this scenario is called a noob. My question simply was if you would call this person a newb since you say that they have the same meaning.

What part of it has the same meaning don't you understand?

Aren't we allowed to speak our minds. Might your posts not seem ridiculous to others? Who says your writing will change others opinion when you insult them when trying to give your argument. It's a known fact that insulting someone into changing their mind is a rather ineffective method.
Are you a racist against Swedes since you seem to pull them out from the rest and insult rather specific?

I only post when I feel the need to, there's no opinion changing or arguments in this thread, I only stated facts. There was 2 Swedes before me who posted ridiculous shit, excluding the one after me. I'm not a racist, but you're clearly stupid.

First of all, you contradicted yourself when calling me an idiot.
Secondly, you don't know what racism is or means.
Thirdly, your post does nothing but strengthen my argument. I'm not calling all Swedes idiots, but most Swedes on Otland are stupid or just kids who hasn't been to school yet.

First of all, you contradicted yourself when calling me an idiot.
I'm not trying to convince you something since you clearly can't handle anyone else's opinion than your own.

So you have really strong prejudice then..

I would also like to "STATE FACTS" and qoute Wikipedia:
Wikipedia said:
Two related terms are "newb", a beginner who is willing to learn; and "noob" (often spelt "n00b" or "nub"), a derogatory name for an inexperienced or under-talented hacker or gamer.
So: "newb", a beginner who is willing to learn
"noob", a derogatory name for an inexperienced or under-talented hacker or gamer.

With this said I won't be commenting on this matter anymore.
Lastly I just want to say that your behaviour is childish and immature, using insults as the main part of your reasoning is not the way to go when "stating facts". And I bet I have "been to school" more than you have.

Suggesting this thread should be locked, since it's blown out of proportion. This thread was about spoonfeeding people, which is still happening. Not about noob or newb or swedish people etc.

I'm not trying to convince you something since you clearly can't handle anyone else's opinion than your own.

So you have really strong prejudice then..

I would also like to "STATE FACTS" and qoute Wikipedia:

So: "newb", a beginner who is willing to learn
"noob", a derogatory name for an inexperienced or under-talented hacker or gamer.

I don't care for your opinion, just like you should not care for mine.

Off to wikipedia are we?

Newbie, newb, noob, or n00b is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in any profession or activity. Contemporary use can particularly refer to a beginner or new user of computers, often concerning Internet activity, such as online gaming[1] or Linux use.[2][3] It can have derogatory connotations, but is also often used for descriptive purposes only, without a value judgment.

With this said I won't be commenting on this matter anymore.
Lastly I just want to say that your behaviour is childish and immature, using insults as the main part of your reasoning is not the way to go when "stating facts". And I bet I have "been to school" more than you have.

Oh, wait, you did the same thing, you must be childish and immature. I would not be surprised if you have been to school more than me, I was not talking about you, read my post again, but yes, I did not stay in school for very long at all, the reason behind it however is no one's business but my own.

But I could not care less about you replying or not, you are clearly not one to reason with. You asked us a question and when given an answer, you question it and heads off to Wikipedia, what's the point?

It is the same, so keep moving on.
If Wikipedia says so that's cool but that's not true. If someone calls you a noob or newb you are "offended" both time and no you do not think "Oh cool he think I am trying to get better", that's just bullcr**.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back