• There is NO official Otland's Discord server and NO official Otland's server list. The Otland's Staff does not manage any Discord server or server list. Moderators or administrator of any Discord server or server lists have NO connection to the Otland's Staff. Do not get scammed!

Sprite Tutorial

Lothar99

Reaction score
Okay this is a sprite tutorial I decided to make from basic to advanced because I was really bored. I will include screenshots. Enjoy.

Programs used: MS Paint

Lessons that will be learned if you pay attention: AA, Shadding, and Shaping.

Lets start with the basics: First open up MS Paint.

Second Step:

Third Step:

Fourth Step:

Tut will continue....

Fifth Step:

Shape:

Shading:

AA:

Made by: Lothar99
SS by: Lothar99

I forgot to include ALWAYS use a pink backround. Its the color that is invisible on tibia if you put it into your OT.

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial.

Yours,
Lothar99

Last edited:
I went through your tutorial and nothing is missing... Or... Well you could of explained the perspective in tibia, that the sun is at the top left corner... Which means you need to shade the item after the sun's direction if I am not misstaken... I do already know how to make sprites but I believe this tutorial is a good start for beginners.

Well done.

Yeah, it's a good start for me.
But as i said, i haven't got paint.
This tutorial is very good for by anyway ;)

Oh well ofcourse - And also rep me if you liked it :p Its just to show that you actually did like it. And if you have any questions on spriting or anything else private message me here and Ill be glad to help.

Yours,
Lothar99

Before making tutorials: Know the light directions, correct colour picking, rules for black except outlines, anti alias, dithering, advanced software, drawing techniques etcetera...

Some other advices: Do only use black colour when you're gonna do the outlines, you don't use black when colouring your items. Do not use RGB colours, use dark colours instead and colours that fits together.

Do not use RGB colours?? You DO know that every colour you see consists of red green and blue aye? Now you may use black when drawing black objects, but large parts are dark grey and highlights are still quite bright but just very small.

Further I think you mean pale colours instead of very strong colours plus that you should take colours that are the same in hue when shading the same surface. When doing some more advanced stuff you might wish to have a light colour bring influence. Do note that shades make a colour not only darker, but also more paleand sometimes even a tad blue (a purple item has blue-ish shadows, a yellow item has grey shadows).

Back